Any armed forces/sericemen on here?

31 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Netheravon? 

Wedgied by a barbed wire fence-first time I have heard that one. Been dragged through a gorse bush in high winds. That wasn’t fun! Mate went through a dry stone wall sideways and another lad I know ended up losing his leg.  He had a bag of washing for a chute when he did a jump in Poland and ended up landing on the runway of a disused airfield we were doing a practice assault on. 

Dangerous business! 

That's it, Netheravon. Great days. Another lad had a Roman candle on his main on a 3 thousand foot drop. Not much time to pull the reserve. It messed him up psychologically and we found him later in his car on a dark country road having gone missing from the course. He'd gone wibble.

11 hours ago, Fast Forward said:

No love for armed 'services' and not afraid to say so. You're the people who make war possible. End.

No love for 'Fast Forward' and not afraid to say so. Nobody likes war but if you think not having an armed forces will stop war you are deluded beyond belief. The majority of the time our armed forces are there to deter, not fight. 

4 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Was in the Royal Navy for most of the 90s after leaving school. Reckon a few young uns of today could do with a dose of the armed forces. It maketh the man in my view (or woman).

I joined at 19. It was the making of me. My mum later told me I changed from being a teenager to a man very quickly after joining. Great days and I still attend reunions today with lifelong friends from the RAF

16 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

That's it, Netheravon. Great days. Another lad had a Roman candle on his main on a 3 thousand foot drop. Not much time to pull the reserve. It messed him up psychologically and we found him later in his car on a dark country road having gone missing from the course. He'd gone wibble.

Bet his undies were a write-off too! 

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Bet his undies were a write-off too! 

Completely and utterly. Mine were and I was only watching the poor fecker from the ground. Needless to say, he didn't jump again.

3 minutes ago, Prutton Away said:

Right then, I thought I would let this one run for a bit and hide on the 10th page to avoid the stick

I'm likely to get. :ph34r:

Yes, 16 years and a DE Rupert.....ITK do your worst. 

No shame in that. Some absolutely

cracking DE’s out there. As an LE I would naturally say we have the edge though. lol

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

3 minutes ago, Prutton Away said:

Right then, I thought I would let this one run for a bit and hide on the 10th page to avoid the stick

I'm likely to get. :ph34r:

Yes, 16 years and a DE Rupert.....ITK do your worst. 

I bet you enjoy those sing songs around the piano in the officers mess. Plink plink, plink plonk. It's all just high spirits isn't it. At least that's what my officers used to tell us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

On this thread you can read that most people posting have spent their careers picking up the pieces in other countries, I have never met a soldier who decided all on his own to go have a scrap.

One day your bubble will pop.

Johny Rambo had a reyt pop at it. Four times. Peace out.

• Haha 2

22 years in the senior service, left 2009, wrote to each chairman for discount on season tickets whist I served, but they all refused. 

Year I left the club offered Armed Forces concession season tickets and continue to do so (and rightly so).  I have asked this week if ex-forces on a pension can qualify, a resounding NO! ............used to it though, don't get many things for serving our country.

12 hours ago, Fast Forward said:

No love for armed 'services' and not afraid to say so. You're the people who make war possible. End.

A few people have made comment on the above contribution. 

As an ex squaddie I dint have any problem with this chap posting his opinion. Many of my fellow comrades have paid the ultimate price so he can make them. 

This is what makes serving your country so worth while. 

You can sleep safely in your bed knowing there are men an women out there willing to put their life on the line to maintain your right to disrespect them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 years man and boy, retired in 2011. Dad was a season ticket holder from Donny for donkeys....and I would go with him when home on leave from Germany. Highlights were 66 final (young tears), Rumbelows Final (magic), listened to the 93 FA Cup Final via BBC World Service on a park bench in Turkmenistan (working at Brit Embassy Moscow), and last moment of note was Cardiff where we met Big Ron after the match. Used to the Wednesday ups and downs and always amazed where Owls fans pop up. Wouldn't have changed a thing or my team. WTID

• Like 3

2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Netheravon? 

Wedgied by a barbed wire fence-first time I have heard that one. Been dragged through a gorse bush in high winds. That wasn’t fun! Mate went through a dry stone wall sideways and another lad I know ended up losing his leg.  He had a bag of washing for a chute when he did a jump in Poland and ended up landing on the runway of a disused airfield we were doing a practice assault on. 

Dangerous business! 

When I was in Cyprus heard a story about a Capt who's chute didn't open, they say his legs were going so fast on landing that he'd have done the 100 meter faster

than Lindford Christie. 

• Haha 1

Served for 18 years so far, out in Grafenwohr at the minute on an exercise, finally found some WiFi in Dunkin Donuts (spare 10 mins) to check in on Owlstalk.

sacked my season ticket off when I joined up, I get to games as and when I’m in the country and available to attend. 

• Like 4