2 hours ago, vulva said:

Since he walked through the door we have been spoilt with fast offensive football. Millwall away in particular was a great advert for throwing caution to the wind and playing with ruthless attacking intent. 

As as example, I distinctly recall us abandoning the flat back 8 in the last 5 minutes. 

Any need?  We all understand issues currently, we all appreciate the football under Jos so far hasn't been awe inspiring.

Did he have a remit to keep us up, or did he get told to play attractive attacking football, regardless?

If he wins the league by 10 clear points next season and we play like dog poo every third game, with only one in ten being spectacular, will you still complain?   Hell yes! of course.   Change your name from Vulva to Victor (Meldrew)

• Like 1

TBF this group of players hasn't really produced sparkling football for nearly two seasons. 

Last year, despite the points haul, wasn't exactly pleasing on the eye (bar a performance here and there). 

Perhaps it takes Jos a while to implement his way of playing? 

Plus, he's probably going to make quite a few changes to the playing side in the summer. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SiJ said:

TBF this group of players hasn't really produced sparkling football for nearly two seasons. 

Last year, despite the points haul, wasn't exactly pleasing on the eye (bar a performance here and there). 

Perhaps it takes Jos a while to implement his way of playing? 

Plus, he's probably going to make quite a few changes to the playing side in the summer. 

Absolutely spot on. The football under Carlos since losing at Wembley was dire. His saving grace last season was the points haul.

3 hours ago, Dooogs said:

That bit about commitment from directors is the only part that worries me, given the likely FFP pressure coming our way...

I don't think there is or will be a lack of support from the Chairman. For many on here he kept Carlos too long. The loyalty he showed him must be a plus for any manager at Hillsborough. As for spending the cash - if our hands are tied because of FFP there's not alot anyone can do about it other than ride out the storm until the books have been cleared. But I would imagine Jos probably new that when he took the job. He certainly will now so if he doesn't like the situation I would expect him to be leaving in the next few days. I'm looking forward to next season - see what he can do with time to prepare properly

1 hour ago, doubleo said:

I don't think there is or will be a lack of support from the Chairman. For many on here he kept Carlos too long. The loyalty he showed him must be a plus for any manager at Hillsborough. As for spending the cash - if our hands are tied because of FFP there's not alot anyone can do about it other than ride out the storm until the books have been cleared. But I would imagine Jos probably new that when he took the job. He certainly will now so if he doesn't like the situation I would expect him to be leaving in the next few days. I'm looking forward to next season - see what he can do with time to prepare properly

I'm hopeful that Chansiri will be as patient with Jos, because truth told he's probably going to need more time than Carlos as the squad is going to need something of an overhaul and as you, with FFP  (Or whatever they are now calling it) thst is going to take a couple of windows to achieve.

6 hours ago, Dooogs said:

That bit about commitment from directors is the only part that worries me, given the likely FFP pressure coming our way...

You have to imagine that when Jos and DC originally discussed his position they also discussed all the other aspects affecting the club and the way forward in an open and honest manner. From what we understand of Jos there will only be an issue if promises and assurances that were made to him are broken. On the flip side, I think we'll see DC show loyalty to his man, but he's hopefully learnt from the CC experience and will act a little sooner if things are clearly not working.

5 hours ago, vulva said:

Since he walked through the door we have been spoilt with fast offensive football. Millwall away in particular was a great advert for throwing caution to the wind and playing with ruthless attacking intent. 

As as example, I distinctly recall us abandoning the flat back 8 in the last 5 minutes. 

5 people don't do irony vulva. Don't try so hard next time lol 

FFS

Guest Jack the Hat
9 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Not too fussed about you recalling my posts, it's not a vanity project for me on here so my "game" is just fine thank you. Interested to know why you dont think he will get us promoted when he has done so well with half a squad though.

He's not really had half A squad for most of his time here. When we played at bumhole stain we only had 3 senior players and one of them got himself sent off.

13 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

How the fuckk did he grow a tash  at 15 

:luhukay:

A lad at my school had a beard at 15 and with his glasses too looked like Rolf Harris. One night match he was refused entry to the Kop with the rest of us who were paying the junior rate...

Don't really know why I mentioned that but I do feel strangely better now.

Edited by Treborowl

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm hopeful that Chansiri will be as patient with Jos, because truth told he's probably going to need more time than Carlos as the squad is going to need something of an overhaul and as you, with FFP  (Or whatever they are now calling it) thst is going to take a couple of windows to achieve.

If the experience with Carlos is anything to go by, it will be a large section of the fan base that will lose patience after a few difficult results, not the chairman.

The question for me is whether Chansiri's approach changes so as to be appease the vocal "Jos Out" Twitter abusers or whether he keeps his principle of loyalty and patience.

13 hours ago, vulva said:

Didn’t realize I was getting followed. Can’t recall a single one of your posts, but hello, anyway. You may need to up your game. 

Majority of the time positive tbf. Just don’t think he will get us promoted. Simple as that. 

In fairness is it 23 games 31 points so far for him? 

Agreed 62 points over a season won't get us promoted but if we can avoid the freaky injury list next season plus a full pre-season under Jos to get his ideas across no reason we can't get an extra 15ish points which will have us around the top 6.