Hughton and Jos.

After 2 great years - finishing 4th and 6th - Brighton had a nightmare in 14/15 and completely fell apart, even more than Wednesday this year. Ended up getting Hughton in who steadied the ship but didn't do amazingly well and went on a right stinker of a run towards the end of the season. 

Out of morbid curiosity I went looking round for some Brighton news from 14/15 to see what kind of things they were saying. Saw their Hughton Out thread on a forum - http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?321414-Houghton-out

It's pretty much the exact same as what's said on here about our Jos, some think he has negative tactics and needs to go, others think he's inherited a team low on confidence and unable to play so he should be given the benefit of the doubt. 

I think most Brighton fans would be glad they kept Hughton, hopefully in a few years we'll have kept Jos and feel the same. 

:luhukay:

• Like 2

It’s a good comparison to make and one I have been doing myself.

Jos was doing better than Hughton in his first 9 games, but unfortunately the last 4 games have turned it in Hughton’s favour.

tho I really doubt Hughton had the injury problems that we have right this season 

Just now, CF83OWL said:

Err but Houghton has previously won this league with Newcastle.

How can you forget that?

Jos has won promotion to the Bundesliga twice, they both have successful pasts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CF83OWL said:

This is not the Bundesliga 2 though is it. 

It's not hugely different to be fair, it's still very competitive league with a lot of big clubs and huge supporter bases. The only real difference is money and that's the same for all of German football

You could put Pep or José in charge to the end of the season and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

After a solid start ( ie not conceding against 3 top sides and beating Derby ) he's hit the wall.

I really do think that we should reserve judgement until he has a bit more of a squad to work with.

That said, there have been a couple of questionable team selections in recent weeks ( Millwall away most notably ) and this has understandably sown some seeds of doubt about his credentials.

Just now, e6owl said:

It's not hugely different to be fair, it's still very competitive league with a lot of big clubs and huge supporter bases. The only real difference is money and that's the same for all of German football

It is very different though when you consider how much money Villa, Newcastle, Boro, Wolves and Brighton have spent in this division 

You are looking 60m plus on transfers alone to get in the top 2. 

1 minute ago, CF83OWL said:

It is very different though when you consider how much money Villa, Newcastle, Boro, Wolves and Brighton have spent in this division 

You are looking 60m plus on transfers alone to get in the top 2. 

And yet our fans scratch their heads and call for the manager to go because we're not steamrollering everyone using rag tag reserve team players and U23 kids

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

And yet our fans scratch their heads and call for the manager to go because we're not steamrollering everyone using rag tag reserve team players and U23 kids

I agree, Many fans have short memories.

But the reality of it is, we are not a top 2 team in terms of budget. 

Individual errors.    Made all  over the pitch the last few games.

Poor decision making.   Again way too much of it going on. Lack of leaders on the pitch / squad.

First goal.  If Nuhiu had scored early yesterday it may have been a totally different game.  (we would have lost 4-1)

As soon as they scored you could see the head drops and confidence drain.

21 minutes ago, e6owl said:

After 2 great years - finishing 4th and 6th - Brighton had a nightmare in 14/15 and completely fell apart, even more than Wednesday this year. Ended up getting Hughton in who steadied the ship but didn't do amazingly well and went on a right stinker of a run towards the end of the season. 

Out of morbid curiosity I went looking round for some Brighton news from 14/15 to see what kind of things they were saying. Saw their Hughton Out thread on a forum - http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?321414-Houghton-out

It's pretty much the exact same as what's said on here about our Jos, some think he has negative tactics and needs to go, others think he's inherited a team low on confidence and unable to play so he should be given the benefit of the doubt. 

I think most Brighton fans would be glad they kept Hughton, hopefully in a few years we'll have kept Jos and feel the same. 

:luhukay:

No we are not Brighton they had a stadium bought for them by the local council. They had a management structure in place, the club is well run and consistently m and a operating profits they also use the loan market very well and do not pay silly fees for over the hill players.

If Brighton get relegated this year and personally I think they won't they will be making £40-50m profit with the tv money. But should they get relegated they will have plans to get straight back.

Don't not think just because we were good for a few years we are another Brighton or Middlesbough.

Funnily enough though both teams have a stadium sponsor and shirt sponsor that generate millions for them what do we have DC name everywhere and him bleating about FFP every time the fans say where the money.