nuhiu 7

joao 7 

thorniley 7 

matias 7 

palmer 7 

overall I thought it was a decent performance 

Surely someone warrants 7.1 and MoM?

2 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Sorry I had to miss today's game.....did reach play left wing back? If so how did he Do?    I've always believed he'd be perfect there......tons of energy. 

Very excited for next season......its all taking shape nicely

Quietly effective rather than spectacular but 2 assists.

One for Atde's first goal

One  for Venancio's goal, both accurate left wing crossess.

Well first game in 6 years and couldn’t have asked for a better performance.

i thought Baker was terrific first half albeit quieter second but he looks a real prospect in an area we are desperate for quality next year.

actually thought reach was fairly average but You can’t argue with two assists

FF, Joao and nuhiu were excellent.  And generally when we conceded territory in midfield we defended our 18 yard box well.

enjoyable day and big man MOM for me but so impressed with FF since his return from such a long layoff  

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

dawson 7

baker  7 

fred  7 

loovens 7

pudil  7

reach 7 

joey 7

bannan7 

FF 7 

nuhiu 7

joao 7 

thorniley 7 

matias 7 

palmer 7 

overall I thought it was a decent performance 

You've really pu in some work there. :biggrin:

Edited by OwlsfaninNorway

Dawson       7

Baker           7

Fred             8

Loovens       7

Pudil            7

Reach          8

Bannan        8

Pelupessy    6

Joao             6

Nuhiu           9

Forestieri      8

Thorniley     7

Matias         7

Palmer        6

Can't deny Dave MoM with the perfect hat trick, header, left foot, right foot.

1 hour ago, Peacenocchio said:

Think Joao is being massively underrated. He pulls three or four in every time he gets the ball. Great run for first goal. Incredible dummy in move for third. Always available.

Him Nuhiu and FF are some front three.

Agree. A forward who can match FF for skill. Brilliant turn off their defender to start a run which led to the first goal.

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

Dawson - 7. Really like the looks of him, looks comfortable and unflappable.

Baker - 7. Looks a player. If I was his age and playing in front of 28k for the first time I would brown my trousers. Really solid and put some good balls down the line.

Venancio - 8. Sign him up, if we don’t it’s going to come back and haunt us. Still young and is solid as a rock, good finish too.

Loovens - 7. Solid, sad to see it come to an end but his time has come.

Pudil - 8. Oozes class, can see why he’s been an international the majority of his career. Just seems to keep getting better.

Reach - 8.5. Two assists and never stopped running, great player.

Banan - 9. Everything goes through him. Great array of passing, puts a shift in and gets back too. Absolutely vital for us.

Pelupessy - 7. Solid, positionally very good and can hit a shot. Always seems to be there.

Fessi - 9. I would let him do unspeakable things to me, and I’m twice his size and 3 times his weight. 

Joao -7.5. Good run for the first goal, held it up well at times. Looked frustrated to not be on the scoresheet.

Nuhiu - 10 MoM. Hattrick. They could not handle him at all, looks a completely different player under Jos.

Thorniley - 7. Solid, can put in a half decent cross as well, impressed again.

Palmer - N/A

Matias - N/A

We look so solid and I effing love it, they could not break us down. Also broke with pace and meaning, boring Jos eh?

JL had to play Joao and Nuhui early on because the other forwards were unavailable or in Rhodes case seemingly going backwards.

Whether it was JL personally or not, someone has given Nuhui the confidence and faith to get him to perform streets better than ever before.

I remember when the press and some fans were criticising JL for saying the team lacked confidence ( although he said he was doing his best for the players but results were needed to really deliver confidence). However,  he was right and he has succeeded in building up players and stressing the  'team' aspect of it all.

1 hour ago, vulture_squadron said:

Dawson - 6 - nothing to do. Kicking not the best.

Baker - 7 - comedy airshot early doors but good blocks and tackles

Fred - 7 - solid. Decent finish.

Loovens - 7 - solid

Pudil - 8 - solid, good positional play

Reach - 8 - great attacking outlet

Joey - 8 - good positional play and ball retention

Bannan - 9 - class

Joao - 7 - nice touches and tidy feet, good link up and won his headers. Gave the ball a bit and didn't show much for Baker though.

Nuhiu - 9 - couldn't believe what I was seeing. Great focal point, bullied their defence. Won all his headers. Great linking with team mates.

Forestieri - 8 - tenacious, quality, tracked back a bit more as the game went on.

Thorniley - 7 - solid, a decent cross in there as well

Matias - 6 - lively but not the always the best decision made

Palmer- 6 - fairly industrious

Agree about Baker's defending. Blocks and gets close to opposition attackers more than any other full back.

