The signing suggestions for next season thread

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Our priority remains 

1/ a commanding , powerful centre half

2/ a box to box midfield beast 

3/ a couple of pacy, direct wingers. 

We need to inject some power and pace into the team .

We need a load of BFGs. I assume Jos will bring in several and they'll be relatively cheap.

A few ideas, some on the cheaper side but still improvements on those I'd like to see shipped out. Pearson signed a new contract this year so probably too difficult a target. Likewise Paterson and Brownhill.

Nathan Byrne-RB         Wigan

Gunter-RB                     Reading

Knudsen-LB                  Ipswich

Dean-CB                        Brum

Venancio -CB                 Us    

Brownhill-MF                Brizzle

Pearson-MF                   Preston

Skalak-WR                    Brighton

Paterson-FW                 Brizzle

Swift-MF                        Reading

Maguire-FW                  Preston

Out

Wallace

Loovens

Rhodes

Winnall

Butterfield

Jones

Fox

Palmer

Matias

Stobbs

Abdi

1. New LB unless Reach is going to play there.

2. New RW with pace and trickery (assume FF or Reach on the left).

3. New CM since this is the weakest spot in the team.

Who the players available are that we can get, that's for someone else to suggest.

Of the above, CM we need most as I don't know how Lee will return after so long out, Abdi is a crock, Jones is a waste of space, Hutch we can't rely on, and Bannan will fill one of the two spots unless he is sold. 

RM we need to balance our attack, since unless we play Joao on the right we are too predictable with Boyd, Palmer etc. 

2 hours ago, spike1867 said:

A few ideas, some on the cheaper side but still improvements on those I'd like to see shipped out. Pearson signed a new contract this year so probably too difficult a target. Likewise Paterson and Brownhill.

Nathan Byrne-RB         Wigan

Gunter-RB                     Reading

Knudsen-LB                  Ipswich

Dean-CB                        Brum

Venancio -CB                 Us    

Brownhill-MF                Brizzle

Pearson-MF                   Preston

Skalak-WR                    Brighton

Paterson-FW                 Brizzle

Swift-MF                        Reading

Maguire-FW                  Preston

Out

Wallace

Loovens

Rhodes

Winnall

Butterfield

Jones

Fox

Palmer

Matias

Stobbs

Abdi

Good shouts there, but I doubt we could get Maguire. They sold Hugill for £10M and apparently theyd be looking for around that for Maguire too. Pearson would cost a fortune too ( as you acknowledged ). Swift and Skalak are decent shouts tbf. Skalak would probably be cheap too.

8 hours ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

According to Transfermarkt uk, these 3 cost Brentford a combined total of just over £2m (am aware Jota isn't at Brentford now).

Add to that list the names of Hogan, Judge, Tarkowski, Watkins etc.. and I'd be looking to make their top scouts the first names on my shopping list if at all possible.

I’m envious of the approaches of Brentford and even Barnsley to a degree. They have different objectives, ambitions and expectations allowing them to buy raw potential and play them! 

Unfortunately teams tasked with promorions very rarely have that opportunity to play developing players regardless of mishaps or lapses. However if we are to cut our cloth more in the next season or two I’m excited to see if we can ship some overpaid / expensive ‘proven’ players and take a chance on some of our own youth, also trying to attract some of the better prospects to us as well. 

I believe if we had a better track record of giving kids a go, we’d not be facing Hirst departure and also many of our U23 would have 20+ first team appearances under their belts. 

Heres hoping! 

All the players i would really like Ryan Woods, Anthony Knockaert, Connor Wickham etc will all be out of our reach because of 2 years worth of random and poor recruitment.

The only way i can see us getting ANY money to spend is if there are a couple of high profile departures.

So...thinking along the cut price route......

Left back

Jack Robinson is out of contract at QPR this summer, should have signed Armand Traore on a free from Forest before Colin snapped him up.

Right back

James Bree on loan from Villa ?, try to snatch Maxime Colin if Brum go down, Andy Yiadom available on a free i think.

Centre back

Cut price option....Sonny Bradley at Plymouth ?

Midfield

Linked with Clint Leemans in January , out of contract in summer might be back in for him ?

To be honest, I’d be happy to tie down 2 key youngsters, Hirst and Clare, and we could do the rest with loans

Five players is perhaps all we need, and we could get far better quality on loan, certainly than we could afford to buy We have a large squad, and the likelihood is, that we won’t be able to offload many, so loans should be the way forward Most Premier League youngsters have pace and power, it’s a minimum requirement at that level To buy such a promising player might cost you £8-£10 million, so it makes sense to borrow them We can buy them later, if we go up It’s imperative though, that we keep our best youngsters That has to be our first priority

Edited by gurujuan

12 hours ago, torryowl said:

a couple of freebies probably german  or dutch if jos is still here  and maybe a loan or two from the prem is what i'm expecting  

I'd go along with that.

Unless we seil the likes of FF, Bannan, Hooper we will not have any where near the amount of money the posters suggests.

7 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I'd go along with that.

Unless we seil the likes of FF, Bannan, Hooper we will not have any where near the amount of money the posters suggests.

I did say that the amount of money is unlikely and we’d likely have to sell players. I know the budget most likely won’t be near that.