SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

When, which players? 

I am sure it has happened before in the sense that players weren't played because more appearances would have activated bonuses but the instances I remember of this, the actual reason was known by all and no secret was made of it, no injuries were invented as an excuse, certainly not for so many players over such a period of time.

Around the time when we were properly skint

I know at least three or four that were out for significant time because of it

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, just visiting said:

The last set of FFP rules were governed by the FL alone, they didn't have the balls or financial backing to challenge clubs breaking them or impose the size of fines they should have.

The new P&S rules are different, these are fully aligned with the PL and, more importantly, have the full backing of PL and all its financial backing.

But if it concerns clubs that aren't involved in promotion nothing will change. I'd also be surprised if the sanctions you suggest, such as knocking teams out of a promotion place or the play-offs are ever enforced. All rulings like this are always challenged & appealed so imposing something like that during a season is not going to be feasible. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I know Grant wasn't be played at times due to it, but like I say, we all knew about it, not under the guise of a made up injury. What benefit would there be to the player to agree to not playing and saying they are injured when they aren't?

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The stadium opened in 2011. And Brighton don't own it and didn't pay for it.

Thanks for update. didn't know. 

Then they just had loads of executive skill and experience in beating us to players like Duffy et al for £2 million and getting promoted.

We had Doyen and Chansiri's son.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But if it concerns clubs that aren't involved in promotion nothing will change. I'd also be surprised if the sanctions you suggest, such as knocking teams out of a promotion place or the play-offs are ever enforced. All rulings like this are always challenged & appealed so imposing something like that during a season is not going to be feasible. 

Really, would SWFC like a 10 point deduction now? 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I know Grant wasn't be played at times due to it, but like I say, we all knew about it, not under the guise of a made up injury. What benefit would there be to the player to agree to not playing and saying they are injured when they aren't?

It's in another thread where the list of players this happened to was posted

I can't remember names 

Someone will remind me

Pretty sure madine was one

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Tis a good post - but how do you know they haven't involved PFA, etc?

Also, this came from Radio Sheffield who are not known for making things up.

Plus , the contract bonuses are for clubs who sold players to us, not money to players (recall Madine from Carlisle).

Finally, I suspect some of our players are happy to be out of firing line at present  (blimey Rhodes didn't wanna take a pen).

Good point in respect of the payments being due to other clubs, fair enough. 

In respect of Radio Sheffield, I think they said they asked the question because it's what some fans had been asking, not based on any definitive info.

While some may be happy out of the firing line for a while I can't imagine many would be happy saying they are injured and not playing for this long. Their own value in terms of gaining a move and a good salary next time out would certainly be affected. 

2 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Thanks for update. didn't know. 

Then they just had loads of executive skill and experience in beating us to players like Duffy et al for £2 million and getting promoted.

We had Doyen and Chansiri's son.

Can we just leave DC family out of it eh? If my family were included in a thread of this type I would be well p8ssed off. I think DC will be also.

well what a surprise?????? ive been saying for 9 months that out wage bill will have gone up massively it was 17 million upto july 1st 2016 now its 26 million ,I said it would be around 25 million its even higher , those figures are scary , we lost over 20 million upto july 1st of last year and over 9 million season before , that means to avoid ffp we need to get the 20 million loss down to 10 million maximum by july  1st 2018 which is totally impossible ,even if we had a fire sale in summer no player leaves our books until july 1st 2018 ,unless we get 10-15 million for forestieri in june and fee is paid totally up front. even if we stay up we will be well over ffp , if we go down we go to the wall ,if that's not true then please tell me how I'm wrong? I told you what our wage bill went upto now its official ,I wish I was massively wrong though as this is very serious guys. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Tis a good post - but how do you know they haven't involved PFA, etc?

Also, this came from Radio Sheffield who are not known for making things up.

Plus , the contract bonuses are for clubs who sold players to us, not money to players (recall Madine from Carlisle).

Finally, I suspect some of our players are happy to be out of firing line at present  (blimey Rhodes didn't wanna take a pen).

RS got it off here and Facebook.  Like all Owlstalk myths it's circular.

3 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Really, would SWFC like a 10 point deduction now? 

Same point applies then, nearly every club that has been hit with any sort of sanction for FFP has appealed it and transfer embargos have been applied after the event not when they breached them. 

If as you say, the football league were to bring in points deductions which affected promotion or in this case relegation then there would be no right of appeal. Not feasible, imagine they deducted points then a later appealed proved their decision to be incorrect in some way, you can't give points back the next season if the club has since been relegated or missed out on promotion.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Miller, Morrison and who else.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's in another thread where the list of players this happened to was posted

I can't remember names 

Someone will remind me

Pretty sure madine was one

Yeah, I remember a payment being due to Carlisle in terms of Madine's appearances or goals etc. But again, the reason was well known, not a long-term made up injury.