Jon Newsome "There has to be an inquest into the lack of fitness"

Former Sheffield Wednesday defender Jon Newsome is calling for an inquest into the injury situation at Sheffield Wednesday after the Owls suffered a staggering number of injuries over the last couple of years in order to avoid it ever happening again

"There really has to be some inquest into the lack of fitness of the whole squad over the past two seasons. I can not believe that you can sustain so many injuries and especially muscle injuries as we have"

"If I am honest, with the sports science available this day and age there really should be no reason for it to happen"

Owlstalk Shop

And bearing in mind on a Saturday he said “the injury situation has been rammed down our throat”

Theres no inquest required. It’s done, and clearly a new method has been implemented. 

Edited by bigdan2003

you'd think new regime new training methods so what would be the point . .......jos will no doubt have his own idea's on how to get players to the peak of there fitness so why  newsome thinks an inquest on to whats gone on under the previous manager and his staff is needed is hard to understand . 

15 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Sick of hearing john newsome .does anybody give a f *** what he says.

Yes i do, usually gives a good insight into the game and the club from the angle of an ex pro and Wednesday player.  As above, if you don't like it, why click on a Jon Newsome thread and comment. His column is only like reading some of the posts on here, but more informed and with inside knowledge and experience of the pro game.

• Thanks 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

12 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Sick of hearing john newsome .does anybody give a f *** what he says.

he gets paid to write a column in  a local rag and the more hard hitting and controversial he makes it the more his employers will like it .......don't think what he says is to be taken seriously as it's written to sell newspapers . 

43 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Former Sheffield Wednesday defender Jon Newsome is calling for an inquest into the injury situation at Sheffield Wednesday after the Owls suffered a staggering number of injuries over the last couple of years in order to avoid it ever happening again

"There really has to be some inquest into the lack of fitness of the whole squad over the past two seasons. I can not believe that you can sustain so many injuries and especially muscle injuries as we have"

"If I am honest, with the sports science available this day and age there really should be no reason for it to happen"

Coming from the man who ran like he was carrying bags of cement

4 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Coming from the man who ran like he was carrying bags of cement

Coming from the man who was a pro footballer for 10 years and played 50+ games for Wednesday

Just don't get this need to slag off and insult an ex pro who does a column in the local press.

Edited by Striggy
  • Thanks 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

He is right and it’s not acceptable. 

Usual pre season jolly to Portugal it does make you realise what the hell has gone off.  Players back too soon.  This season has been disastrous and recent form with some players back shows where we should be at. 

He is right and in fairness he is being positive. He is not looking to apportion blame. He wants to make sure it does not happen again.

The injury situation has been unbelievable. Not just injuries but long term injuries. So unbelievable that myself and others honestly thought it was another issue.

In fairness I think common sense applies and fitness training and conditioning has been returned to the club.