End of season clear out

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

This depends if we get an embargo for the FFP breach this summer or in January. Let say this summer is a normal transfer window for us.

We don't resign Loovens, Pudil, Wallace, Kean.

We try and resign Clare and Hirst if not take what ever offer we get as they are under 24 we are due something and offer Nuihu a 2 year deal.

We have too many strikers and central midfielders, Buttercup goes back, we off load Jones as to often not been good enough, Hutch look spent but I would offer him a player coaching role with the emphasis on coaching if he could coach his heart and passion into the team they would be the best in the league. Winnall does not want to be here so if we can get upwards of £2.5m that will be good business. Fletcher another that has glass ankles and is always injured and he was a free so getting rid will not damage the accounts. I would look to loan Rhodes out for the first part of the season to get him play regular football and hopefully scoring goals then look to sell with his stock rising.

The problems are the never going to be players Abdi, Matias - high earners who can sit on the behind for the next 12 months and take £50k+ from the club if we could offload these on frees it would save us £2.5m a season just in salaries. 

Fox, Palmer not of the standard we need to be sold to who ever we can. 

Of the players left the likes of O'Grady, Penney, Neilson, Dawson, Preston need loaning out for the season to aid their development but we need clauses in the deals that they have to play say 25 games in the season or there is penalty clauses we have had players go out on loan in the past there has been management changes and they don't get played see Stobbs and Penney this season as examples of this.

Now recruitment

We need 2 Left backs I would look for a good younger player like James at Wigan or Williams from Blackburn I see some Radar in him and a Premiership loan such as Galloway at Everton.

We need a first choice right back if Hunt is not up to the bill and depending if Reading are relegated I would love to see us get Gunter in, the best right back in the league even with a struggling team and an improvement on what we have.

We need a central midfielder and I have been impressed with Dowell this season at Forest on loan from Everton, Maybe if Hirst goes there we could use it to get a few of their good youngsters on loan for the season.

We then need to sort the issue with right wing. For me he has been frozen out at Wolves and will be available for a reduced fee but he has shown on loan at Millwall he is very good in this league - but as soon as I say Ben Marshall people will thing its because he used to play for us. We need a right winger who provides goal opportunity and he has done this his whole career as well as scoring as well.

Then the only new recruits we get is like for like if we get a great offer for players we have.

We need to renegotiate new deals for Westwood, Joao, Reach to tie them to longer deals so if we get any offers we can up the price, not to mention we don't have the issues like we have had with Hirst.

I think we'd struggle to find any clubs who would guarantee that they would pick untried youngsters for at least 25 games ......

Loovens

Palmer

Fox

Abdi

Jones

Butterfield

Rhodes

Hutchinson

Wallace

Kean

Dawson (season long loan)

We need to be absolutely ruthless in the summer. No time for sentiment now I don’t think. Thanks for the memories, but the time is needed for another transition.

Love to give Winnall another chance too.

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I think we'd struggle to find any clubs who would guarantee that they would pick untried youngsters for at least 25 games ......

I know but we cannot keep sending players out on loan to develop them then they don't play.

Liverpool sent a guy to Cardiff in January and if he didn't play x amount of games they have to pay a penalty clause, Chelsea do it with all of their youth loans.

Our problem in the past is we expect the loaning team to pick up 100% of the players wages, we need these players developing but they won't develop sitting on the bench. Look at Penney goes out on loan to Mansfield in and around the first team and developing, Evans leaves and since has not had a chance since. We have Fox injured and other than moving Pudil or playing Reach out of position, we have no cover so for the last 6 games with nothing to play for it would be a perfect time to give him some game time but instead he sits in the Stands at Mansfield not playing any part.

We have promising young players but they need managing correctly, not just seen as a drain on resources. Look at Thorniley and Clare both had loans in league football both came back better players and broke into the first team, Thorniley will save us a few million on not needing a new center back to replace Loovens and Clare if he stays could mean Hutch not needed replacing not to mention in years to come they could be mainstays of the team or make us a few quid down the road.

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

Absolutely. Good player but pointless if he can’t play more than 20 games a season

Sadly true - where possible we have to move away from this sort of scenario.

