Sunderland - V - Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

5 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Win and we’re safe IMO. 

They’ve just beat Derby 4-1 away; so could be starting the usual phenomena of the team that looks dead and buried and have 10 or less games to save the season; seem to beat everyone in their path, despite not winning a game for the past 30 odd games. 

Good day 2:1 Wednesday (Bannan & Nuhiu)

Average day 1:1 (Joao) 

No one wants to talk about bad days 

A few months ago anyone picking Bannan and Nuhiu as their goal scorers would have been carted off to a psychiatrist immediately.

Though choosing Bannan suggests you still might need an appointment, though the symptoms show less urgency. 

Nice one Snoots, excellent OMDT if slightly tardy.

I can't see us losing this one, Sunderland have been dog poo all season, they couldn't buy a win until they met Derby. Sadly that is why I think we might not turn up for this one.

I hope for a win but suspect we might lose. Come on lads prove me wrong.

Great OMDT as usual m'Lord. IIRC I was at the match in '69 and that goal they scored was their first one that season about 5 or six games into it. We had to come from behind but the lads played a blinder that day. Let's hope we end this poor run against them.

Hoping to come home from work to discover a resounding win.

C'MON THE OWLS !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Could be a good thing that Sunderland spanked Derby. Had they lost we would have gone there thinking we just had to turn up, it's the Wednesday way. Now we know they will not give up without a fight however they still have a dodgy home form.

Dink a couple in early doors and the crowd will turn on them, over to you Atdhe.

What has happened to Jos's policy of playing U23 lads to give them experience and bring them through? Was it just expediency, needs must, desperation? Are we going back to the Carlos policy of only playing our best players week in and week out.

Will Jos take the opportunity of playing a dreadful Sunderland team and our being relatively safe from relegation to bring in a couple of youngsters? Will he play our best team in a desperate quest for more points even though they don't really mean much.

Your guess is as good as mine but I'd like a couple of youngsters to get a run out today.

Just now, prowl said:

What has happened to Jos's policy of playing U23 lads to give them experience and bring them through? Was it just expediency, needs must, desperation? Are we going back to the Carlos policy of only playing our best players week in and week out.

Will Jos take the opportunity of playing a dreadful Sunderland team and our being relatively safe from relegation to bring in a couple of youngsters? Will he play our best team in a desperate quest for more points even though they don't really mean much.

Your guess is as good as mine but I'd like a couple of youngsters to get a run out today.

They were anything but dreadful at Derby. I saw the game on Sky.  They scored 4 and hit the woodwork twice.  Six would not have flattered them.

Play kids or mess about and Owlstalk will be in post match meltdown again. 

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Great OMDT. Nice to win and banish thoughts of Relegation. If we do win this then we need to start playing Rhodes in the remaining matches. Irrespective of whether he moves on in the summer or not, think we need to give him a final chance to gain a bit of confidence and boost his stock.

Sorry to put a negative on the match thread....but fk me, he's had enough chances and done fk all. You can't keep out people who have shown so much more all round, and besides, I think we deserve a few goals after what we have sat through. Anyway, today, more of the same, onwards and upwards. UTO.

Funny to look back to the home game in August. Many will have assumed - certainly I did - that Sunderland would be top six, maybe top two. We gifted them a soft early goal. But the second half performance was pretty good. I left thinking that we'd shown some quality against decent level opposition.

Not so.

See us losing today - certainly at 8/5ish Sunderland are good value. The Derby game showed they have lots of ability there is they can harness. 

Spent my 21st in 1968 driving from Sheffield to the Sunderland v Owls match. It started to snow about 40 miles from the ground and continued intermittently until I finally got home about 9pm after a sloooowww, tiring drive.  Went straight to bed. Anyone who drives up today in snowy conditions needs sectioning :-) .

Don't remember much about the match - finished 0-0. The only 'highlight' I recall was that one Owls player - ? Sinclair - sidefooted the ball over the bar from about 4 feet.

Think that it's  likely to be a similar result today. Nowt much changes in 49 + years.

Quality omdt. This could be a great day for us. A 3rd win on the trot. Pigs will lose & other teams will consolidate their play off spots.

The battle of the ex stripey pyjama teams today then. Hopefully they think they're good now, cos they're not. But we are.

Warrior to get another brace. He likes this climate. Something in his genes.

Hopefully their keeper was watching Larry Grayson last night & had a few too many sweet sherrys. :ph34r:

3-1 to us & damn the expense.

UTO

• Like 1