Nuhiu needs a contract NOW!!!

1 minute ago, JoshTheOwl said:

I can’t believe after 2 good games, you all think be deserves a new contract. What about the other games where he’s been absolutely useless? And I’d say the games he’s been useless in far outweigh his good games 

Been our best player for a lot longer then two games now.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
Just now, Bukta said:

Been our best player for a lot longer then two games now.

Yes and to be honest if he continues like this Reach will be looking over his shoulder for player of the season.

I can’t fault either Nuhiu or Joao, the way they’ve stepped up since Lukuhay became manager. Whether they’re worth longer stays at the club that’s a matter of opinion? That said I think Joao in particular has got something about him where he could become some player. As for Nuhiu I think he needs to go somewhere where he will be first choice and I don’t see him being that here?

I'm always wary when players hit form in the last few months of their contract. I've always liked Nuhiu but still it's a concern. I think a sensible contract is what should be offered, two or three years max and a wage with goal bonuses.

A big difference is that in the past it's been a case of aim for Nuhiu,s head. The problem being he is not that good in the air.

Hes really good on the deck for a bloke his size, also he has always been very good at bringing the ball under control and linking play. He is also now using his large frame to protect the ball better.

I hope we give him a new contract and he stays but think his agent will be touting around the global football leagues and he will move on.

Look at this from our managers point of view. Going on his time here three out of the six strikers will be injured. Fletcher, FF and Hooper can not stay fit long enough to be of much use to him and become a drain on finances and options (don't get me wrong I love Hooper and FF but they need to play more games). So that leaves us with Joao, Nuhiu and Rhodes. Joao and Nuhiu have stepped up big time and are generally fit for selection but Rhodes has for whatever reason been terrible. So that's two out of six who we can rely on, and we are on about letting one of those two leave on a free! I'd be amazed if Jos wanted to let Nuhiu leave on a free, I'd have thought he'd be trying his best to sign him up to a longer deal. 

Edited by Walt

1 hour ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Playing for a contract 

will go back to being his useless self if he gets a deal 

perfect opportunity to get rid while we can. 

What a shame you don't have the humility to shift from your prejudiced bitterness. But still; it's your loss, not ours.

6 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

What a shame you don't have the humility to shift from your prejudiced bitterness. But still; it's your loss, not ours.

Bitterness? 

I just dont think he’s good enough if we want to kick on next year. Perfect opportunity to start afresh. 

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Depends if jos is here for next season as nothing said yet he is.

Fernando needed the time out for the operation 

I'd offer nuhiu a season extension but that's it.but like a poster said his agent will be already touting him across the league's 

You can only deal with the here and nows. The manager is here right now and he knows which players have done well for him, and who he can rely on. Letting Nuhiu leave on a free must seem barmy to Jos. 

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Maybe. Yes he has stepped up the last few weeks as does lots of players when contract is about to end.

Are you suggesting that Nuhiu hasn't been giving his all until recently? Even some of his bigger critics would confess he always grafts. 

1 hour ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Playing for a contract 

will go back to being his useless self if he gets a deal 

perfect opportunity to get rid while we can. 

I like Nuhiu can't we just get rid of you instead? 

before the Mod squad come along and say "post not poster" 

it was clearly a joke...

who would pay a fee for josh? 

:stuwinky:

Arguably our player of the season. 

Came into an injury ravaged side and, along with Reach and Joao, carried some young players through a horrible, horrible winter. 

He has earned a contract and pay raise, as well as some f***ing appreciation from people too blinkered to admit game time + belief = an effective striker. 

• Thanks 1