Luhukay out.

Guest Theboylangers

Since Jos came in we haven’t had a single experienced Championship centre half fit for the vast majority of it.

When we have it’s been Loovens who appears to have lost his legs.

Our only fit goalkeepers have only played a handful of professional matches.

Our only fit left backs have had to play centre half because we’ve had no fit centre halves.  Neither of those left backs are good enough at left back let alone centre half.

Hunt hasn’t been fit for most of the matches, Palmer Isn’t good enough.

For most of his matches, his only fit centre midfielders have been Jones, Butterfield and Pelepussy.

His only fit forwards have been Joao, Rhodes and a Nuhiu - none of which Carlos considered good enough to start.

Added to that, none of them are clearly fit enough. Struggling to play two matches in one week, very difficult for a manager to change that half way through a season.

No idea whether Jos will cut it.

But I do know you can’t judge him yet.

He’s getting criticised for his team selection but he clearly wouldn’t select the likes of Fox, Palmer and Stobbs ahead of Lees, Hunt and Boyd if he didn’t have to.

Our players were dropping like flies and it seems clear to me that lack of fitness in the squad was a major reason.

Since Jos came in the amount of injuries has decreased and we seem to be slowly getting players back.

Lees will make a huge difference to this team.

It was clear to me that yesterday’s starting XI looked like a bottom six team. Expecting Jos to make it look any different just because you are used to watching Westwood, Lees, Hutch, Bannan, Lee, Forestieri and Hooper is quite frankly ridiculous.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It was clear to me that yesterday’s starting XI looked like a bottom six team. Expecting Jos to make it look any different just because you are used to watching Westwood, Lees, Hutch, Bannan, Lee, Forestieri and Hooper is quite frankly ridiculous.

Disagree. You can instill a system that average players can play to in order to compete (like we did against Villa to be fair). McCarthy/Pulis etc. are masters of this. We deserve no sympathy as a club due to injuries as it simply cannot be a coincidence and harks backs to something being fundamentally wrong.

Guest Bulgaria

aye, because with Hooper, Bannan, Lee, Westwood, Lees and Hutch in the side...Fessi for the start of it.....we were reyt good earlier in the season.

Even with our so called superstars we have been awful, bar one or two games.

16 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

Disagree. You can instill a system that average players can play to in order to compete (like we did against Villa to be fair). McCarthy/Pulis etc. are masters of this. We deserve no sympathy as a club due to injuries as it simply cannot be a coincidence and harks backs to something being fundamentally wrong.

McCarthy and Pulis cant do it every match.

Jos has put a system in place that has picked up points against far better teams than us (with the players he has) - Boro, Derby and United for a start.

But when playing with sub standard teams even Pulis and McCarthy teams take a stuffing from time to time.

This was the first time we’ve been spanked since he came in and I think there have been strong signs that with better players he can do well.

I was delighted with our performances against Derby and Villa.

Lets see if with a few players back, we see improved results.  I think we will.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

7 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

aye, because with Hooper, Bannan, Lee, Westwood, Lees and Hutch in the side...Fessi for the start of it.....we were reyt good earlier in the season.

Even with our so called superstars we have been awful, bar one or two games.

You're wasting you're time Bully.

Whilst we have some major players out, we also still have a squad to choose from with lots of Premier League apps; Championship apps & a few caps for good international teams.

We gave enough to comfortably st stay in this division. The players need to step up & give a damm about the club.

Taking new players round the club & to the back of the kop, had a purpose. Yet some mock that. And I'm not suggesting a GM return.

4 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Worryingly there seems to be only 1 team worse than us according to the form table Worrying times

Last 10 matches (HOME AND AWAY)

Barnsley

30%

Birmingham City

50%

Burton Albion

60%

Reading

40%

Leeds Utd

60%

Sheffield Wed

50%

Sunderland

40%

Only 7 goals in 10 games is alarming . we cant score ,and cant stop conceding. A dangerous combination. 

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we had a chairman that knew this first thing about football he would never have appointed Jos in the first place. I just hope he somehow manages to keep us up and then leaves us in the summer. 

