Any armed forces/sericemen on here?

4 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

She was sound. Just hope the dogs appreciate it! Tell her she needs to do some outside areas-dog Richards everywhere. lol

:laugh:

I’ll get her on a fod plod asap.

• Haha 1

Just hit my 16 year point. 

Ex dukes now WO2 in Royal Artillery. Appreciate the concession season tickets prices and will keep buying them until i leave the forces.

a great memory was when i was shipped off the helmand province in 2007, had been in a bit of dust up in Garmsir,  when it all calmed down i got talking to a fire support lad in the grendier guards called “fluffy” who was a mad Man city fan - he broke the news to me that the pigs had been relegated!

Now that was a good day ! 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I served in the RAF from 1990 to 1997. Based at both RAF Kinloss and RAF lossiemouth. 450 miles from Sheffield but I still managed at least 10 matches a season. I used to base all my leave around the most possible home and away fixtures I could get in. I did all the Wembley trips in 1993 and was there for the league cup win at wembley.  Also saw the owls at Parkhead in 1993 friendly at celtic and watched Aberdeen v blackburn at pitodrie when blackburn were prem champions. I also watched Elgin v Aberdeen which is a local derby up there, such was my desire to watch live football. Good times.

Was based in Aldershot for a few months & went to a local derby FA cup game Aldershot v Woking.

Also went to QPR v Tranmere whilst in Aldershot.

And Exeter v Darlington whilst at Lympstone.

The forces can lead you to random games.

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I'd use sabot and fast machine gun fire..then I'd reverse at 98mph whilst engaging multiple threats and chucking out smoke and grenade bombs and mortaring everyone else.

FFS.

The Sabot uses Kinetic energy, travels at 1,470 meters per second, no damage to target apart from a neat hole as small in dia as a can of sloppy peas, its the Decompression followed by the sudden return to norm which kills, sucks you in, blows you out, just got to plug the holes and pick up the pieces of

bodies. then you got a free tank.

Might be slightly out on the speed not by much but it was 20 odd years ago.

Edited by daleblue
  • Like 1

Just now, daleblue said:

The Sabot uses Kinetic energy, travels at 1,470 meters per second, no damage to target apart from a neat hole as small in dia as a can of sloppy peas, its the Decompression 

followed by the sudden return to norm which kills, sucks you in, blows you out, just got to plug the holes and pick up the pieces of bodies. then you got a free tank.

Well thanks for that

I'm halfway through a Muller Rice

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Ginger b*stard said:

Just hit my 16 year point. 

Ex dukes now WO2 in Royal Artillery. Appreciate the concession season tickets prices and will keep buying them until i leave the forces.

a great memory was when i was shipped off the helmand province in 2007, had been in a bit of dust up in Garmsir,  when it all calmed down i got talking to a fire support lad in the grendier guards called “fluffy” who was a mad Man city fan - he broke the news to me that the pigs had been relegated!

Now that was a good day ! 

lol

remember walking into the departures lounge at bastion just as Simonsen sent his penalty into orbit. I burst out laughing, but as a WO2 at the time the glares from the oinkers in the Yorks Regt soon were fixed back on granny sausage finger’s and co.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Was based in Aldershot for a few months & went to a local derby FA cup game Aldershot v Woking.

Also went to QPR v Tranmere whilst in Aldershot.

And Exeter v Darlington whilst at Lympstone.

The forces can lead you to random games.

Lympstone and Aldershot. Switch from Paras to Marines?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daleblue said:

The Sabot uses Kinetic energy, travels at 1,470 meters per second, no damage to target apart from a neat hole as small in dia as a can of sloppy peas, its the Decompression followed by the sudden return to norm which kills, sucks you in, blows you out, just got to plug the holes and pick up the pieces of

Sounds a right laugh

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Might be slightly out on the speed not by much but it was 20 odd years ago.

I can honestly say you would not want your free tank! Having seen the effects on TELIC 1, trust me! 

2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Lympstone and Aldershot. Switch from Paras to Marines?

Was a matelot medic. Just prior to signing up (97), the 3 services combined the 1st part of training for medics at DMSTC near Aldershot.

Spent nearly all of my time with the bootnecks, after medic training.