Jon Newsome "There has to be an inquest into the lack of fitness"

6 minutes ago, blakey1959 said:

no inquest or debate required , i am sure he could have found more pertinent points to raise in light of recent performances and results ...yet another supporter living in the past... move on FFs

He raised many many different points - this was just one point out of many

Owlstalk Shop

It’s called a lessons learned exercise, and it’s good business practice for many, many, well-run businesses following an unexpected event.

Jon Newsome is right in expecting mistakes to be acknowledged, and corrected formally, in order to ensure they are not repeated. 

I hate this sweep it under the carpet approach used by some companies. I’ve experienced it myself recently with a company who messed up an order I placed with them. It took 9 emails plus phone calls, over a period of two months, to sort out. When I eventually got my goods, it was though everything was now fine. No explanation of what went wrong, no apology, diddly squat. Now had three unsuccessful attempts to get the Head of Customer Services to contact me to discuss further. Must be hiding behind a cupboard.

In these circumstances, you take responsibility for mistakes having been made, apologise, and explain how things have been changed for the better. 

I love Jon’s articles. He says things as they are, and from a fans’ perspective. No trotting out of club-influenced rhetoric to keep the punters quiet.

2 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

Agree with his comments about fitness and injuries, but if we have an inquest in what shape or form will it take ,ie a panel?or a board meeting or a type of vote.

I doubt any of those TBH. An "inquest" is really just over the top nonsense IMHO.

The club is no doubt cracking on and putting right what they clearly know was wrong. They're also dong it without sensationalising the matter, as that would be a waste of energy.

New broom and all that ...

Newsome is a "journalist", it is an opinion piece that doesn't really say much other than call for an inquest into something where issues have already been identified by the club months ago now.

What Newsome should be writing about is our great results from the Easter weekend and perhaps, if he's going to publish his opinions, start to generate articles for the local press that are forward looking and share his views on what direction the club could take rather than regurgitate old hat.

IMHO

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He raised many many different points - this was just one point out of many

He didn't raise many points. IMHO.

He's made passing comment without offering anything substantial or even suggestive as to how he'd go about putting place an "inquest".

Just now, F. Spiksley said:

He didn't raise many points. IMHO.

He's made passing comment without offering anything substantial or even suggestive as to how he'd go about putting place an "inquest".

Eh?

We've had a massive glut of ridiculous injuries

Jon Newsome's saying let's look at it and make sure it doesn't happen again

Literally that simple

It's like there being mass shootings in America and someone saying "we should have an inquest into these activities to try and make sure it's not repeated"

You'd not expect to hear them then to go on to detail every part of any inquest - they're just making the general point

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

I doubt any of those TBH. An "inquest" is really just over the top nonsense IMHO.

The club is no doubt cracking on and putting right what they clearly know was wrong. They're also dong it without sensationalising the matter, as that would be a waste of energy.

New broom and all that ...

Newsome is a "journalist", it is an opinion piece that doesn't really say much other than call for an inquest into something where issues have already been identified by the club months ago now.

What Newsome should be writing about is our great results from the Easter weekend and perhaps, if he's going to publish his opinions, start to generate articles for the local press that are forward looking and share his views on what direction the club could take rather than regurgitate old hat.

IMHO

Agree with what you say but was trying to find out IF there was to be an inquest what shape or form would it be.

Those saying move on. Forget about it, it doesn’t matter.

Well if you ignore mistakes you’ve made in the past and don’t learn from them you’ll just end up repeating them. 

I feel Jos has and will continue to turn round the mess Carlos left.

Knowing what went wrong, why it went wrong, admitting there was a problem and looking how to improve is the most sensible way to get more out the squad and prevent it happening again.   

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

We've had a massive glut of ridiculous injuries

Jon Newsome's saying let's look at it and make sure it doesn't happen again

Literally that simple

It's like there being mass shootings in America and someone saying "we should have an inquest into these activities to try and make sure it's not repeated"

You'd not expect to hear them then to go on to detail every part of any inquest - they're just making the general point

I think everyone said this a few weeks back. 

The club are already dealing with the issue and have likely identified the errors and put in place the measures necessary to avoid a repeat. As in Owlsman's post, they've done the lessons learned exercises.

Jos has already implemented a different approach toward injury management and a few players have publicly stated that improvements in this aspect of the coaching have improved since CC's departure.

Edited by F. Spiksley

4 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

Agree with what you say but was trying to find out IF there was to be an inquest what shape or form would it be.

It's already underway though. Jos has been here three months. I doubt he's spent his time sat on his hands when not on the training pitch.

how do we know there's not already been an " inquest" into how carlos prepared the players and they  have kept it in house where it belongs . ?......i'm sure jos would have spoken to the various persons involved before he arrived  and i'd like to think he's put in place a plan  to remedy the situation .......

To be fair to Newsome though it would make the boring close season a bit more interesting.

An inquest and court room drama. 

Pre-Acid attack Harvey Dent 100% record prosecuting on behalf of SWFC. 

Perry Mason defending Carlos.

Over seen by Judge Rinder. 

rinf.png

• Haha 5

Hes wanting to know why we have suffered the worst injury crisis ive ever known at hillsborough and it keeps happening with hutch and fox now out.

Maybe its a good thing and positive that he raises these points so we can get to the bottom of it and address it so it never happends again.

Personally id love to know why our season was over so soon yeah!

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's not get into slating the person who made the point and stick to discussing the subject instead

Oh please.These 'expert commentators' only get slated when they belatedly write columns about  stuff we've all been discussing on here for months.

Biggs and Newsome both trotted out this kind of stuff this week instead of being positive about the team's return to winning ways.

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Jon Newsome is spot on and it seems to have upset a few on here who don't like the truth. Carvalhals lack of preparation has seen a poor season and the possibility that some players may have career threatening injuries.

bang on

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Hes wanting to know why we have suffered the worst injury crisis ive ever known at hillsborough and it keeps happening with hutch and fox now out.

Maybe its a good thing and positive that he raises these points so we can get to the bottom of it and address it so it never happends again.

Personally id love to know why our season was over so soon yeah!

Agreed

Owlstalk Shop

48 minutes ago, Hughthecone said:

Agree with his comments about fitness and injuries, but if we have an inquest in what shape or form will it take ,ie a panel?or a board meeting or a type of vote.

Any suggestions.

I have a suggestion ..

In life and football there's a saying 

"The buck stops with the manager"

Carlos Carvallal was the manager of SWFC during the period J Newsome Is commenting on 

So the buck was with him entirely ..

Only inquest that can be had is access to players medical records and any employees left from CC's tenure that will dob him and his troops  in?

Other than that wipe slate clean roll up sleeves n start again 

Which looks like Jos has already done

And considering the absolute "shatau Neuf du pap" he was left 

I think he's the manager of the year tbh.. 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST