Liam Palmer

My main problem is considering he's supposed to be one of us playing for his club, the lack of fire and effort, the lack of effort to bust a gut trying to chase back or get back into position. He all too often loses concentration, can be incredibly sloppy and at times seems oblivious to what's going on around him. 

I know confidence must be low, the atmosphere isn't as good as it could be, but surely you knuckle down,  put the effort in and try to do the basics right, yes we all make mistakes, but you get back and try rectify those mistakes. 

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Genuinely the amount of poo he was getting after each mistake he made I’m not surprised he played as bad as he did. 

Our fans are horrific for getting on players backs, does them no good whatsoever. 

Agreed. He was awful, extremely bad. But booing and jeering the lad isn’t going to help him. 

Felt for him out there. 

7 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I actually felt for the lad tonight. He’d gone. 

Aye, pretty obvious to anyone who has ever played football to even Sunday League Pub level. The lad was a wreck, he did not want the ball, he'd gone, was shot to poo. And yet we did not substitute him. A pathetic, inexcusable decision by professional football people who should know better, an utter shambles to leave the lad on when he was going through the mill like that.

23 minutes ago, dw_sheffwed said:

Average league one squad player 

Glad someone said it.... calling him a league one player is a compliment!

Average at very best, would go as far as saying league two at best. Bet there's a dozen better RBS in L1

He had a mare tonight absolutely and we said his head had gone when he smashed that shot/cross 10 yards high and wide.

The booing without doubt increases pressure and I just don’t get it. He is not Roland Nilsson without a doubt but there is an Internet lemming witch hunt out for the poor lad which is ridiculous, he is definitely not as bad as people too easily say. Admittedly he had an absolute shocker tonight though.

Edited by goodytheowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Palmer is beyond garbage.  Just because he’s ‘one of our own’, some fans think he’s fine.  I have a better full back in my under 15’s side at school.

Palmer is terrible, in possession he is so bad, thats why fans get on his back, he's struggling to do the basics, he deserves the stick.

Loovens did his very best to gift the game to Ipswich, he's getting worse every game.

Morgan Fox should not be playing at this level.

I felt very sorry for Tom Lees tonight, if I was Tom I would be having an injury set back, having to play alongside that dross.

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

rounduns!.

He was no worst than any one else tonight.

Loovens was at fault for the 1st goal, all he had to do was the basics, kick the ball out for a corner.

If it was not for a world class save, we would have gone in at half time at least 1-0 up.

We have a choice of 3 Strikers to pick from, all of them poor.

Reech had a shocker of a 1st half, out wide?.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

He was no worst than any one else tonight.

Loovens was at fault for the 1st goal, all he had to do was the basics, kick the ball out for a corner.

If it was not for a world class save, we would have gone in at half time at least 1-0 up.

We have a choice of 3 Strikers to pick from, all of them poor.

Reech had a shocker of a 1st half, out wide?.

Joao poor?

I'm not Reach's biggest fan but I think he is suffering from trying to do too much.

I said a while ago Loovens should never play again and he has cemented that tonight . He more or less lost us the game as we were untroubled by Ipswich until they scored.

I also think that Joao was clipped by both players on either side in the penalty incident

Palmer was better than on Saturday but he is woefully limited going forward.

Jos said in midweek that we cause our own problems and once again a terrible mistake has put us on the back foot.