• Joao
    • Reach
    • Thorniley
    • Palmer
    • Matias
    • Venancio

3 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

That turn was epic and for me shows the nonsense of “stats”

Reach gets an assist for the terrific cross yet Joao who’s run and tenacity actually set up the position gets no statistical acknowledgement 

He needed a slap for getting arsey about Atty taking the pen though

They all want to score. Getting arsey (and he was) is fine. shows he want to score.

21 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

He played 2 or 3 exquisite passes today did our Bazza 

I thought Atty was superb all game (should have gone for the hack at Klose though and probably would have in a meaningful game ) my MoM .

Honourable mentions to FF, Joao , Reach 

To be honest they all played well the entire team

I also think Joao's contribution has mainly gone under radar.

He was superb, even before Norwich went to sleep.

His first touch was great, tracked back, ran and ran and really contributed to team and Atty's performance.

I think next season will really launch him to top, especially as his contract's also up then.

9 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Joey goes about his work quietly, but he's always there. I really like him. In the past he reminds me of Gary Shelton. Will never get  MOM. But we'd miss him.

I think the game has passed him by a lot of the time. The occasions when he has shown more is when we are winning comfortably - I've not been that impressed when the game is tight. I hope he comes good and he has shown glimmers, but as of now another CM would be my priority for the summer (assuming Lee is done).

Bit late with this, but here goes:

Dawson - 7 - Had little to do, but made the routine stops well, and looked commanding and comfortable. 

Venancio - 8 - Another solid, no nonsense display. Took his goal superbly. 

Loovens - 7 - 30 minute cameo, but did everything he needed to. Nice touch to give him a standing ovation his service deserved. 

Pudil - 7 - Another Pudil-esque performance. Some good solid tackles and look composed throughout. 

Baker - 7 - Like the look of him. Loves to defend. Excellent in a couple of one-on-one situations, made a couple of great tackles. Showed more promise than Palmer ever has!

Reach - 8 - Excellent performance to cap off a brilliant season. Exquisite cross for Nuhiu's first, and another assist for Venancio's goal. Arrived late into the attacking third from the deeper role, suited him perfectly. Really pleased Luhukay finally played him in his best position. 

Bannan - 8 - In the 1st half especially, he was superb. Sprayed some wonderful passes around. Looked back close to his best. 

Pelupessy - 7 - Another sound display, from the bloke who is slowly proving me wrong. Great work for Nuhiu's 2nd goal. Full of energy. 

Joao - 7 - The wide right forward position really suits him. Allows him to find space and attack it with his pace, demonsrated perfectly with his run for the 1st goal. Next season could be huge for him.

Nuhiu - 9 - Man of the Match - Outstanding. Dropped deep, dragged the centre halves with him and created space in behind for Joao and Forestieri. Took his 1st goal brilliantly, and thoroughely deserved his hat-trick. 

Forestieri - 8 - Energetic, pressed from the front. It was like having the Forestieri of the 2015/16 season back. You can see he's enjoying his football. Hopefully a non-eventful summer will see him come back and pick up where he left off. 

Thorniley - 7 - Is starting to make the transition into 1st team football now. I no longer have any thoughts about him been a youngster. Equips himself well, and that's full credit to himself and the management. 

Overall...fantastic end to a dreadful season. Really encouraged by Luhukay's patience and gradual transformation. Came in, knew we were seriously up against it, and devised a way for us to get through a horrendous period. And has gradually turned us from a dour, methodic side looking to grind any result we can out into a side that look to play expansive, attacking forward utilising our best players to their maximum. Plenty of optimism for next season, if still a few issues to iron out. But I've full faith Luhukay will do just that. 

On 5/7/2018 at 15:26, fred mciver said:

I also think Joao's contribution has mainly gone under radar.

He was superb, even before Norwich went to sleep.

His first touch was great, tracked back, ran and ran and really contributed to team and Atty's performance.

I think next season will really launch him to top, especially as his contract's also up then.

I seriously hope we don't go into next season with Joao only having a year to run on the his contract.

First priority is getting Nuhiu to sign. After that, sit down with Joao and get him to sign a 3 year deal before pre season begins. 

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:08, roundhayowl said:

I think the game has passed him by a lot of the time. The occasions when he has shown more is when we are winning comfortably - I've not been that impressed when the game is tight. I hope he comes good and he has shown glimmers, but as of now another CM would be my priority for the summer (assuming Lee is done).

Lee and joey are entirely different players. if Lee isn't done then it would be Bannon places under threat. But I quite like joey. He will be OK I think.

21 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Lee and joey are entirely different players. if Lee isn't done then it would be Bannon places under threat. But I quite like joey. He will be OK I think.

BANNAN 

I absolutely agree that Lee and Pelupessy are different types and as much as i love Lee as a player no way should he oust Bannan

15 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

BANNAN 

I absolutely agree that Lee and Pelupessy are different types and as much as i love Lee as a player no way should he oust Bannan

For the first time I agree with you.

I have always held Lee in Higher regard than Bannan I think he has been class and although Bannan has been in certain points he has had many a poor game too, however this is not totally his fault.

Bannan is now being used better he doesn’t sit in the back 3 and he hasn’t meshed as many tackles he has been excellent since his return. Lee has been out more or less for over a year. The place is Bannans to love should Lee return the same player or at all. Hope he does coz it could make Bazza up his game to keep his place which would be frightening.