Fred Venancio extremely good today. Mature, alert, calm and intelligent in his defending. JL has played him from the beginning after he had just got into the team as CC left and JL obviously rates him.

Some of Bannan's passing absolutely outstanding.

Joao great at starting attacks from midfield by his runs with the ball.

FF as sharp as a tack with great skill. Hs always been the spark for attacks since he arrived.

Nuhui a great improvement under JL. Can even head the ball now. Bit lucky to stay on the pitch with daft tackles and one goal somewhat fortuitous but outstanding. display.

Dawson       7 - Looks solid.  Looked so frustrated that we conceded.  I like the fact it annoyed him so much, shows he's competitive.

Baker           8 - Great debut.  That early mistake could have shattered his confidence, but he looked a very good defender.  Was communicating with those around him too.

Fred             8 - He's a good CB.  And he can play too.  He's gotta be worth a couple of million.  It wouldn't be a gamble at all.

Loovens       8 - At times he showed why he's been such a good player for us.  When we signed him he was far above the level we were playing at.  I honestly think he'll have helped massively with the development of a lot of these good youngsters we have coming through at the back.  Model pro.  Glad he got such a great send off.

Pudil            8 - He's perfectly suited to the left hand side of a back three.  Was brilliant today.

Reach          8 - Two assists, plenty of energy.

Bannan        8 - Was excellent all round, and I think he's a bit over rated by some folk.  But when he plays like that there are not many better at this level.

Pelupessy    7 - Just gets on and does his job.  Allowing Bannan some freedom to find space, and the full backs cover when they push on.  He likes to wind up the opponents too. 

Joao             7 - Good game.  A handful all the time.

Nuhiu           10 - Can't remember the last time I saw a hat trick at Hillsborough.  So for that he gets a ten and MoM.

Forestieri      8 - Looks hungry.  I hope we keep him in the summer, cos there aren't many players we could replace him with.

Thorniley     8 - Looks composed and a decent player.

Matias         6 - Basically not played enough games to make the right decisions when he needs too.  If we keep him fit he'll be very useful if we stick with the front three.

Palmer        6 - I really like Palmer, and rate him, but he was pretty average today.  hard to come on guns blazing in a game thats already over tho I suppose.

Adthe for me,thought they all did their bit,very solid and professional,thought we bossed the first half by a distance,but Norwich came out far more determined 2nd half,snapped at a few tackles and finally got some shots at goal,nice touch from FF to let AN take the pen after the little debate lol and get a well deserved trio,proper one as well header,left foot right foot,really pleased for young Ash Baker as well YET ANOTHER youngster makes his bow,summat we never got under carlos.

Nice to see Loovens get a game and a good send off,hes been bloody terrific for us and a great leader.

Edited by legendaryswan

3 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Glad Joey played well

I'm still not 100% convinced. At half time I was struggling to think what he actually did. Second half he did better and was involved in a great move (when he linked up with Nando, charged forward and put that ball in) that led to Atdhe's tap in. For me, he needs to show a bit more of that from time to time. I get that Bannan is meant to be the star of the show but if Joey can do a bit more when on the ball too then we are looking good.

3 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Yes did you

Yes. I did. Your scored a 6 for him. I think that's harsh. The front three are a unit. They work as a unit. And they work bloody well as a unit. If we keep them as a unit all three will score as they bring different talents and strengths to the front line.

10 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

I'm still not 100% convinced. At half time I was struggling to think what he actually did. Second half he did better and was involved in a great move (when he linked up with Nando, charged forward and put that ball in) that led to Atdhe's tap in. For me, he needs to show a bit more of that from time to time. I get that Bannan is meant to be the star of the show but if Joey can do a bit more when on the ball too then we are looking good.

Joey goes about his work quietly, but he's always there. I really like him. In the past he reminds me of Gary Shelton. Will never get  MOM. But we'd miss him.

27 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Joey goes about his work quietly, but he's always there. I really like him. In the past he reminds me of Gary Shelton. Will never get  MOM. But we'd miss him.

I never notice him so he cant be doing anything wrong ......

12 hours ago, victorturner said:

Agree. A forward who can match FF for skill. Brilliant turn off their defender to start a run which led to the first goal.

That turn was epic and for me shows the nonsense of “stats”

Reach gets an assist for the terrific cross yet Joao who’s run and tenacity actually set up the position gets no statistical acknowledgement 

He needed a slap for getting arsey about Atty taking the pen though

17 hours ago, Peacenocchio said:

Think Joao is being massively underrated. He pulls three or four in every time he gets the ball. Great run for first goal. Incredible dummy in move for third. Always available.

Him Nuhiu and FF are some front three.

Agree about Joao, a tremendous player.  He does seem to get attention from the opposites and he deals with it.

• Like 1