Nuhiu needs a contract NOW!!!

21 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

With how he's been playing it might be out of Wednesday's hands if he stays. 

He loves the club, he won't go anywhere if offered a contract I am pretty confident in that. Be stupid now not to give him one and I would do it next week. Low wages compared to most others as well.

Manger seem to get on well with him and playing to his strength the quote after game "Atdhe knows I have great respect for him, he's and important player for us, he has exploded in the last three months" think that cos manger got faith in him.

35 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Free-scoring, hardworking, unselfish, creative, unstoppable, immovable, skillful, irresistible, infectious, fvccking giant of a man!  

Yes for the last 2 months when his contracts up. 

Where was all this in the previous years? 

Glad he's doing well now, but why hasn't he done all this before now? 

2 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Yes for the last 2 months when his contracts up. 

Where was all this in the previous years? 

Glad he's doing well now, but why hasn't he done all this before now? 

4 minutes ago, punkyhorrors said:

Manger seem to get on well with him and playing to his strength the quote after game "Atdhe knows I have great respect for him, he's and important player for us, he has exploded in the last three months" think that cos manger got faith in him.

Gotta agree with punky on this one

The club shouldn't over react to a few good performances with silly big contracts, look at the trouble its caused us, big dave been brill this season and played a part in the last few so yes he does deseve a new contract but lets not be chucking silly money around.

15 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

He loves the club, he won't go anywhere if offered a contract I am pretty confident in that. Be stupid now not to give him one and I would do it next week. Low wages compared to most others as well.

Those low wages might be increasing game by game and goal by goal. If I was in his shoes I wouldn't accept a 1 year extension. He will have other clubs considering him as an option so we might have to re-assess the terms of any deal. 

20 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Compare him to Fletcher in terms of reliability, wages he's on, age, and overall contribution and it's a no brainier. I rate Fletcher but for me I'd get rid and keep Nuhiu if at all possible.

Me too mate. Nuhiu hardly ever gets injured ,so is always available 

21 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I'd give him another year to stay with the squad 

When Hooper etc are back they will probably be in the 11

IF they get back! Hoopers always had fitness/injury issues and this week 's news is worrying.

You cannot say anything about the form Nuhiu is in right now, but we have had players who perform way above the norm for them when they are playing for a contract.

I don't actually think that's the case with Nuhiu because well, for once he's getting starts not people saying he should be an impact sub.    

I wouldn't be worried if he went on a free, but neither would I be concerned if he got a 3 year contract on the back of his form this season once given a chance and grasping it with all of his beard.

Fully agree with the OP.  

Honestly I would give Nuhiu a new three year contract.  

He has more than proven his worth over the years and for a fraction of the cost.  

It's time we repay that contribution.  

Always fully committed and rarely gets injured.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

You cannot say anything about the form Nuhiu is in right now, but we have had players who perform way above the norm for them when they are playing for a contract.

I don't actually think that's the case with Nuhiu because well, for once he's getting starts not people saying he should be an impact sub.    

I wouldn't be worried if he went on a free, but neither would I be concerned if he got a 3 year contract on the back of his form this season once given a chance and grasping it with all of his beard.

JJ did it every season. lol

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Fully agree with the OP.  

Honestly I would give Nuhiu a new three year contract.  

He has more than proven his worth over the years and for a fraction of the cost.  

It's time we repay that contribution.  

Always fully committed and rarely gets injured.  

Agree, and hes just reaching the peak of his career imo

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Hopefully it's not too bad

Always been a fan of Rhodes but I would sacrifice him now in the summer and bring another striker in 

For some reason it's not worked here for him sadly 

Give nuhiu a season extension and bring 1/2 strikers in depending on Hoopers fitness 

Not so sure about getting rid of Rhodes just yet. Hooper and Fletcher both have question marks against their futures due to long term injuries and in Fletcher's case age, so we could end up short on firepower. On the other hand if by some miracle Hirst signed a contract (highly unlikely I know) that might prove a game changer.

It's about time our owner grew a pair, put his ego to one side and allowed Jos to try the young lad out in the first team and if he can step up swallow his pride and give him a decent contract.

9 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Zlatan,what a goal that third was.

We may struggle to keep after his displays of late and that cracker today

He loves it here, so with a decent contract to see him through the next few years I think he'd stay.