Nuhiu needs a contract NOW!!!

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Sometimes he seems not really bothered 

Can't say I've ever seen that; quite the opposite in fact. That he'd been such a peripheral figure for so long and still maintained that attitude is a credit to him and in stark contrast to many modern footballers.

Two things need explaining to Owls fans.

The first is a close look at the video of Forestieri's goal tally. In many you will find the presence of Nuhiu, either providing the flick on for FF, or tying up two or more defenders. This is not to demeam any of FF's efforts. Simply to explain Nuhiu's sense of being in the right place at the right time.

The second is that his International selectors have obvious faith in him., more so than many of his club fans.

4 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Two things need explaining to Owls fans.

The first is a close look at the video of Forestieri's goal tally. In many you will find the presence of Nuhiu, either providing the flick on for FF, or tying up two or more defenders. This is not to demeam any of FF's efforts. Simply to explain Nuhiu's sense of being in the right place at the right time.

The second is that his International selectors have obvious faith in him., more so than many of his club fans.

Unfortunately, it seems that strikers are very often judged on goals output alone, as if we're no more sophisticated than ten year olds in the school playground. What that 'logic' effectively means is that you don't even have to watch them to 'know' how good or bad they might be. Plenty have been overrated because of a good scoring run and vice versa.

It's obviously beneficial to have prolific forwards, but it's not an essential prerequisite. For example, when Swansea were promoted to the Premier League a few years ago, their top scoring striker in the league had just 9 goals. When we had David Hirst and Dalian Atkinson getting 16 and 15 respectively, we were relegated.

44 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Even some of his bigger critics would confess he always grafts. 

Some won't admit that even. 

Chap today in front of me did nothing but moan about him today.

At one point near the end of the forst half one of our players arrowed a ball into his face from about 15 yards away while he was on his own and being pulled down by two defenders and the chap still moaned "Bloody rubbish lay off".

Lay off?

It hit him in the face at mach 3 with no support around him.

What was he to do I wondered.  Flick his tongue out and control the ball with that! 

I looked for the goon to see his reaction at Nuhius second goal but he'd long  gone. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

I can’t believe after 2 good games, you all think be deserves a new contract. What about the other games where he’s been absolutely useless? And I’d say the games he’s been useless in far outweigh his good games 

I can't believe you think he's only had 2 good games.

According to Biggsie , Dave will be getting a new contract 

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Jos hinting that he will be here next season...

A good friend of mine asking old Alan and he clearly thinks or knows he will be here next season!

IMG-20180330-WA0013.jpg

Strange one.

current form dictates he has to be offered one. Length of contract and wages may be awkward. 

Problem for me is he’s been so inconsistent.

I used to really stick up for him as could see some ability there. What he offered, but wasn’t clinical enough.

Then I criticised him as for too long he was underperforming. Didn’t look fit or sharp when selected. Wasn’t doing the basics right. Looked like a league one player. 

Now all of a sudden under Jos he looks like a world beater. If Jos is staying I assume he will be in his plans and rightfully so. 

All I want is some consistency with him. Could prove to be a great asset in the future, rather than a squad filler or what seems like a last option.

15 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Yes for the last 2 months when his contracts up. 

Where was all this in the previous years? 

Glad he's doing well now, but why hasn't he done all this before now? 

I think he's been like this since he's been with us. Just at the minute he's scoring goals. Still performs well most games and puts the effort in

13 hours ago, Walt said:

You can only deal with the here and nows. The manager is here right now and he knows which players have done well for him, and who he can rely on. Letting Nuhiu leave on a free must seem barmy to Jos. 

Exactly, also factor in the cost of recruiting a new forward (even free transfers can cost a significant amount of money to recruit - agents fees, etc) and the risk that any new signing won’t perform as expected (e.g. Rhodes) or be constantly injured (e.g. Abdi And Matias) the case for giving Nuhiu a new contract is compelling particularly now when FFFP is looming. 

12 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Unfortunately, it seems that strikers are very often judged on goals output alone, as if we're no more sophisticated than ten year olds in the school playground. What that 'logic' effectively means is that you don't even have to watch them to 'know' how good or bad they might be. Plenty have been overrated because of a good scoring run and vice versa.

It's obviously beneficial to have prolific forwards, but it's not an essential prerequisite. For example, when Swansea were promoted to the Premier League a few years ago, their top scoring striker in the league had just 9 goals. When we had David Hirst and Dalian Atkinson getting 16 and 15 respectively, we were relegated.

Exactly, I hate to play the “some fans don’t understand football” card but it quite obvious that some of ours don’t. Nuhiu contributes so much more than goals. Not to deliberately single out Rhodes but I would much rather have Nuhiu in the squad scoring 5-10 a season than Rhodes scoring a similar amount because I know that Nuhiu will have contributed a great deal more than those goals.