Any armed forces/sericemen on here?

5 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I did a 3 week parachute jumping course at an Army Air Core base in 1991. I forget the name of the base but I think it was near Amesbury, Salisbury Plain. We did some night drops and one lad landed on top of a barbed wire fence, one leg either side of the barbs. I can still hear his screams now as the wind filled his chute and dragged him along. Poor bugger.

Netheravon or Middle Wallop

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I hated my 3 years down there was good for going to Southampton away and nothing else.

Used to go out to Everleigh, Netherhaven, Burbage, then call into the Chinky on way back. I loved it but was only there for a year.

What year are you talking about, I was there late 70's.

Edited by daleblue

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
15 hours ago, steveger said:

and it's rude why mate ? it was banter after today's depressing news with our beloved club...

I'm a huge supporter our our underappreciated and brave servicemen and women both in the past and the present, my younger brother was in the "duke of boots" , my uncle was in the KOSB's, I have attended numerous events over the years simply just to show my support and applaud these brave and loyal people.

I'm sorry if i have offended you though

Agree just a bit of banter. Didn't seem at all rude to me though clearly opinions differ.

12 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Used to go out to Everleigh, Netherhaven, Burbage, then call into the Chinky on way back. I loved it but was only there for a year.

What year are you talking about, I was there late 70's.

I was there 2006 - 2009 spent most of my time in Iraq, Canada and Belize though

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

I was there 2006 - 2009 spent most of my time in Iraq, Canada and Belize though

The year was prob why it was a bad time, back then it was a backwater, the buildings had been mixed up with the drawings for a project in India, we had what they

should have had, could sit out at night time on the veranda soaking up the beer and the sun. Came out just before the first Gulf war started, always regretted it, but

after seeing what you boys went through, think I got away with one.

16 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Where is sniper1? Was he deleted for being a Walter? 

he

was a good bloke in real life, helped me loads with my lad and his ptsd also set up a unit for helping many others suffering the same  , yes he was outspoken on here and did go over the top at times , but the man had a heart of gold and by my book did not deserve a ban on that footing alone ,

15 hours ago, Fast Forward said:

No love for armed 'services' and not afraid to say so. You're the people who make war possible. End.

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone........................and in recognition of your invaluable contribution i present you with today`s Richard Cranium award.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, ash60s said:

23 years WO1 RE - out in 93

Supported Owls all thru service with more pee taking than I like to recall :rolleyes:

Played for Army FA and was the only owl, had to be a Geordie in squad when Barcodes beat us 8 summat :sad:

Had stints at Camberley/Fleet/Farnborough/Andover and overseas Preussen Hameln(Germany)/Bruyer N France

EPA Larnaca(now AEK Larnaca)Cyprus Apollon Limassol Cyprus RAEC Mons(Belgium)

Started supporting Wednesday aged 7 in 1959 lot of tears on this continued journey but IWTID

And had to put up with me and Dave Gelling in Camberley :laugh:  :laugh:

• Haha 1