SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

Just now, Rebowl Yell said:

I’d also add the fans to this list. We are just averaging 26,000ish the season with the investment and backing we’ve had it’s basically a disgrace. Also there are pegs still full of replica shirts from this season that people can’t be arsed to buy when Chansiri put in the effort to secure a totally unique brand/template. Simply put we don’t deserve this club, we sit online day after day moaning about the prices when if we simply just manned up and paid for it we could be looking at the Premier now. Big club my arse.

The only man in the world who can praise his hero for getting his overpriced shirts in the shop months late.

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, ANDY said:

The only saleable player we are likely to get any profit for is Winnall. 

If we can get £6m plus for him then that would help. 

If we get £6m for Winnall I’ll walk down Fargate with my spunk trumpet out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, Hookowl said:

No it's calculated pro rata.

I don’t think you understand what I’m getting at.

If the accounts of a club (over a 3 year rolling period) breach the FFP limit by 50p or by £50m is there a difference?

If we are going to be put under an embargo for say being £10m over we just should splurge the cash and buy a squad like Wolves did hasn’t we? What’s the worse that can happen?

5 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Unfortunately our revered chairman considers them to be family members and refuses to sell them. I am the only one who has been unable to see the Emperor's new clothes.

Yep, clearly everyone else was expecting the new catering changes to have outweighed the spending on our unbalanced over inflated squad and this has come as a complete shock to 99.9% of us who were expecting us to have earned a MASSIVE profit, largely on the back of the excellent value Wembley t-shirts that we kept on flogging long after the failed event!

Just now, Will69 said:

If the accounts of a club (over a 3 year rolling period) breach the FFP limit by 50p or by £50m is there a difference?

If we are going to be put under an embargo for say being £10m over we just should splurge the cash and buy a squad like Wolves did hasn’t we? What’s the worse that can happen?

Relegation, administration and being bought by the blades

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Will69 said:

Are you not in danger of being in breach for several years then? If the purchases don't work out you have no way to change things up.

Just now, Will69 said:

We've probably gone way over with this season already.

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

The only man in the world who can praise his hero for getting his overpriced shirts in the shop months late.

The threads about the ACCOUNTS not your continued agenda and use of the words "i" and "me"...

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Relegation, administration and being bought by the blades

Is this multiple choice?

I vote for relegation. 

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Same

ive been on the fantastic SHEFFIELD HISTORY forums

http://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk

That was how I wasted yesterday, love all the old photo's. Need to go cold turkey on your sites for the sake of actually doing anything productive every now and again. lol

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Oh I bet you’re loving these accounts Geoffrey, any excuse to blame bad Mr C when he put the foundations in place but was let down by poor take up from the fans. Ashamed to be a Wednesdayite these days. Sickens me when I think that even dem blades would have been averaging around 30,000 these past few seasons if they had the backing and players we had. We just have too many glory fans from places like Rotherham, Donny and Worksop who just want the glory of supporting Wednesday without paying for it.

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Neil can we have a poll for who Owlstalk will support now that Wednesday are basically doomed?

I feel like it should be somewhere nice and warm. Mallorca maybe.

Malaga play in blue and white stripes so they’ll do me. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

That was how I wasted yesterday, love all the old photo's. Need to go cold turkey on your sites for the sake of actually doing anything productive every now and again. lol

Ha ha I’m gonna start another one all about farming 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

If we get £6m for Winnall I’ll walk down Fargate with my spunk trumpet out. 

Will anyone notice?