SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

Just now, SiJ said:

Probably because they'd already decided the answer to the question. 

But fans have already voted to keep spaffing cash and having top paid players

So far we've had a vote, signed up all the youth prospects, and published these accounts

Reyt confusing

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But fans have already voted to keep spaffing cash and having top paid players

So far we've had a vote, signed up all the youth prospects, and published these accounts

Reyt confusing

Well...they'll have been aware of the financial situation before they came out with that survey. 

Losses of 20 odd million. 

Can the club afford to be reducing ticket prices? I suspect not. 

I think people are going to very disappointed when all those top earners (which they voted to keep) are sold off to balance the books. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Well...they'll have been aware of the financial situation before they came out with that survey. 

Losses of 20 odd million. 

Can the club afford to be reducing ticket prices? I suspect not. 

I think people are going to very disappointed when all those top earners (which they voted to keep) are sold off to balance the books. 

yeah that'd be not just disappointing but disrespectful and not the done thing at all

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Davey would throw a punch, but Geoffrey would swiftly avoid using a tactical accountancy stat

Related image

"This is for all those negs in the summer!...." 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So if this is the state of the accounts what was the vote all about?

We could still just try to get promoted by splurging cash again in the summer. Put all our eggs into the getting promoted basket. As @SiJ said, Brighton lost in 1 season what we have lost in 2 but did the business, Wolves will have a big debt from this season but the gamble has paid off. 

Do that and fail again though and the implications don't bear thinking about - but we could be partly to blame as we voted for it! WTF:

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Just getting us ready for a mass injection of investment from Thai Union and bollocksto the FFP lol 

Not sure if this is tongue in cheek, but I wouldn't bet against it.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Only ones worth anything are Reach, Nando (if he's fit), Lees and perhaps Hooper. 

Westwood will have some value. He remains an excellent goalkeeper. If he's fit enough to go and play somewhere next year then somebody will pay a fee for him to do so.

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

Westwood will have some value. He remains an excellent goalkeeper. If he's fit enough to go and play somewhere next year then somebody will pay a fee for him to do so.

Yeah. 

So there are 6 first teamers/top earners who we think have potential resale value. 

Not great, but we are going to have to get some of them off the wage bill. 

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

Wildsmith and Dawson will be worth a few bob as well.

Maybe adopt Goalie-wag for next season.

• Haha 1