Any armed forces/sericemen on here?

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Was a matelot medic. Just prior to signing up (97), the 3 services combined the 1st part of training for medics at DMSTC near Aldershot.

Spent nearly all of my time with the bootnecks, after medic training.

What years were you at CTCRM ?

6 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Lympstone and Aldershot. Switch from Paras to Marines?

As a Shotonian I must say there is so much more to Aldershot than Para Reg.

I mean, since they moved to Colchester, we have been blessed with such joys as unemployment and crime aswell as becoming a 3rd World toilet.

The 'Home of the British Army' is a total cess pit.

• Thanks 1

Just now, lukestheman82 said:

As a Shotonian I must say there is so much more to Aldershot than Para Reg.

I mean, since they moved to Colchester, we have been blessed with such joys as unemployment and crime aswell as becoming a 3rd World toilet.

The 'Home of the British Army' is a total cess pit.

This^^^^

sad to see the demise of a once vibrant garrison town!

Just now, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Nurses from Keogh were always the best!

Keogh barracks; couldn't remember the name. In our training group the RAF birds were the fittest.

Many nights out in Aldershot; Woking and Guilford. Inc Cheeks; spent a night in the photo booth at woking station; until the 1st train.

Now then treve see you in Cyprus mate!!! 

Been in the RAF for 22 and counting. God knows why but I can't bring myself to leave. Sat here in the cold due to heating being ripped out. Got to love this government. But despite that everywhere I go I take my Wednesday shirt. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Keogh barracks; couldn't remember the name. In our training group the RAF birds were the fittest.

Many nights out in Aldershot; Woking and Guilford. Inc Cheeks; spent a night in the photo booth at woking station; until the 1st train.

Cheeks-Thursday nights were mega. Newie challenge was to nick a handbag off a partner of a Para Reg bloke, take a dump in it toilets in it and get it slipped back without them catching you. 

I ended up getting one of the Keogh female nurses on ROP’s cos she was late on parade cos she was prisoner in my bunk in Aldershot. lol

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Spent half my youth in there, probably still got a bit of the sticky carpet stuck on my old going out shoes.

Sadly, its gone, like everything else that was ever good about Aldershot.

1 minute ago, Fast Forward said:

No love for armed 'services' and not afraid to say so. You're the people who make war possible. End.

Wow

Just now, clifford said:

What a dump DMSTC Keogh Barracks was.

Suppose it was, but I loved it. The NAFI was packed out every night with loads of birds.

We were amongst the 1st groups to have the triservice training. Some complained that it was better at Haslar.

But not me it went from training with a group of 15, maybe 1-2 females; to training with 70 odd with lots of fit birds.

Great times for me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eckyowl said:

Now then treve see you in Cyprus mate!!! 

Been in the RAF for 22 and counting. God knows why but I can't bring myself to leave. Sat here in the cold due to heating being ripped out. Got to love this government. But despite that everywhere I go I take my Wednesday shirt. 

Blame CA or OC SSS.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

1 minute ago, Fast Forward said:

No love for armed 'services' and not afraid to say so. You're the people who make war possible. End.

Think you will find its Governments and politicians who start wars, its the soldiers job and the armed forces to stop it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1