Sunderland - V - Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

59 minutes ago, prowl said:

What has happened to Jos's policy of playing U23 lads to give them experience and bring them through? Was it just expediency, needs must, desperation? Are we going back to the Carlos policy of only playing our best players week in and week out.

Will Jos take the opportunity of playing a dreadful Sunderland team and our being relatively safe from relegation to bring in a couple of youngsters? Will he play our best team in a desperate quest for more points even though they don't really mean much.

Your guess is as good as mine but I'd like a couple of youngsters to get a run out today.

Were not mathmatically safe yet tho are we? Maybe when we are, a couple of young uns might make an appearance

we need a good start,get in their faces and give the problems,get their fans on the players backs and that will be key to victory.

they'll be up for it after a decent show against derby.

Joao against oshea will be decent viewing lol

1 hour ago, prowl said:

What has happened to Jos's policy of playing U23 lads to give them experience and bring them through? Was it just expediency, needs must, desperation? Are we going back to the Carlos policy of only playing our best players week in and week out.

Will Jos take the opportunity of playing a dreadful Sunderland team and our being relatively safe from relegation to bring in a couple of youngsters? Will he play our best team in a desperate quest for more points even though they don't really mean much.

Your guess is as good as mine but I'd like a couple of youngsters to get a run out today.

What's happened to Thorniley? Is he still injured? 

30 minutes ago, JackSWFC said:

Saw a friend the other night and they said they’ve stopped following Sunderland, because “there’s no point now they’re rubbish.”

So I hope we well and truely smash them.

Bet he was happily following them on good Friday when they put 4 past derby 

With relegation fears gone I think there will be changes today. I hope we don't make too many changes  as its difficult to asses performance when there are wholesale changes.

Unless Jos has totally given up on him I can see Rhodes starting to try to get him firing.

Would like to see Van Aken given a go at the problem left full back/wing position.

Wouldn't throw FF in from the start, keep him up our sleeve.

Catermole v Hutchinson will be interesting. If either one of those doesn’t get a card I’ll be shocked. 

If they had lost at Derby as expected I think that would have been them done but they got a shock win and now there’s a glimmer for them. 

A dangerous game for us. I’d be disappointed if we lost as they are really poor and we have some of our better players back now. A draw would be ok. It nudges us closer to safety but in all fairness we should be winning games like this. UTO 

17 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Catermole v Hutchinson will be interesting. If either one of those doesn’t get a card I’ll be shocked. 

If they had lost at Derby as expected I think that would have been them done but they got a shock win and now there’s a glimmer for them. 

A dangerous game for us. I’d be disappointed if we lost as they are really poor and we have some of our better players back now. A draw would be ok. It nudges us closer to safety but in all fairness we should be winning games like this. UTO 

Hutch on bench I suspect

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

a few changes i reckon today.

Can see Jones, Buttercup, Rhodes and Palmer starting.

I fear a 1-0 loss.

Will lose today, Wednesday way, Palmer back in , Probably no Hutch, Might rest Bannan. Sunderlands last chance watch us mess it up.