The signing suggestions for next season thread

Before we start, I’ll assume that we have a relatively sized budget  which is helped by the sale of a few key players. Obviously, this may not be the case- but where is the fun otherwise? Again, we wouldn’t be signing all of these just a suggestion of some we could pick from with a budget. 

So to contradict everything I’ve just stated my first suggestion would be a free transfer- Lee Gregory. Sheffield lad and he would surely relish the chance to come back here.

Florian Josefzoon- expected cost £3M. Absolutely lightning on the wing for Brentford and out of contract next season. Brentford may look to get a few rather than lose him for nothing.

Marlon Pack- expected cost £3M. Obviously our preferred candidate for this role would be Ben Pearson but I think he is now out of our price range. This signing too might be slightly unrealistic as the player might want to stay at Bristol City, he might like the area. But a move to Sheffield Wednesday would be a move to a bigger club and a club with arguably greater chance of promotion if Bristol city can’t go up this year. 

Bradley Dack- expected cost £3m. Attacking midfielder from Blackburn who over the past few seasons has produced consistently good numbers in terms of goals and assists. May be the goal scoring midfielder we have lacked.

Moses Odubajo- Expected cost Free. Pacy right back who can also play winger, perfect for 3-5-2 if Jos is still here too. Would add some much needed pace and versatility, definitely should be interested.

Tammy Abraham- expected cost free (loan). Probably unrealistic but having failed at Swansea Chelsea may like him to join a big club in the championship chasing promotion (hopefully) we would fit the bill.

John Egan expected cost £2M. Like Josefzoon out of contract next season and Brentford may want to cut losses, need another centre half and he would hopefully solve the issue.

Tom Barkhuizen- expected cost £5M. Young and up and coming right winger at Preston, absolutely rapid and scored 8 goals this season which is a good return for a winger. Would likely command quite a large fee, maybe in excess of the one I mentioned so this move should only be considered  if we ended up selling a few big hitters ( Fessi, Hooper, Lees etc - which I hope we don’t)  in an attempt to revamp the squad.

Jota - expected cost £5M. Very talented this lad and torn us to shreds on a few occasions, only likely to happen if Brum go down though. 

Feel free to crucify me. 

Edited by lancashireowl
  • Haha 1

Our priority remains 

1/ a commanding , powerful centre half

2/ a box to box midfield beast 

3/ a couple of pacy, direct wingers. 

We need to inject some power and pace into the team .

1 hour ago, lancashireowl said:

Before we start, I’ll assume that we have a relatively sized budget  which is helped by the sale of a few key players. Obviously, this may not be the case- but where is the fun otherwise? Again, we wouldn’t be signing all of these just a suggestion of some we could pick from with a budget. 

So to contradict everything I’ve just stated my first suggestion would be a free transfer- Lee Gregory. Sheffield lad and he would surely relish the chance to come back here.

Florian Josefzoon- expected cost £3M. Absolutely lightning on the wing for Brentford and out of contract next season. Brentford may look to get a few rather than lose him for nothing.

Marlon Pack- expected cost £3M. Obviously our preferred candidate for this role would be Ben Pearson but I think he is now out of our price range. This signing too might be slightly unrealistic as the player might want to stay at Bristol City, he might like the area. But a move to Sheffield Wednesday would be a move to a bigger club and a club with arguably greater chance of promotion if Bristol city can’t go up this year. 

Bradley Dack- expected cost £3m. Attacking midfielder from Blackburn who over the past few seasons has produced consistently good numbers in terms of goals and assists. May be the goal scoring midfielder we have lacked.

Moses Odubajo- Expected cost Free. Pacy right back who can also play winger, perfect for 3-5-2 if Jos is still here too. Would add some much needed pace and versatility, definitely should be interested.

Tammy Abraham- expected cost free (loan). Probably unrealistic but having failed at Swansea Chelsea may like him to join a big club in the championship chasing promotion (hopefully) we would fit the bill.

John Egan expected cost £2M. Like Josefzoon out of contract next season and Brentford may want to cut losses, need another centre half and he would hopefully solve the issue.

Tom Barkhuizen- expected cost £5M. Young and up and coming right winger at Preston, absolutely rapid and scored 8 goals this season which is a good return for a winger. Would likely command quite a large fee, maybe in excess of the one I mentioned so this move should only be considered  if we ended up selling a few big hitters ( Fessi, Hooper, Lees etc - which I hope we don’t)  in an attempt to revamp the squad.

Jota - expected cost £5M. Very talented this lad and torn us to shreds on a few occasions, only likely to happen if Brum go down though. 

Feel free to crucify me. 

Out of them only Jota.

But don’t think we’ll have any kind of money available. Think it will be loans and cheaper foreign players.

If we had money we’d need a left wing back center half and Ben Pearson. Also a loan for Connor Wickham wouldn’t go a miss but we won’t be able to afford I’m afraid. It’s all about getting plenty out for good fees as we can.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

a couple of freebies probably german  or dutch if jos is still here  and maybe a loan or two from the prem is what i'm expecting  

Me too mate. Cant see us spending much this summer . Sales more likely. 

1 hour ago, lancashireowl said:

Florian Josefzoon- expected cost £3M. 

John Egan expected cost £2M. 

Jota - expected cost £5M.

According to Transfermarkt uk, these 3 cost Brentford a combined total of just over £2m (am aware Jota isn't at Brentford now).

Add to that list the names of Hogan, Judge, Tarkowski, Watkins etc.. and I'd be looking to make their top scouts the first names on my shopping list if at all possible.

Good thread, some decent names mentioned.

Jos may have a clear plan of action regarding the transfer window though, I'm also guessing, if we are paying fee's for players....they would be extremely comfortable in a 5-3-2 already.

Sure he will be lowering the age of the squad and if anyone wasn't aware Joost Van Aken actually played LWB at the U23 game recently.

Interesting move.

• Like 1