SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

The number of times I've tried having conversations with certain posters on here, laying out quite reasonably that any sensible guesstimation of wages would lead us down the path of being f00ked with FFP, only to be borderline abused by said posters... well you'd think I'd feel some sort of vindication based on these. Nope. Nothing. Feel chuffing awful. But there ya go. The powers that be decided on their promotion strategy, plenty of fans went along with it... reasonable protests and pointing out the obvious flaws were ignored and shouted down on here. I suppose there'll be a great swathe of "how did we get into this mess" now won't there.

Oh well, it won't be that bad. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Tis a good post - but how do you know they haven't involved PFA, etc?

Also, this came from Radio Sheffield who are not known for making things up.

Plus , the contract bonuses are for clubs who sold players to us, not money to players (recall Madine from Carlisle).

Finally, I suspect some of our players are happy to be out of firing line at present  (blimey Rhodes didn't wanna take a pen).

I think that's the funniest statement I've read on here for a long timelol

3 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Can we just leave DC family out of it eh? If my family were included in a thread of this type I would be well p8ssed off. I think DC will be also.

DC brought him into it by suggesting that's why he was persuaded to buy Rhodes.

To be honest, I'm more worried about financial integrity of our club.

And fans who pay £49 a pop or £2,750 for 5 year season tickets.

You do realise, at very , very worse we could go under here.

2 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

DC brought him into it by suggesting that's why he was persuaded to buy Rhodes.

To be honest, I'm more worried about financial integrity of our club.

And fans who pay £49 a pop or £2,750 for 5 year season tickets.

You do realise, at very , very worse we could go under here.

I'd love to see you stand that up with a verifiable quote.  It's yet another Owlstalk myth.  

3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I'll give you Madine but I've never heard owt about Grant.  Anyway he'd left at least a season before the Miller and Morrison admissions.

It was a different period but sure I remember Grant not playing at one time due to this.

3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I'd love to see you stand that up with a verifiable quote.  It's yet another Owlstalk myth.  

He said he was persuaded at fans' forum.

Then we learn twas because his son liked Jordan's tweets.

But you may be right. Probably his son could do a better job than this shambles.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nigel states: 

The vast majority of fans will look at that list and think "Thank God we don't have self important idiots attending AGMs and asing questions of our Board any more!!"... I would argue that its incredibly important to hold the people who are running the club to account and ensure that they are protecting an asset held dear to the hearts of so many in our community. As Milan often was heard to say "I am merely the caretaker". 

No, instead we have self-important fans who have their own website to air their ramblings. Is he too good to spend too much time on here now, his views would certainly get more debate on here but maybe he just wants pats on the back and agreeing nods from his peers?

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Our gate receipts only increased £500k despite huge increases in matchday pricing and attendances - does the club think this is because the differential in season ticket/matchday income is too wide?"

The previous season included the additional receipts from a Wembley play off final - half the receipts are paid into the pool to be shared between all the teams, which we'll have benefited from again last year, and the other half shared directly between the two finalists. In previous years there's been an agreement that the losing team got all of this but I didn't hear about this happening in 2016, probably not with Hull's bent moneygrabbing owner.

So the increase of "only" £500k was actually better than it appears because we didn't have the Wembley receipts last year which were included in the previous year's figures.

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

The number of times I've tried having conversations with certain posters on here, laying out quite reasonably that any sensible guesstimation of wages would lead us down the path of being f00ked with FFP, only to be borderline abused by said posters... well you'd think I'd feel some sort of vindication based on these. Nope. Nothing. Feel chuffing awful. But there ya go. The powers that be decided on their promotion strategy, plenty of fans went along with it... reasonable protests and pointing out the obvious flaws were ignored and shouted down on here. I suppose there'll be a great swathe of "how did we get into this mess" now won't there.

Oh well, it won't be that bad. 

To be fair I think most sensible posters were more than well aware that our wages couldn't be offset by our income, the club themselves have never denied and have indeed clearly stated that FFP would become an issue for us next season.

2 hours ago, Millhouses said:

Paying Rhodes, Fletcher, Abdi, Jones (and others) unsustainable high salaries on lengthy contracts....

got it in 1 , ive been banging on about this for ages even when we were 4th in league , what chansiri has done is criminal ,the only way out of this mess is selling 10-15 million worth of players before july 1st 2018 with at least 10 million up front to get us to be 39 million losses for 3 year period , please do that chansiri and then get the hell out of my club and take the leaches what are been paid 40k with you , if anyone understands anything about maths and 39 million losses over 3 years then they will see what a very very serious mess we are in .if we keep same players until july 1st which is impossible not to ,then if losses this season match match the 20 plus million for upto july 1st 2017 we will have lost 50 million from 2015 july 1st until july 1st 2018 which is a clear 11 million over ffp . so any player who we can get a fee for in june up front has to go to get below 39 million , maybe that's why all our players are injured because they have to be sold this summer . we have effectively been a play toy for chansiri`s child with the gift of premier league if we won , now this toy(our club) will be thrown into the box maybe never to be seen again. 

Don't see any positives from this at all. We need to offload players in the summer and we need the money up front.

Everything we can claw back needs to go towards FFP and there's still a chance we'll breach.

Absolutely no chance we'll be spending and most of the players with any value will need to be sold.

We're not even in a negotiating situation as we need the money and we need it now. If we got the option of say £12 million for Fessi up front or £16 million spread over 3 years we would have to take the cut price fee surely? It's not like we're flush with players worth upwards of £4 million. 

Is it really that bad?

3 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Who on earth is going to get us out of the mess Chansiri has got us in?

We're fizzed. 

I'n no accountant and still awaiting MK's judgement

but are we saying that we can only lose circa 9m next year before a breach ?

Edited by steelowl

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair I think most sensible posters were more than well aware that our wages couldn't be offset by our income, the club themselves have never denied and have indeed clearly stated that FFP would become an issue for us next season.

Given this, amazing he turned down £5 million in Summer for Westy as that's direct profit, straight to accounts.

To be fair, he just hoped we'd go up this season and wanted to keep it all together.

That's nice but suggests his judgement 's as poor as his experience.

And we really need a top DOF to trade outta this and find cheap gems. Terry Burton?