The signing suggestions for next season thread

Guest wilyfox

If Huddersfield stay up, I'd try for Malone and Hefele. If they come down, they'll need them. Other positions probably depend on whom we can offload. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
14 hours ago, lancashireowl said:

Before we start, I’ll assume that we have a relatively sized budget  which is helped by the sale of a few key players. Obviously, this may not be the case- but where is the fun otherwise? Again, we wouldn’t be signing all of these just a suggestion of some we could pick from with a budget. 

So to contradict everything I’ve just stated my first suggestion would be a free transfer- Lee Gregory. Sheffield lad and he would surely relish the chance to come back here.

Florian Josefzoon- expected cost £3M. Absolutely lightning on the wing for Brentford and out of contract next season. Brentford may look to get a few rather than lose him for nothing.

Marlon Pack- expected cost £3M. Obviously our preferred candidate for this role would be Ben Pearson but I think he is now out of our price range. This signing too might be slightly unrealistic as the player might want to stay at Bristol City, he might like the area. But a move to Sheffield Wednesday would be a move to a bigger club and a club with arguably greater chance of promotion if Bristol city can’t go up this year. 

Bradley Dack- expected cost £3m. Attacking midfielder from Blackburn who over the past few seasons has produced consistently good numbers in terms of goals and assists. May be the goal scoring midfielder we have lacked.

Moses Odubajo- Expected cost Free. Pacy right back who can also play winger, perfect for 3-5-2 if Jos is still here too. Would add some much needed pace and versatility, definitely should be interested.

Tammy Abraham- expected cost free (loan). Probably unrealistic but having failed at Swansea Chelsea may like him to join a big club in the championship chasing promotion (hopefully) we would fit the bill.

John Egan expected cost £2M. Like Josefzoon out of contract next season and Brentford may want to cut losses, need another centre half and he would hopefully solve the issue.

Tom Barkhuizen- expected cost £5M. Young and up and coming right winger at Preston, absolutely rapid and scored 8 goals this season which is a good return for a winger. Would likely command quite a large fee, maybe in excess of the one I mentioned so this move should only be considered  if we ended up selling a few big hitters ( Fessi, Hooper, Lees etc - which I hope we don’t)  in an attempt to revamp the squad.

Jota - expected cost £5M. Very talented this lad and torn us to shreds on a few occasions, only likely to happen if Brum go down though. 

Feel free to crucify me. 

Only read that first sentence and the rest just seemed a bit like 'Blah'...

In the event we arent embargoed for our mismanagement of budget - I'd hope we can bring our spending under control by not investing in loads of crap on stupid wages

We need to make good loan signings, 3/4 from good premier sides. Bring power ,pace, energy to existing squad. Left back , central mid , wide right. Any money we have should go on a nasty German c/h mid twenties that can develop further , like schienlder that hudds signed. 

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Only read that first sentence and the rest just seemed a bit like 'Blah'...

In the event we arent embargoed for our mismanagement of budget - I'd hope we can bring our spending under control by not investing in loads of crap on stupid wages

Try reading the next couple of lines after that......

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 minutes ago, lancashireowl said:

Try reading the next couple of lines after that......

THEY'RE TOO SMALL.... :sad:

Assuming that Loovens is released and Venancio is not signed for 2.6 million.Could do worse than re-sign Mark Beevers, aged 28, and unlikely to be on prohibitive wages at Bolton. Lee Gregory a good shout especially if we are prepared to let Winnall go to Derby.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Odubajo is worth a look if he’s fit ...  IF been a very big factor

The Odubajo of a couple of seasons would be a superb signing (not that we'd get him, he'd be off to the PL)

The Odubajo who hasn't actually played a game due to injury since the 2016 play off final - unwise. Apparently he returned to training this month and could be playing again soon so maybe worth keeping an eye on, would be a risky signing though even on a free as being out for so long means there's no guarantee that he'll ever be as good as he was before even if he regains full fitness.

Odubajo if he is fit would be well worth alookan excellent full back but has missed alllast season and this season with cruciate knee ligament problem.

Joseftzoon type of player we need but would be expensive.

Pack definitely a no from me.

Others do not have strong view on.

Think we will get some on loan from Germany or we may bring in several from Shrewsbury depends on what happens.

Think we need 6 signings personally. 

RWB- Quality wing back with a good cross

LWB- Competition for Reach

CB- A big strong defender to finally partner lees

CM- A strong box to box midfielder 

Winger- Pacey tricky winger to give us a different option

CF- Pacey forward that likes to run in behind. 

