Will Leeds United sign Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes?

Tom Lees signed a new contract a couple of years ago..25K per week (according to the beeb, stir etc.)

A striker generally earns (on average) 20/30% more plus add ons / bonuses, are generally far more generous.

I reckon Rhodes will be on 40k minimum, he may hit appearance bonuses but unlikely to hit goals bonuses....promotion/play-off bonuses may not be reached this season lol

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Rhodes hasn't been a success for us so far and I've no idea if he ever will be but I do know he was the best striker in this division at one time. He's now at the age when strikers hit their peak, he won't have forgotten how to make space, which runs to make to get in front of the defender, you never lose that. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

My reservation is that he isn't suited to a lone striker role which Jos seems to prefer, if Jos stays he will either have to find a new way to play or Jordan will be surplus to requirements. If that is the case we might as well sell or loan him out to recover as much as we can to improve our financial position.

Personally I'd have preferred to give Jordan the time to find his feet because I'm sure if we get rid he will go on to bang goals in somewhere else.

1 hour ago, prowl said:

Rhodes hasn't been a success for us so far and I've no idea if he ever will be but I do know he was the best striker in this division at one time. He's now at the age when strikers hit their peak, he won't have forgotten how to make space, which runs to make to get in front of the defender, you never lose that. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

My reservation is that he isn't suited to a lone striker role which Jos seems to prefer, if Jos stays he will either have to find a new way to play or Jordan will be surplus to requirements. If that is the case we might as well sell or loan him out to recover as much as we can to improve our financial position.

Personally I'd have preferred to give Jordan the time to find his feet because I'm sure if we get rid he will go on to bang goals in somewhere else.

Get rid, ASAP. Clarke banged in goals after we let him go, we'll get over it.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Good move for all parties. I'd rather have the guy they have on loan, Lasogga. Power, presence, and Luhukay managed him before. 

According to HITC they had a massive fall out too.  It is HITC though...:ph34r:

I'm not sure that he will score goals again at this level, and I certainly wouldn't be concerned about him doing better elsewhere 

He's wrong for us, but I wouldn't begrudge him going somewhere else and finding form Anyway, as we've seen before, a free scoring Jordan Rhodes, doesn't necessarily equate with success for his team

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I'm not sure that he will score goals again at this level, and I certainly wouldn't be concerned about him doing better elsewhere 

He's wrong for us, but I wouldn't begrudge him going somewhere else and finding form Anyway, as we've seen before, a free scoring Jordan Rhodes, doesn't necessarily equate with success for his team

Amen. 

This 100%. In the Championship Rhodes goals have not done a single thing for the teams he has played for.

I would rather look at team goals and results, rather than an individual's performance. 

We have finished higher than Blackburn and Huddersfield have in the Championship with Rhodes "scoring for fun" in their sides.

He looks absolutely spent as a player, like he needs a good six months in some Buddhist commune to rediscover himself.

We talk about chance creation etc but why when he plays do the chances never fall to him? Plenty of other players in our side get chances to score. Unlucky or just doesn’t get in a position to score? Last game he started was Ipswich I think? Chance fell to Nuhiu who volleyed straight at keeper, not sure Rhodes was within 6 yards, probably still hiding behind the defender which he did all half.

I so wanted this to work out but the only thing he’s done so far is put his thumb up a lot. So disappointing and the transfer and wages he’s commanded in his career he needs to take some responsibility and step up.