If Jos wins the next two games it all changes again

Be honest, with majority of our lot it will all change in 1 game 

was best thing since sliced bread after Derby 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Be honest, with majority of our lot it will all change in 1 game 

was best thing since sliced bread after Derby 

Parallel situation is Bristol City too.

Has anyone actually looked at what the second tier of German football is actually like? Probably the Master Races Championship is probably more like something in Scotland?

Edited by Glenn59

6 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Never get it when people draw comparisons between other points in a different managers history. 

Each situation is unique and different.

Indeed its entirely meaningless. What a different manager did at a different club several years ago really bears no relevance to us whatsoever.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

No we are not Brighton they had a stadium bought for them by the local council. They had a management structure in place, the club is well run and consistently m and a operating profits they also use the loan market very well and do not pay silly fees for over the hill players.

If Brighton get relegated this year and personally I think they won't they will be making £40-50m profit with the tv money. But should they get relegated they will have plans to get straight back.

Don't not think just because we were good for a few years we are another Brighton or Middlesbough.

Funnily enough though both teams have a stadium sponsor and shirt sponsor that generate millions for them what do we have DC name everywhere and him bleating about FFP every time the fans say where the money.

Tony Bloom,their minted chairman paid for the new stadium.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

No we are not Brighton they had a stadium bought for them by the local council. They had a management structure in place, the club is well run and consistently m and a operating profits they also use the loan market very well and do not pay silly fees for over the hill players.

If Brighton get relegated this year and personally I think they won't they will be making £40-50m profit with the tv money. But should they get relegated they will have plans to get straight back.

Don't not think just because we were good for a few years we are another Brighton or Middlesbough.

Funnily enough though both teams have a stadium sponsor and shirt sponsor that generate millions for them what do we have DC name everywhere and him bleating about FFP every time the fans say where the money.

Its not the fans' place to demand to know about money, they hold no investment...

6 hours ago, e6owl said:

After 2 great years - finishing 4th and 6th - Brighton had a nightmare in 14/15 and completely fell apart, even more than Wednesday this year. Ended up getting Hughton in who steadied the ship but didn't do amazingly well and went on a right stinker of a run towards the end of the season. 

Out of morbid curiosity I went looking round for some Brighton news from 14/15 to see what kind of things they were saying. Saw their Hughton Out thread on a forum - http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?321414-Houghton-out

It's pretty much the exact same as what's said on here about our Jos, some think he has negative tactics and needs to go, others think he's inherited a team low on confidence and unable to play so he should be given the benefit of the doubt. 

I think most Brighton fans would be glad they kept Hughton, hopefully in a few years we'll have kept Jos and feel the same. 

:luhukay:

Hope you are right but Jos will have to have a massive clear out and make some shrewd signings, maybe he is capable but do we have the money?

I know some of you are interested in the Jos/Hughton comparison so here's an update. After their first 18 games in charge 

Jos' record:
6 wins, 6 draws, 6 defeats. 

Hughton's record:
7 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats 

Which is very similar, especially when you think had we not conceded that 93rd minute goal to Bolton they would be identical.

The other similarity is that Brighton then had 6 games remaining for the season, as we do now. So they both managed their teams for 24 games when taking over in January until the end of the season.

Brighton actually went on to lose 4 and draw 2 of their final 6 games of the season. 

So Hughton's record that season was 
P24 W7 D7 L10.

I think Jos has a good chance to better that record.

Stay tuned for more pointless updates

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I know some of you are interested in the Jos/Hughton comparison so here's an update. After their first 18 games in charge 

Jos' record:
6 wins, 6 draws, 6 defeats. 

Hughton's record:
7 wins, 5 draws, 6 defeats 

Which is very similar, especially when you think had we not conceded that 93rd minute goal to Bolton they would be identical.

The other similarity is that Brighton then had 6 games remaining for the season, as we do now. So they both managed their teams for 24 games when taking over in January until the end of the season.

Brighton actually went on to lose 4 and draw 2 of their final 6 games of the season. 

So Hughton's record that season was 
P24 W7 D7 L10.

I think Jos has a good chance to better that record.

Stay tuned for more pointless updates

Interesting stuff thanks, from memory Brighton signed Knockaert, Duffy, Murray (loan) in the following summer. If we do have financial problems it will be difficult to do similiar things but hopefully Jos can bring in 3-4 decent players and move some of the deadwood out 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I hope we don't copy that record... I have confidence in Jos pulling out at least one more win between now and end of season. With proper preparations over summer, a clear out and possible strengthening of wing backs, central defender and one inner midfielder, it'd be interesting to see what he can do for a promotion challenge next season. He definitely deserves a shot at it, provided we can keep him.

46 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Interesting stuff thanks, from memory Brighton signed Knockaert, Duffy, Murray (loan) in the following summer. If we do have financial problems it will be difficult to do similiar things but hopefully Jos can bring in 3-4 decent players and move some of the deadwood out 

Duffy and Murray weren’t signed until the summer after that, and Knockaert was a January signing in Hughton’s first full season. 

The key key to success, in my opinion, was the recruitment in season 15/16, which was almost enough. Murray and Duffy provided the extra quality the following season to make auto promotion with games to spare. 

On 04/03/2018 at 10:25, e6owl said:

After 2 great years - finishing 4th and 6th - Brighton had a nightmare in 14/15 and completely fell apart, even more than Wednesday this year. Ended up getting Hughton in who steadied the ship but didn't do amazingly well and went on a right stinker of a run towards the end of the season. 

Out of morbid curiosity I went looking round for some Brighton news from 14/15 to see what kind of things they were saying. Saw their Hughton Out thread on a forum - http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?321414-Houghton-out

It's pretty much the exact same as what's said on here about our Jos, some think he has negative tactics and needs to go, others think he's inherited a team low on confidence and unable to play so he should be given the benefit of the doubt. 

I think most Brighton fans would be glad they kept Hughton, hopefully in a few years we'll have kept Jos and feel the same. 

:luhukay:

I've been thinking exactly the same for the last few months.

1 hour ago, Mr Soul said:

Im not sure what the value of comparing the two managers is?

They are individuals with (I assume) their own perspective on how to achieve their goals

Can’t speak for other people but I personally find it interesting as Hughton is considered to be a top manager, so it’s good to see how he coped in a very similiar situation to Jos in his first (half) season in charge. I think some would find it surprising to learn that Hughton lost more matches than he won, before having a summer to work on them and turn them into playoff contenders again.