Or Carlos 

19 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

I don't agree with the above totally  this team available now would be relegated if played from the start regardless of magical organisation they are not fit nevermind skilful enough 

I agree with the bold bit though roundhay and have all season something was wrong last season and it's manifested this shocking coincidences i don't believe in  the sacking of the complete medical team may have been THE mistake perhaps they knew what was wrong ?

I reckon Jos will do well but he needs a new right hand man. I would say a good bet, boy will I be slated, but get rid of Bullen and bring in Megson as his number two. He would bring the guts and then he could also give advice upstairs if we couldn't get Wilkinson in as a general manager adviser type.

We are judging Jos on what he has inherited, with a full squad and full pre-season I reckon we will see his worth. We need to survive and Bullen is not the right fit as a wing man.

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Only 7 goals in 10 games is alarming . we cant score ,and cant stop conceding. A dangerous combination. 

Agree. If we continue on the current tangent we will get caught. On the same theme, we seem to be getting worse, not better. No “new manger bounce back syndrome” New ideas and approaches have had no tangible effect  

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
2 hours ago, bradowl said:

The clown that's taking Swansea from bottom to mid table in Premier league? 

Even though I backed him right up to Bolton and Birmingham defeats I was glad to see back of him but right now it's looking like we made a mistake. 

We didn't IMO. He left a shambles of a demoralised, depleted and unfit squad. Swansea is not my/our concern but looks like a classic case of new manager bounce from a squad of decent players properly prepared which for whatever reason lost its way. His whole career is one of short term tenures. His excellent first season with us was built on Gray's work bolstered by some significant DC funded strengthening including FF of course. All just my opinion of course.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Imagine when the players come back it will be fessi at left wing back. Bannan cen back as a sweeper. Hooper cen mid. Hutch right wing back. This guy simply needs to play players in the correct positions. This is a must.if he doesn’t we will keep losing games.we need basics and starting from the gk to defence, I though after his first 4 games being 0-0 he was installing this but seems to have forgotten about it completly 

It's interesting how different perspectives emerge.  I've seen us five times under this manager.  Five of his six home games.  I missed the Derby game  - obviously the high point.  What I've seen since is - 

• draw at home to Cardiff where we started slowly but played some really nice stuff second half and perhaps a bit unfortunate not to win
  • beating Reading in the cup - enjoyable, and on the night we were some way ahead of them
  • losing to Birmingham - a total disaster but to an extent one of those things.  Two early goals that were individual errors not system failures and then an absurd sending off.  It was game over at half time, but at least second half spirit was there
  • Swansea home in the cup, which both sides treated as in effect a pre-season friendly
  • Villa, where their greater sharpness won it for them, but we did have ridiculous luck in the six yard box, and a ref awarding 16 fouls against us and one against them is one of those occasions where the numbers really do speak for themselves

None of that's brilliant.  You can say one point in nine at home is simple bottom of the table form.  But subjectively it hasn't looked like a disaster.  I am still in too-early-to-tell mode, personally.

We really do have to cut Jos some slack IMO. A vastly depleted squad, two horrendous long trips against a fresh team challenging for the play-offs. Unfortunately no time to recover before we play another team that have had an extended break, Ipswich.  Having said that, yesterday's performance was unacceptable, not because we lost but in that there was so much bad defending and careless passing that beggared belief for a club in the Championship.  

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Agree. If we continue on the current tangent we will get caught. On the same theme, we seem to be getting worse, not better. No “new manger bounce back syndrome” New ideas and approaches have had no tangible effect  

spot on 

10 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I was about to press the agree feature.. until I saw the last line.

Why make a good post then ruin it (imo) with a pointless bit of abuse?

FFS.

Ah well - maybe you’re right - sure he’s been called worse. 

20 hours ago, wharncliffeowl said:

Yes the totally unknown out of work for two years foreign manager experiment we have tried for the last two appointments has not gone as planned. Time to back to British with knowledge and understanding of the lower leagues now, 

mmmm! has anyone out there got an inkling as to why they are unknown and out of work? WTF: