James Maddison of Norwich City

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I think Norwich have put something like at £20m price tag on him as premiership clubs are sniffing round. Will go this summer and they will make a decent profit on the £2m he cost them.

It go to show find a decent youth league one player bring him in, play him and develop him and then sell them on at a big profit.

Rather us not be a selling club 

3 hours ago, BigDaveNuihui said:

If we don't mark this lad he'll bag a first half hat-trick imo he's a quality player just what we've been missing in the team this season 

Have you thought about writing in to the club with this advice.....they might not have thought about marking him

And is it just Maddison that we need to mark?......will we be ok to leave the rest of the team alone as they'll only be capable of 2 goals each before half time if we do?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, vulva said:

Couldn’t give a rats ass. Last game of a poor season and we can’t go up or down. Just glad it’s very nearly over.

This Madison bloke could get 9, win the Eurovision Song Contest and Celebrity Bake Off for all I care. This game could get cancelled through lack of interest.

Players don’t want injuries going into the summer and Jack Hunt will get substituted after 58 minutes as a result of a calf strain, that when he actually went down and by his reaction looked initially like sepsis in his porridge gun. 

A Wednesday fan should always want Wednesday to win.

Unless losing did nothing to our season but relegated the blunts, that’s the one scenario In which I might be persuaded to think otherwise.

5 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

After 41 games this season scoring 14 goals at a rate of 1 goal every 2.9 games I bet he doesn't score 3 in half a game against us.

he has scored far more in just 1 season from midfield than barry bannan has in his entire career put together ,they humiliated us 4-1 at there place we need revenge ,but barry don't shoot cause it very very rarely ends up in the back of the net.

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

he has scored far more in just 1 season from midfield than barry bannan has in his entire career put together ,they humiliated us 4-1 at there place we need revenge ,but barry don't shoot cause it very very rarely ends up in the back of the net.

So what’s your point? Do you conclude Maddison will score a first half hat-trick as the OP eludes to? I’m quite certain he won’t.  

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

That humiliation only amounted to 3 goals by the way

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vulva said:

Couldn’t give a rats ass. Last game of a poor season and we can’t go up or down. Just glad it’s very nearly over.

This Madison bloke could get 9, win the Eurovision Song Contest and Celebrity Bake Off for all I care. This game could get cancelled through lack of interest.

Players don’t want injuries going into the summer and Jack Hunt will get substituted after 58 minutes as a result of a calf strain, that when he actually went down and by his reaction looked initially like sepsis in his porridge gun. 

lol 

10 hours ago, OasisOwl72 said:

So what’s your point? Do you conclude Maddison will score a first half hat-trick as the OP eludes to? I’m quite certain he won’t.  

my point is that we need a goal scoring midfielder if we want to challenge nearer the top of league . 

17 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Rather us not be a selling club 

It not a selling club its called running your club well there is no bottomless pit of money in our league so you have to find ways to generate fund to improve the club and the team. If you can invest in something thats cost you £200k then 18 months later you can sell it for £5m thats called using some brain sells it not called being a selling club.

And last I look a team who current are one of the big 4 in English football and current out performing most in Spurs buy players cheap make them better then sell them on for huge gain.

20 hours ago, BigDaveNuihui said:

If we don't mark this lad he'll bag a first half hat-trick imo he's a quality player just what we've been missing in the team this season 

And if they don’t mark Forestieri........ blah de blah blah blah !

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

It not a selling club its called running your club well there is no bottomless pit of money in our league so you have to find ways to generate fund to improve the club and the team. If you can invest in something thats cost you £200k then 18 months later you can sell it for £5m thats called using some brain sells it not called being a selling club.

And last I look a team who current are one of the big 4 in English football and current out performing most in Spurs buy players cheap make them better then sell them on for huge gain.

Rather keep quality players so we can benefit by getting promotion then reaping the rewards that way .

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Rather keep quality players so we can benefit by getting promotion then reaping the rewards that way .

But if you have a squad full of player - i don't know lets say you have Gary Hooper, Forestieri, Flether, Nuihu, Joao, Rhodes all quality players but cannot all play at the same time.

In your eyes someone offers us £15-20m for Hooper or Forestieri you will keep the player instead of taking the money, replacing them for less and having money to improve the overall team.

Spurs buy Bale for £12m improve him over 2 years sell him for £90m use that money to buy Alli, Dier, + other improve the whole team and become establish in the Champions league spot -  I just don't get you narrow view of buying players and not selling to improve the team. 

This is not a selling club its a smart club every club at all levels try to buy players improve them then either use then to progress or move them on at profit to enable greater investment or squad improvement.

1 minute ago, Ian_D said:

Just the type of game that the casual supporter will be chomping at the bit to pay 30 quid to watch

Or nice weather a few beers in a beer garden, and listen to the result come in on the tv maybe ?