Jon Newsome "There has to be an inquest into the lack of fitness"

Ok its irrelevant now but it was a serious problem, should never have happened but its getting sorted now, can't see the point in slagging off JN, he makes plenty of valid and straight to the point assessments, yes he gets frustrated at times and who hasnt recently but hese an owl and only wants the best for us.

14 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Jon newsome’s opinion is just like megsons, irrelevant 

All our opinions are irrelevant really, but without them there would be no discussion.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

16 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Sorry Jon

But you weren't the quickest or most athletic footballer I've seen. 

I didn't say I was sick of hearing of what you've got to say though. Unlike some others on here :duntmatter:

Only ex pros that were lightning quick are allowed to comment on injuries

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

What would be interesting and worth looming at is what happened 8n pre season training.

Anyone that went to the Rangers pre season friendly, a week before the season started, could see how unfit and overweight the players were. I was pretty shocked to be honest..the state of Hooper!.

Is it any wonder we picked up so many injuries before Christmas? . Its like the players did nothing throughout the summer .God knows what they looked like in Portugal.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Former Sheffield Wednesday defender Jon Newsome is calling for an inquest into the injury situation at Sheffield Wednesday after the Owls suffered a staggering number of injuries over the last couple of years in order to avoid it ever happening again

"There really has to be some inquest into the lack of fitness of the whole squad over the past two seasons. I can not believe that you can sustain so many injuries and especially muscle injuries as we have"

"If I am honest, with the sports science available this day and age there really should be no reason for it to happen"

John Tiresome who likes the sound of his own voice

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Former Sheffield Wednesday defender Jon Newsome is calling for an inquest into the injury situation at Sheffield Wednesday after the Owls suffered a staggering number of injuries over the last couple of years in order to avoid it ever happening again

"There really has to be some inquest into the lack of fitness of the whole squad over the past two seasons. I can not believe that you can sustain so many injuries and especially muscle injuries as we have"

"If I am honest, with the sports science available this day and age there really should be no reason for it to happen"

For all the people who are still CC lovers ,this is not good news.

JL has now started addressing this situation.

Nuhui especially and others are now looking fitter and sharper.

Watch Swansea next season after they have all got used to stopping off at subway on their way to training.

I think most of the time JN is spot on.

Edited by owlsdreamer

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Once again an article posted and instead of debating the points they make everyone immediately just  (tediously) slates the writer instead

Can't get over just how tedious that is

It's not like Jon (Hi Jon, if you're reading!!!)  has elaborated his points or indeed is writing for the Lancet is it?

There's not much to debate. We know there's been injuries above the normal level.

Should there be an inquest, or should there not be an inquest?

Now that our injured players are starting to come back we are winning games, he’s probably just annoyed thinking how the season could have turned out had it not been for the number of injuries sustained. I agree with him. It needs looking at.

If it turns out it was bad management ie rushing players back then so be it, but if it’s the training ground that’s too hard etc it can hopefully get rectified in some way. 

2 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

It's not like Jon (Hi Jon, if you're reading!!!)  has elaborated his points or indeed is writing for the Lancet is it?

There's not much to debate. We know there's been injuries above the normal level.

Should there be an inquest, or should there not be an inquest?

It's irrelevant to me that though

What is relevant is that any time there's an article quoted or posted instead of debating the point some people just abuse the article writer (no matter who it is) therefore stifling the debate down to a very basic abuse hurling nonsense and killing the discussion dead.

Owlstalk Shop

Not read the article but I would be interested to hear his view on why and how this happened. For me it’s quite obvious. Slow start every season and now a crippling injury list points to poor preparation for the season. 

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's irrelevant to me that though

What is relevant is that any time there's an article quoted or posted instead of debating the point some people just abuse the article writer (no matter who it is) therefore stifling the debate down to a very basic abuse hurling nonsense and killing the discussion dead.

I get that, of course, but surely you'd get more debate from something more expansive than a singular paragraph based on widely known "facts" and a vague opinion. 

The world and its wife knows we've had an injury crisis, knows that there has been issues with CC's training regime and the internal dynamics between his decision making and the medical teams overview and available resources. Notwithstanding the personnel issues during CC's tenure.

I think it's fair game to comment on Jon Newsome's inability to expand or indeed clarify a point as he simply opines based on previous week's (or month's) issues.

Imho

Edited by F. Spiksley