Daily star today

Harry maguire has played 30 odd games for Leicester city in the premier league this season.

Tom Lees spent nearly the entire season injured at a championship club currently 16th in the league table. 

If that doesn't go towards answering your question I won't be trying again.

7 minutes ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Please tell me that United haven't got a sell on clause for McGuire.

Of course they will have.

This is without a doubt the part of football they do so much better than us.

1 hour ago, David1867 said:

Reporting Manchester United are preparing a £50m bid for Harry Maguire. 

If hes worth £50m, what on earth is Tom Lees worth? Could we get £30/40m for him in the summer to help with FFP? 

Ha ha ha ha

58 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Simple answer no - Maguire has played a few season in the top flight, played for England and though he has no pace is English so that ups his price in the current market.

You could probably pick the same player up abroad for £10m.

But this is the virtue of if you lose youth players to make other teams, sure you have a sell on clause eg. You get £2m for Hirst then a 15% sell on, 3 years later signs for Man Utd for £50m and we get £7.5m sell on.

Agree.

Exactly what Barnsley did with John Stones

Much as it goes against the grain, I think he's improved significantly since he first left S2.  He seems to be able to confidently bring the ball out from the back and find a colleague in a constructive way from what I've seen of him.  He's a solid defender and decent in the air too. I'm not sure about £50 million but he's certainly likely to be involved in the world cup this summer.

Edited by Kevan

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

I remember some of our fanbase saying he was useless and would never make it in the Prem not that many yeas ago :ghoulguy:

I think some people on this site took dogs abuse for suggesting he would improve our team.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, Kevan said:

Much as it goes against the grain, I think he's improved significantly since he first left S2.  He seems to be able to confidently bring the ball out from the back and find a colleague in a constructive way from what I've seen of him.  He's a solid defender and decent in the air too. I'm not sure about £50 million but he's certainly likely to be involved in the world cup this summer.

Agree he has improved but he always looked like a cracking centre half to me even back then.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, George said:

I think some people on this site took dogs abuse for suggesting he would improve our team.

Yes it hurt me deeply.