Tribunal compensation for Hirsty, Clare , etc

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

As others have said the sell on clause is key.

If we can get 20% sell on clause as part of the Hirst deal it’d be great especially if he goes to Leicester (not so much if he goes to Man Utd as he’ll just stay there if he’s decent).

It’d also be good to get a sell on clause for Clare although I’m not so sure he’ll be as good as I think perhaps he thinks he will.

Hes had one good game, hes been non existent in the rest!

3 hours ago, fred mciver said:

For those of us looking for a fair package, see Exeter's reaction to losing their brilliant young gun Ethan Ampadu to Chelsea last year.

Having played a few first team games already for Blues this season, Grecians get a basic £1.3 million with add ons up to £2.5, plus 20% sell on clause.

Basically, peanuts for a now EPL player.

Via this route, we are looking at 2/3 rds of FA for our above 2 future stars.  

They are still waiting for the money.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, just visiting said:

Its not a precedent, its the norm.

Fees decided at tribunals are, 90% of the time, about the potential of the player rather than one who's already "made it", so usually they are quite low. What bumps the deal up is first team appearance and international call up clauses and healthy sell on fees.

I'd expect the Hirst deal to be low up front (£1mish) and loaded with add ons.

Yes I agree.

1 hour ago, Reallondonowl said:

how about a very large cucumber and the choice between mustard or horseradish sauce to let it slip in easier ? 

Which one works better? Asking for a friend.

6 hours ago, Jwowl said:

That’s much more than I thought we would get...

Yeah me as well, I thought a little over 500k for Clare as he started with Nike and maybe £1m or a little more for Hirst as he’s been here since start. Sell on clauses sound good as well. If Hirst went to Man U and ended up playing for England we could be due a very nice wind fall when his Dad convinced him to sign for Real Madrid

6 hours ago, fred mciver said:

What a mess. Hope Katy's reviewing all our young uns contracts.

Are you suggesting we insert a clause that compels them to sign a new contract? lol It's a mess for sure but I don't think it's the actual contract that's at issue in these two instances.

8 hours ago, room0035 said:

I know Hirst and Clare will be out of contract but i think the new club still negotiate with the existing club to see if they can try and avoid the need for tribunal.

If this is the case this is were we need to be smart and let them go for a £1-2m fee with a 15% ish sell on fee. 

Barnsley got £3m for John Stones then got £7.5m when he was sold on.

Sheff Utd got £2.5m for Maguire then got over £5m when he was sold on.

We have as a club been pretty crap so far managing the contracts getting a smart deal for the club for these two would be a good start - but if both deals go to tribunal expect to get jack as the proceeding always favour the premier league teams.

Both those players were SOLD by their clubs, in a transfer window, having contracts with their clubs.

Hirst and Clare have been free to negotiate contracts elsewhere abroad with selected clubs since January and when their contracts end in a few weeks will walk away. We can’t demand transfer fees for players with expiring contracts, outside a transfer window.

It staggers me how many people don’t get this.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Both those players were SOLD by their clubs, in a transfer window, having contracts with their clubs.

Hirst and Clare have been free to negotiate contracts elsewhere abroad with selected clubs since January and when their contracts end in a few weeks will walk away. We can’t demand transfer fees for players with expiring contracts, outside a transfer window.

It staggers me how many people don’t get this.

We do though by presenting a case to the tribunal.

That's if behind the scenes nobody is working on a deal with there new clubs.

11 hours ago, fred mciver said:

For those of us looking for a fair package, see Exeter's reaction to losing their brilliant young gun Ethan Ampadu to Chelsea last year.

Having played a few first team games already for Blues this season, Grecians get a basic £1.3 million with add ons up to £2.5, plus 20% sell on clause.

Basically, peanuts for a now EPL player.

Via this route, we are looking at 2/3 rds of FA for our above 2 future stars.  

They'll be mint off the sell on.  No flipping way the new manager at Chelsea keeps him anywhere near first team.  Will get loaned out multiple times, then sold.  Rinse lather repeat.

17 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

As I put in the Fraser Preston thread is it really worth the effort with the academy? 

I've always believed youth was the way to go but if the best players can walk away with minimal compensation what's the point in it all. 

Agreed! Weren’t Huddersfield closing their academy as well for the same reasons?

If Hirst/Clare walk which is likely, it does beg the question of whether we keep the academy open. There are only a small number of players that really make it through the academy and these could be the 2 given their performances with England under 19’s or Gillingham and us.

You really need to look at it commercially to see whether is is viable given the cost of running it against the reward at the end given your best players leave for next to nothing.

The bottom line is that through DC's unwillingness to let Hirst play for most of the season, he will have reduced his value as far as a tribunal will see it. How can you expect compensation for developing a player who has been frozen out and whose development has in fact been hindered. We would do well to still get a fee similar to what was offered last summer by Leicester.

Re Clare, he has played a number of games at L1 level resulting in Gillingham wanting him to return on loan or on a permanent deal. This plus his games at Championship level should help us if it comes to a tribunal.

Edited by Beauchief Owl