Sunderland - V - Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

pudil is probably not playing as like Hutchinson he cant play 3 games in 7-8 days , where is van aken though has he gone back into treatment room again with hutch? clearly must be injured as he played 2 full 90 mins for u23s in past 2-3 weeks . I was looking forward to see how van aken would play in a 3 as he brings the ball out so well it might suit him. 

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Was holding his thigh / groin continually in the second half on Friday. Clearly struggling.

I thought he has done well since xmas and earlier in season in centre defence ,but he is 32 and clearly cant handle 3 games in 7 days so not sure if he will get a new deal . 

2 hours ago, JackSWFC said:

Saw a friend the other night and they said they’ve stopped following Sunderland, because “there’s no point now they’re rubbish.”

So I hope we well and truely smash them.

Got mackems friends who had season tickets last year.  Only been to one game this year yet going today.  Wonder if their win v derby has anything to do with that decision

Edited by darklord

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, handworth52 said:

pudil is probably not playing as like Hutchinson he cant play 3 games in 7-8 days , where is van aken though has he gone back into treatment room again with hutch? clearly must be injured as he played 2 full 90 mins for u23s in past 2-3 weeks . I was looking forward to see how van aken would play in a 3 as he brings the ball out so well it might suit him. 

Could just be that he's being prepared properly for English football. The lad can play but it's clear that he was struggling after a promising start. He'll get his chance soon enough IMO.

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Or in training he’s defended like he did before he got injured.

he looks decent on the ball but so far he’s shown absolutely nothing to suggest he’s going to be able to defend adequately at this level.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Hutch isn’t worth keeping if he can’t do 2 games in a week, waste of everyone’s time, there’s no continuity 

Went over on his ankle 3 days ago. It happens. Let's wait for reports on recovery/ extent of injury. Terrific player.

3 minutes ago, Watson said:

So he's shown that he's decent on the ball?  Not a bad start.

Not really.

ive got a mate who is brilliant on the ball. Can do keepy uppies all day.  Dream of a left foot.  Problem is he can’t run, has no strength, no pace and can’t tackle his way out of a paper bag.

If you can’t defend you’ll not make it as a centre half.