Concerning Fletcher, he is pretty divisive but I still think he can do a job for us ..yes he is in big wages but he has proven he can score goals at this level.

If his fitness can be managed properly he could be a useful squad player next season with some key goals.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

It's been a totally wasted season. Awful. The only two players out of contract with keeping don't want to stay. Who can blame Hirst and Clare for leaving? 

Dump the rest. Let them go. 

Basically just about the entire squad needs to go. 

Thats obviously not going to happen. We have too many useless players on massive wages and long term contracts. These will never leave. 

Consequently we are saddled with loads of hopeless elderly players no one in their right minds would pay more than a few grand a week. 

The lunatic who made these contracts is to blame. 

We shall see what the owner wants us to see. 

Thats not going to much 

• Haha 2

Realistically the outs will probably be

Loovens

Wallace

Winnall

Rhodes

Hirst

Clare?

Pudil 

I cant see us moving on Abdi, Matias. The above won’t raise us much in cash and it depends if we need to, As then it becomes more difficult as the saleable players are the ones we probably need. I’d like Nuhiu to stay but that would still leave Fletcher, Joao, Hooper, Nuhiu and Forestieri. 

Some tough decisions to be made to avoid and embargo in 18 months or so. 

4 hours ago, Libertine said:

I know it’s controversial but I’d try and move Westwood on in the summer if he gets fit. Hopefully get a 2-3 million for him and get his big wage off the wage bill. We have 2 promising young keepers and plenty of decent keepers knocking around to compete with Dawson & Wildsmith.  

And dont forget we’ve got a huge problem with FFP so might be some very unpopular departures. Only players we could command a decent fee for this summer is Bannan, Forestieri, Reach, Joao & Hooper. Winnall would have been an obvious one but he’s damaged goods now after 2 cruciate injuries. Same with Kieron Lee, and Tom Lees seems to be getting fitter and improving week on week. 

Going to be a very interesting summer.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Bannan and Reach were sold to help balance the books. There'll be plenty of takers 

Trying to think of players that we would realistically be able to sell if we had to, and its probably players we would want to keep.

Reach

Joao

Hooper

Lees

Nuhui

Forestieri 

Bannan

I reckon the only player we might happily get rid of this summer is Rhodes .

3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

It's been a totally wasted season. Awful. The only two players out of contract with keeping don't want to stay. Who can blame Hirst and Clare for leaving? 

Dump the rest. Let them go. 

Basically just about the entire squad needs to go. 

Thats obviously not going to happen. We have too many useless players on massive wages and long term contracts. These will never leave. 

Consequently we are saddled with loads of hopeless elderly players no one in their right minds would pay more than a few grand a week. 

The lunatic who made these contracts is to blame. 

We shall see what the owner wants us to see. 

Thats not going to much 

think i'd be offering nuhiu a  new deal and possibly pudil who's been excellent since switching to centre back . 

8 hours ago, Nath83 said:

Probably still too early to be thinking about the end of season changes needed, but couldn’t help myself now I'm sure we're safe.

I reckon we should move out 10 players:
Palmer
Loovens
Fox
Butterfield
Jones
Wallace
Abdi
Matias
Rhodes
Fletcher

In return, I think we need to sign 6:
RB, CB, 2 x LB, a beast in CM & a creative CM.

Can't argue with that list. Spot on in my opinion 

As others have said, it isn't that easy to shift people out.  Fletcher is on £30k a week, Abdi £25k, Rhodes £35k, Mattias £12k, and so on.  Realistically only the very top Championship teams can afford those wages, and they aren't good enough to play at that level.  So we either hope they agree to go on a much lower salary, they go and we pay the difference between what they are currently on and what they get at the new club, or we pay them off to go which would be something like close to £2 million for Rhodes alone.

• Like 1

Are we anywhere near an embargo or is this rubbish.

If so we need to sort out the Winnall/Butterfield situation first.

If we want Venancio we need £2 million.

Do not renew Wallace and Loovens contracts.

If we could sell 2 and keep 1 of Rhodes Fletcher Winnall. I am really not sure.

It is by no means certain that Hooper will play again or as well as previously.

I read that Kieran Lee may never play again.

If this is true we should be careful about discarding the number of players that people are suggesting.