1 hour ago, Manwithastick said:

Sure. I believe he will have a transfer budget of zero pounds. That means free transfers only. And not (thankfully!) the high earner, come to the end of a lucrative deal 

elsewhere kind. We will not be able to move forwards in terms of meaningful squad refreshment until the likes of Mathias, Abdi, Fletcher, Jones, Boyd et al are gone. 

And that won't be next season. They'll have to continue to be carried as passengers. Now add in that Hutchinson, Lee, Hooper will still be at the club but will make 

little contribution based on fitness history of the past 1-2 seasons. This will force Luhukay's hand in playing Fox, Jones, Nuhiu who aren't good enough. As it stands I see

the following as likely to be fit and good enough to be top 4:

GK - Westwood/Wildsmith/Dawson

R(W)B - nope. 2 short. We'll go with Palmer and Hunt who weren't good enough this season

CB - Lees. Pudil will be back up. Van Aken doesn't look ready. Vanancio won't be signing for a fee. We are way short here. This will be where free signing wages are spent.

L(W)B - nope. Fox not good enough. Boyd not good enough. Pudil too old. Reach wasted here. But we'll go will Fox/Boyd.

Midfield - Bannan is capable but needs to regain full fitness. Lee, Hutch - not fit enough. Jones, Pelupessy not good enough (but will be what we have). Reach.

Up front - Joao could be anything. Foristieri - a lot is on his shoulders. Hooper - never fit. Fletcher - never fit. Not getting any younger. Nuhiu - not good enough.

We are paper thin and I don't see that changing. We'll get by with largely the same squad as this year. Which logically sees us have a similar season to this year.

So you've written off just about everybody except Forestieri, It must be a happy place you live in FFS. For what it's worth I disagree with your opinions, but then again, that's why we all have different ones. Should we send someone round to remove your shoelaces while we're at it.

My view is that in our current position the best odds of promotion would sit with a tried and tested British manager.

The clear and obvious man is McCarthy. That doesn’t mean Jos isn’t capable. He clearly is. He might be the right man at the wrong time. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

So you've written off just about everybody except Forestieri, It must be a happy place you live in FFS. For what it's worth I disagree with your opinions, but then again, that's why we all have different ones. Should we send someone round to remove your shoelaces while we're at it.

You appear a very angry man. Have you tried Sanatogen?

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

My view is that in our current position the best odds of promotion would sit with a tried and tested British manager.

The clear and obvious man is McCarthy. That doesn’t mean Jos isn’t capable. He clearly is. He might be the right man at the wrong time. 

Dingle Mick, don't make me laugh. Firstly, he hates Wednesday, Secondly he will be waiting for the Leeds job and Thirdly HOOOOOOF

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

McCarthy maybe clear and obvious to you but he certainly isn't to me.

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I'm far from angry and the more you try the more I will laugh. Are you still digging that hole BTW lol

Mix it with bromide. You might perk up then. 

No idea where we'll fish next season. 

The squad is still a bit of a clusterfùck. 

FFP is looming. 

I do know this.

I'm prepared to give a man who waded into a shìtstorm and got us results with kids and reserves with no match sharpness and saved us from an almost certain sinking down the relegation plug hole a bit of time in calmer waters to rebuild the ship.

If that means a 10 to 15th places finish nxt season in the transition , no problem. 

He...and any other manager is only not good enough if we have expectations that are beyond the players.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Impossible to predict confidently what we'll do next season but on what I've seen so far we are in good hands with JL.

2 minutes ago, Broom hall owl said:

Not really concerned with our squad defiantly will be firing on all cylinders next year 

What does concern me however are the likely relegation candidates WBA Stoke and maybe Southampton

That's some good prem players 

Think the majority of them will be trying to wrangle a move away to be honest. Mind you they will still have the parachute money, as well as any money recieved for transfers, so will be strong in the buying department.

8 hours ago, Spookone said:

Starting to really look forward to next season - just hope we hold onto FF and BB.

Agreed. These are let players and offers will come in. Will we be able to resist? I doubt it tbh.

4 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

Sure. I believe he will have a transfer budget of zero pounds. That means free transfers only. And not (thankfully!) the high earner, come to the end of a lucrative deal 

elsewhere kind. We will not be able to move forwards in terms of meaningful squad refreshment until the likes of Mathias, Abdi, Fletcher, Jones, Boyd et al are gone. 

And that won't be next season. They'll have to continue to be carried as passengers. Now add in that Hutchinson, Lee, Hooper will still be at the club but will make 

little contribution based on fitness history of the past 1-2 seasons. This will force Luhukay's hand in playing Fox, Jones, Nuhiu who aren't good enough. As it stands I see

the following as likely to be fit and good enough to be top 4:

GK - Westwood/Wildsmith/Dawson

R(W)B - nope. 2 short. We'll go with Palmer and Hunt who weren't good enough this season

CB - Lees. Pudil will be back up. Van Aken doesn't look ready. Vanancio won't be signing for a fee. We are way short here. This will be where free signing wages are spent.

L(W)B - nope. Fox not good enough. Boyd not good enough. Pudil too old. Reach wasted here. But we'll go will Fox/Boyd.

Midfield - Bannan is capable but needs to regain full fitness. Lee, Hutch - not fit enough. Jones, Pelupessy not good enough (but will be what we have). Reach.

Up front - Joao could be anything. Foristieri - a lot is on his shoulders. Hooper - never fit. Fletcher - never fit. Not getting any younger. Nuhiu - not good enough.

We are paper thin and I don't see that changing. We'll get by with largely the same squad as this year. Which logically sees us have a similar season to this year.

Isn't this squad more or less the same one that got to the play-offs twice.  You know the one that was only held back by 'clueless'.