James Maddison of Norwich City

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

But if you have a squad full of player - i don't know lets say you have Gary Hooper, Forestieri, Flether, Nuihu, Joao, Rhodes all quality players but cannot all play at the same time.

In your eyes someone offers us £15-20m for Hooper or Forestieri you will keep the player instead of taking the money, replacing them for less and having money to improve the overall team.

Spurs buy Bale for £12m improve him over 2 years sell him for £90m use that money to buy Alli, Dier, + other improve the whole team and become establish in the Champions league spot -  I just don't get you narrow view of buying players and not selling to improve the team. 

This is not a selling club its a smart club every club at all levels try to buy players improve them then either use then to progress or move them on at profit to enable greater investment or squad improvement.

I do agree with what you are saying in principal , I just don’t want us flogging off future talented players , there will always be exceptions but they don’t come along very often for us !!. 

15 hours ago, handworth52 said:

my point is that we need a goal scoring midfielder if we want to challenge nearer the top of league . 

Thanks for clearing that up. I’m sure no one else on here thought of that. Meanwhile Maddison won’t score a first half hat trick on Sunday!