Any armed forces/sericemen on here?

5 minutes ago, Fast Forward said:

No love for armed 'services' and not afraid to say so. You're the people who make war possible. End.

On this thread you can read that most people posting have spent their careers picking up the pieces in other countries, I have never met a soldier who decided all on his own to go have a scrap.

One day your bubble will pop.

7 minutes ago, Fast Forward said:

No love for armed 'services' and not afraid to say so. You're the people who make war possible. End.

I expect the irony's lost on you... however I'm glad you're enjoying free speech...and long may it continue...for all of us...

Not just toads.

FFS.

5 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Spent half my youth in there, probably still got a bit of the sticky carpet stuck on my old going out shoes.

Sadly, its gone, like everything else that was ever good about Aldershot.

I only did 5 years; but experienced many of the great forces night clubs.

Joannas- Southsea (now gone)

Emma's - Gosport (still going)

Sam's - Exmouth (???)

Cheeks - Aldershot (???)

And probably some more I've forgot.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fast Forward said:

You really have no idea about real life.

The Armed Forces do the bidding of the Government of the time, they took the Queens shilling and do their job as best they can in often difficult situations the like of which you cannot imagine.

I love the fact you are sharing your opinion in one of the most open Countries in the World, though....Ironically, off the back of the super British Armed forces.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Fast Forward said:

Don’t worry mate, each to their own.

We’ll still dedicate our working lives (and make sacrifices to our personal lives) to look after you and your loved ones.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Sam's - Exmouth (???)

Cheeks - Aldershot (???)

Sams shut down years ago 

Fast forward. I have spent the majority of my adult life defending your democracy in places that most people have never even heard of let alone wanted to visit. I have seen young men reduced to human waste to provide your freedom. You may not respect the forces but for today I am ashamed to be on the same board as you. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Sam's - Exmouth (???)

Cheeks - Aldershot (???)

Cheeks closed about 10 years ago, much like all the good pubs in Town.

1 minute ago, lukestheman82 said:

Cheeks closed about 10 years ago, much like all the good pubs in Town.

Once the Maroon Massive left and the Welsh Turds moved in the place changed completely. 

Women, complete with their drip trays migrated east towards Colchester, drawn by the Airborne Musk-essence of man condensed. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Once the Maroon Massive left and the Welsh Turds moved in the place changed completely. 

Women, complete with their drip trays migrated east towards Colchester, drawn by the Airborne Musk-essence of man condensed. lol

All jokes aside, that's a fact.

1. 25 years in total, shiney-arsed crabfat.  Didn't miss a game home or away (on the thumb) for two and a half seasons until the '66 cup final.  Joined on 6 May 66, cup final ticket in hand, but had to watch from the back row of the tv room at RAF Hereford with a Liverpool supporter (Paul Jones).  Hereford to Waddington (Giant Voice 69) Roy Shingler a Chief Tech off Line Sqn used to give me a lift in his Mk10 Jag and park in the yard of a pub his brother ran on Penistone Road that's gone now.  To Gan then back to Patrington (Staxton Wold), playing for 11 Group and Strike, then Northwood where I was one of two RAF guys (a Booty in goal and 8 matelots) in the team (HMS Warrior) that won the Navy Cup at Chatham (Ron Bramley, another Wednesdayite, was the other).  Next year should have won the RAF Cup at Uxbridge but 42nd goal of the season disallowed by some dumb referee and lost in extra time.  SHAPE, Belgium (playing with Owl Ash Saywell Army from Dinnington I think).  Boulmer, Stanmore Park (Bentley Priory) where we knocked the RAF champions, Abingdon, out of the RAF Cup (massive giant-killing) our left back was Mick (Spin) Dwyer and a Blunt, Mick Petty, played midfield.  Scampton next from where I selected JOC Maastricht over RAF Stanley in '82.  Last five years on the computer at Innsworth.  Out now for nearly 30 years living in Stockport.  Season ticket on North for ages where I'm just another (or possibly THE) gobby, referee-hating, Wednesday lover.  WAWAW
  • Like 5

A very public "thank you" to all our current and former ex-service folks out there.

Let's also not forget that a disproportionately high number of homeless people are ex-services, too. Please bear that in mind, especially with the weather being as bad as it is at the moment.