Possibilities; 

RWB- Jonjo Kenny (loan) Walker-Peter (loan) Yiodam (free), Billy Jones (free)

LWB- Matt Target (loan),

CB- Hefele, Egan, Dean, 

CM- Irvine, Pack (out of contract?), Tettey (out of contract?), 

Winger- Onomah (Loan) Kent (Loan) Jordan Graham (loan)

CF - McBurnie (Loan) Abraham (Loan)

New CB- keep venancio and maybe another in, 

NEW RB- tommy smith at hudds? 

New LB- Greg Cunningham would be a great signing 

New RM- sako is out of contract at palace in the summer? Would tick all the box’s we need out wide 

out:

kean

palmer

pudil

loovens

wallace

abdi 

butterfield 

Rhodes (loan) 

winnall 

stobbs (loan) 

nuhiu- depending on how/if Fletcher recovers 

Gregory is a died-in-the-wool Blunt, he rejected us when he was at Halifax a few years ago - won't happen.

Would pick Odubajo and Jota out as the best names in there, 

Positions to focus on are a strong box-to-box midfielder, a left back, a right back to provide some proper competition for Hunt and a right winger, preferably one with pace. 

12 hours ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Can’t see much happening in terms of signings, think we will keep the same bloated squad for a while longer.

There are a lot we wont be able to shift even if we want to because of their massive wages and long contracts. 

5 hours ago, alanharper said:

The Odubajo of a couple of seasons would be a superb signing (not that we'd get him, he'd be off to the PL)

The Odubajo who hasn't actually played a game due to injury since the 2016 play off final - unwise. Apparently he returned to training this month and could be playing again soon so maybe worth keeping an eye on, would be a risky signing though even on a free as being out for so long means there's no guarantee that he'll ever be as good as he was before even if he regains full fitness.

Aye, I knew he hadn’t played in a very long time ,  like you say great player a few years ago 

you would expect he will struggle to get back to that kind of level with the length of time out he’s had 

22 hours ago, lancashireowl said:

Before we start, I’ll assume that we have a relatively sized budget  which is helped by the sale of a few key players. Obviously, this may not be the case- but where is the fun otherwise? Again, we wouldn’t be signing all of these just a suggestion of some we could pick from with a budget. 

So to contradict everything I’ve just stated my first suggestion would be a free transfer- Lee Gregory. Sheffield lad and he would surely relish the chance to come back here.

Florian Josefzoon- expected cost £3M. Absolutely lightning on the wing for Brentford and out of contract next season. Brentford may look to get a few rather than lose him for nothing.

Marlon Pack- expected cost £3M. Obviously our preferred candidate for this role would be Ben Pearson but I think he is now out of our price range. This signing too might be slightly unrealistic as the player might want to stay at Bristol City, he might like the area. But a move to Sheffield Wednesday would be a move to a bigger club and a club with arguably greater chance of promotion if Bristol city can’t go up this year. 

Bradley Dack- expected cost £3m. Attacking midfielder from Blackburn who over the past few seasons has produced consistently good numbers in terms of goals and assists. May be the goal scoring midfielder we have lacked.

Moses Odubajo- Expected cost Free. Pacy right back who can also play winger, perfect for 3-5-2 if Jos is still here too. Would add some much needed pace and versatility, definitely should be interested.

Tammy Abraham- expected cost free (loan). Probably unrealistic but having failed at Swansea Chelsea may like him to join a big club in the championship chasing promotion (hopefully) we would fit the bill.

John Egan expected cost £2M. Like Josefzoon out of contract next season and Brentford may want to cut losses, need another centre half and he would hopefully solve the issue.

Tom Barkhuizen- expected cost £5M. Young and up and coming right winger at Preston, absolutely rapid and scored 8 goals this season which is a good return for a winger. Would likely command quite a large fee, maybe in excess of the one I mentioned so this move should only be considered  if we ended up selling a few big hitters ( Fessi, Hooper, Lees etc - which I hope we don’t)  in an attempt to revamp the squad.

Jota - expected cost £5M. Very talented this lad and torn us to shreds on a few occasions, only likely to happen if Brum go down though. 

Feel free to crucify me. 

We wont get any of them!

5 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Assuming that Loovens is released and Venancio is not signed for 2.6 million.Could do worse than re-sign Mark Beevers, aged 28, and unlikely to be on prohibitive wages at Bolton. Lee Gregory a good shout especially if we are prepared to let Winnall go to Derby.

Wow Beevers! Backwards step, what about Coke or Potter!

2 hours ago, Tomswfc94 said:

New CB- keep venancio and maybe another in, 

NEW RB- tommy smith at hudds? 

New LB- Greg Cunningham would be a great signing 

New RM- sako is out of contract at palace in the summer? Would tick all the box’s we need out wide 

out:

kean

palmer

pudil

loovens

wallace

abdi 

butterfield 

Rhodes (loan) 

winnall 

stobbs (loan) 

nuhiu- depending on how/if Fletcher recovers 

Cunningham is a great shout, imagine he would cost millions though.