SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Oh I bet you’re loving these accounts Geoffrey, any excuse to blame bad Mr C when he put the foundations in place but was let down by poor take up from the fans. Ashamed to be a Wednesdayite these days. Sickens me when I think that even dem blades would have been averaging around 30,000 these past few seasons if they had the backing and players we had. We just have too many glory fans from places like Rotherham, Donny and Worksop who just want the glory of supporting Wednesday without paying for it.

SHOTS FIRED.

10 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

£8m in cash instantly, That's realistic.

Unlike a lot of businesses our issue is not cash as long as DC is happy to fund us. It's the losses for FFP that hurt. Rhodes was not signed until after these accounts and do will be included from next year onwards. If we paid £8m and he's on a four year contract the the transfer fee will be amortised (written off) over the four years at £2m a year. So if we sold for anything less than £6m before end of May 2018 that shortfall would have to be included in the 2018 accounts but any sale after that date could mean we could defer it to the 2019 accounts.

Unless our revenue has substantially increased then I can only see our losses being over £20m for this year as we have at least £2m re Rhodes transfer fee plus c£1.5m other transfer fees plus additional wages. We only released a couple of low earners so my quick estimate for this year would be a loss of circa £25m. Losses of £55m+ over the three years. Can't see how player sales would take us below this. FFP well and truly busted.

1 minute ago, steveger said:

The threads about the ACCOUNTS not your continued agenda and use of the words "i" and "me"...

Your quote includes neither of those words. I am replying to a moron who accused me of being racist yesterday for questioning his revered leader and now he is praising him over the shirt fiasco.

Just to bring a little reality to the situation.

As with any other business, SWFC will have been projecting profit and loss figures for the majority of their financial year so will not have been unaware of their financial situation.

They will have a business plan that they are working to.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ha ha I’m gonna start another one all about farming 

Don't think i'll be grazing over that one thankfully.

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

As with any other business, SWFC will have been projecting profit and loss figures for the majority of their financial year so will not have been unaware of their financial situation.

Although we might well have been struggling to get anywhere near said financial plan which may be why Katrien Meire has been brought in.

5 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

That doesn't make sense to me

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Worked a treat for Toys ‘R’ Us and Mapplins.  lol

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Will69 said:

I don’t think you understand what I’m getting at.

If the accounts of a club (over a 3 year rolling period) breach the FFP limit by 50p or by £50m is there a difference?

If we are going to be put under an embargo for say being £10m over we just should splurge the cash and buy a squad like Wolves did hasn’t we? What’s the worse that can happen?

I suppose the worse thing that could happen would be to spend/lose that much that we breach FFP in the premiership as well (circa 61M first year I believe).

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well surely that would be just made up nonsense right?

Made up by Andy Giddings then , who first asked Jos the question 2 weeks ago.

Those figures are frightening and just not sustainable for the football league (DC's already at loan max).

But with our FFP constraints, any player has to be at a book profit.

Selling Rhodes for , say, £2 million puts another £6 million loss direct to balance sheet.

The loan conditions mean they are repayble to DC.

Also,  are they secured against assets such as stadium - like Co-op was?

We will have to go Moneyball route of Brentford and Barnsley to trade outta this mess.

We gotta stay up.

8 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

We just have too many glory fans from places like Rotherham, Donny and Worksop who just want the glory of supporting Wednesday without paying for it.

Is it free entry for non-Sheffielders in your warped world?

7 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Yes but it looks like part of the plan was to get promoted this season

7 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Oh I bet you’re loving these accounts Geoffrey, any excuse to blame bad Mr C when he put the foundations in place but was let down by poor take up from the fans. Ashamed to be a Wednesdayite these days. Sickens me when I think that even dem blades would have been averaging around 30,000 these past few seasons if they had the backing and players we had. We just have too many glory fans from places like Rotherham, Donny and Worksop who just want the glory of supporting Wednesday without paying for it.

I see what you’re trying to get at mate, but I’m from much further a field than Rotherham, donny or Worksop. I have a season ticket and will do next year too, but could you enlighten me as to what you mean by ‘Glory’ because I can’t can’t recall where that fits in with being a Wednesday fan lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Although we might well have been struggling to get anywhere near said financial plan which may be why Katrien Meire has been brought in.

True, but the auditors have signed the accounts off.

1 minute ago, Woodyowl450 said:

I see what you’re trying to get at mate, but I’m from much further a field than Rotherham, donny or Worksop. I have a season ticket and will do next year too, but could you enlighten me as to what you mean by ‘Glory’ because I can’t can’t recall where that fits in with being a Wednesday fan lol 

same here i was eating my dinner when i read the "glory" bit, I will be picking mash and pork outta my keyboard all night now...:biggrin:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

:laugh: 

Owners invest in the club = big loss = bad management

Owners don't invest in the club = still losses = bad management / no commitment

Yet our fans still think we can charge £10 a game and still expect to compete

Wish I could plus more, the stupidity on here at times in mind blowing