Unusual Hillsborough food/drink.

12 hours ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Forestieri, apparently.

Re: OP- I swallowed a fly once, does this count?

Not accepting unless you made a conscious decision to eat it. 

If you do however fancy crunching on an insect whilst watching the talent on show I would point you in the direction of

https://www.thefoodmarket.com/products/cranberry-orange-cricket-powder-energy-bars-12-x-36g-by-eat-grub?gclid=CjwKCAjwypjVBRANEiwAJAxlIm1rSw9Ppf3bO4a_jZR9FXUgz5Ss5bqIwJiSZ5XteFz2ewgExnLr5RoCvS0QAvD_BwE

I tried something at a food festival they weren't actually too bad, a cup of Yorkshire Tea and it could be a new Kop favourite.

12 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Caviar urgh brought back a huge 250g jar of Caspian Beluga from Leningrad/St Petersburg 1983 I swapped it for a pair of 501's together with 2 lt bottle of Stolichnaya Vodka.

Caviar is about 75 times the price of Cod Roe but give me Cod Roe any time. 

I agree tried both but prefer a fish from Chinese chippy.

5 hours ago, torres said:

Huge opportunity for the club here!!

Like Walkers did with Salt & Liniker 

What past & present player snacks could we sell 

(I apologise in advance for these;)

Reda Salted Crisps 

Rhodes in the hole 

Spaghetti Hoopers 

Joao man’s lunch 

Bannanan and custard.

Hunt, Lee and Palmer biscuits.

Fox's biscuits.

Reach Melba

Chocolate eClare

• Haha 2

Not exactly on topic, but forgive me. When I lived on Merseyside many years ago, I and 3 mates went to watch Wednesday play Everton at Goodison on a Boxing Day, taking with us ample supplies of mince pies and hip flasks filled with our favourite tipples. It just so happened that our mate, a Chief Inspector with Merseyside Constabulary and in change of both football grounds in Liverpool on match days  had spotted us on his cctv monitors  at half time. He came down from his box in the ground to say a friendly hello and I thought I would be a good mate and gave him a mince pie. As he woofed that back I got my hip flask out and thought nothing of offering him a drink of whisky, which he inadvertently took from me .. The look on his face when he realised that Goodison Park did not allow alcohol in the seated area and he was in uniform,was a picture, we all saw the funny side (except him). Fortunately not a drop passed his lips before he realised. His Number Two back in the box had spotted him and asked him over his radio, if was enjoying himself and asked him to take some back up to others in the box in all fairness. There were some unchristmas like remarks from him as he left us and reminded us that the beer was on us at the sports club that night.

Just thought I would share that little true story about light refreshment in football grounds.

14 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Caviar urgh brought back a huge 250g jar of Caspian Beluga from Leningrad/St Petersburg 1983 I swapped it for a pair of 501's together with 2 lt bottle of Stolichnaya Vodka.

Caviar is about 75 times the price of Cod Roe but give me Cod Roe any time. 

Just had a look on line not chased the price of Stolichnaya Vodka but the Caviar 250 grm pack currently selling for £500. 

On a cold night in November 1996 I went to See Sheffield Wednesday play Nottingham Forest - it was that cold my knee were freezing as i sat there but luckily mum had packed me up with hot chocolate and marshmallows add to that with amazing talent on show in Benni Carbone, Regi Blinker and Orlando Trustfull the later scored a screamer or maybe i just remember it that way as we were finding any reason to jump and cheer to stave off the frost bite. :tango:

17 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

Anyone can have a pie and pint at football match. Indeed I'm sure at least 43.7% of you reading this have met your nutritional needs with the above referred to items. 

But flicking through my Google photos this morning got me thinking about times I have rebelled against the commonly accepted football stomach filling staples (as pictured).

What's the most unusual thing you've consumed at Hillsborough?

Screenshot_20180311-094738.png

If ya don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Achkrington Stanleeee lol

At the bottom of the North.

Deep below down the concourse.

Round the back of the concrete ramp.

There used to be an old man. 

You could buy a bucket of welks from him if you knew when to catch him. 

Really nice fellow. Anyone else used to buy them? Used to sell them to me back in the 2008/09 season. He'd scurry out from a shadowy area near a manhole cover with a flat cap and a rattle in one hand. Then he'd bury his hands into his jacket pockets and pull out some welks. Occasionally mussels. He never really spoke. He was quite mysterious. I once caught site of the inside of his jacket and it was lined with torn out yellow pages and he had a watch chain made from milk bottle tops and old paper clips. Someone once told me he was an old chimney sweep and before that he had served in the Psychedelic brigade in world war 2 and liked to be in confined spaces. Ive asked dozens of people if they remember him and no one does. I always made sure i had my 10pence in my pocket for that. It was a match day ritual for me. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Really nice fellow. Anyone else used to buy them? Used to sell them to me back in the 2008/09 season. He'd scurry out from a shadowy area near a manhole cover with a flat cap and a rattle in one hand. Then he'd bury his hands into his jacket pockets and pull out some welks. Occasionally mussels. He never really spoke. He was quite mysterious. I once caught site of the inside of his jacket and it was lined with torn out yellow pages and he had a watch chain made from milk bottle tops and old paper clips. Someone once told me he was an old chimney sweep and before that he had served in the Psychedelic brigade in world war 2 and liked to be in confined spaces. Ive asked dozens of people if they remember him and no one does. I always made sure i had my 10pence in my pocket for that. It was a match day ritual for me. 

Are you sure you weren't just watching an episode of the Twilight Zone? 

14 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

At first i thought this was a song