Luhukay out.

Guest Theboylangers

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yeah - but he had them running around Grenoside woods and had em walk up to the back of the Kop to see how bad the view was behind the pillars or something. 

And before his last game win over the poor relations from S2 we had lost consecutive games to Blackpool, Exeter, Stevenage and Chesterfield, scoring once in the process.

failure to see the rebuilding job megson had to do on virtual fumes compared to the present splurge after irvine had blown MM's cash is symptomatic of selective memory by people above i respect as well 

we had some dreadful results under megson  he wasn't supported by MM  until he got antonio but he eventually managed to mould a fighting team that was finessed by jones helped by an blunt idiot ruining their chances

I would love to see had he 30m what he had done  it wouldn't have been as pretty perhaps but he's a better promotion record than CC

( I realise this wouldn't happen he's no yes man and an abrasive b*gger)   

Just now, steelowl said:

failure to see the rebuilding job megson had to do on virtual fumes compared to the present splurge after irvine had blown MM's cash is symptomatic of selective memory by people above i respect as well 

we had some dreadful results under megson  he wasn't supported by MM  until he got antonio but he eventually managed to mould a fighting team that was finessed by jones helped by an blunt idiot ruining their chances

I would love to see had he 30m what he had done  it wouldn't have been as pretty perhaps but he's a better promotion record than CC

he wasn't backed until he got Antonio? 

We had the third or second biggest budget in League One. 

He was allowed to sign a number of players during his time here. 

Yes - he turned things around - but I'd expect any half decent manager to sort SWFC out in League One. 

23 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

The last time Megson was appointed in circumstances like these, the new manager impetus went as follows...

P12 W2 D2 L8 F10 A25

I have no clue where you are coming from. Megson record

P    W  D   L    Win %

62 28 12 22 45.16

As I said Megson understood what it is like to be a Wednesday fan. Under his regime I felt proud to be a Wednesday fan. I went to Oldham, Rochdale, Piggy Lane etc (pretty sure you didn’t) knowing that the team would give 100% and that the manger would not suffer fools gladly. He would have a game plan for every game. It would not always work but he would front up to the media with passion and refreshing honesty. 

IMO DJMortimer you are one of the most irrelevant posters on Owlstalk. You love to pontificate, google statistics and neg other posters but contribute little or nothing.

What is your point? What are you saying? 

Do you want JL in or out. If in why? What is your rationale? If our, what is your solution? 

Edited by Lawrie’s Left Peg

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Don't get me wrong; I don't want to suggest Megson belongs in the same category as the likes of Turner and Irvine. Overall he did a decent job for us at the time, but nothing to merit the hero worship he gets from a few loonies on here.

13 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

And before his last game win over the poor relations from S2 we had lost consecutive games to Blackpool, Exeter, Stevenage and Chesterfield, scoring once in the process.

Yet there are some on here who wish to return to those heady days 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

he wasn't backed until he got Antonio? 

We had the third or second biggest budget in League One. 

He was allowed to sign a number of players during his time here. 

Yes - he turned things around - but I'd expect any half decent manager to sort SWFC out in League One. 

MMs fault was that he'd given most of his cash to irvine 

Imo I don't think he did back megson enough he didn't have the funds left certainly not to the level we needed if he'd got marshall back who knows 

that was a glorious promotion by jones  and the blunt collapse which we wouldn't have been promoted without  

5 hours ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

The problem is who we get in to replace him,     

Allardyce will be free in a couple of weeks. 

In all seriousness who'd want the job. No money to spend, aging squad and a chairman who is way, way, out of his depth.

I've previously negged  the calls for Megson but I think it would be a sensible call. I thought after the Cardiff game we'd got the right man,  but happily admit I was wrong.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Don't get me wrong; I don't want to suggest Megson belongs in the same category as the likes of Turner and Irvine. Overall he did a decent job for us at the time, but nothing to merit the hero worship he gets from a few loonies on here.

you may think I'm one as i did appreciate his input but I recognised his faults too

5 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Inherited an injury ravaged, unfit, uninspiring, unprofessional, soft, spineless  “professional” footballers. Absolute bottlers. 

We can blame Jos, and I’m not completely convinced, but those players need to take look at themselves because they are not conducting themselves as professionals. 

Sooner we ship some of this lot out the better. 

Completely agree. Jos was a random appointment and not who I would have chosen, but the guy has inherited a 'B' squad full of bottlers.

Realistically, who else could we get in that could do better with the hand he's been dealt.

This was a chance for some of the 2nd string to prove their worth and they've blown it...big time.

Have nothing against the lads from U23s thrown in at the deep end but far too may of the others are not cut for Championship football.

I'd stick with Jos (for now), let's judge him when we have some of the big guns back.

3 hours ago, victorturner said:

I actually do not think we have any "very good"  players except FF, Hooper, Westwood and Lees in his form of two years ago. Bannan would be OK if he played further up the field. Dawson is more promising than Wildsmith. There is not a threatening striker on the books although Joao is worth cultivating. FF carried the scoring department.

You’re missing my point