Honeymoon over Jos

I wouldn't be sacrificing any games just yet.

Like it or not, we aren't safe. The chances of going down are slim, but whilst the possibility is still there I don't think changing the side up as much as last night is the way to go.

Imagine this scenario..

We won last night, therefore distance ourselves even more from the bottom three..

Villa drew (two games without a victory after seven straight wins) possible wobble?

Swansea go to Brighton on Saturday and lose - Possibly picking up a couple of knocks etc..

Swansea have to play an unwanted cup tie three days later and another huge game four days after against West Ham.

Three points were there for the taking last night - changes made on Saturday safe in the knowledge the bottom three is further away and a nice cup tie at Swansea -  who want the extra game as much as Moeen Ali wants a bacon sandwich.

A real opportunity wasted, Villa and Bristol City up next in the league, the table could start to look a little more worrying in a fortnights time.

13 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

So at what point do we blame the players? 

Do people seriously believe Jos just thought of that team on a whim. He suddenly thought of it getting off the bus in London? 

Those players will have been given their intructions, they will have been told the game plan. And I’m pretty certain the plan wasn’t for Loovens, Wildsmith, Thornily, Fox, Pelupessy and god knows who else to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over. I’m sure he didn’t want Wildsmith to keep bowling the ball out to players under pressure. I’m quite sure he didn’t expect Loovens to have a meltdown - out most experienced player. Club captain to boot. 

Hes trying to juggle a patched up unfit squad. And I’m guessing the squad rotation is as a result of that, added to the fact we have lots of games in a short space of time.

Im disappointed that he didn’t make the tactical changes earlier. But Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and call out those players who are earning 10, 20,30k a week....players who really should know how to play football. 

Wildsmith is obviously under instructions from the manager.  He was doing it v Derby irrespective of how close the opposition player was. This was despite the fact that every time he booted it Joao and later Dave invariably won it. 

I had my eyes shut half the bloody time. 

Players were wee wee but the selection was poorer. 

23 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Show some respect. 

Im guessing you were happy when we had Irvine, Yorath etc in charge? 

I cant believe how ungrateful some of our "fans" have become. 

Please explain to me why the hell you came to that conclusion?

Try and explain why Id be happy under Irvine etc ?

But let me point out to you that in those times we all knee we were skint and poo so we all knew the score.

Last night we simply didnt play our strongest side, and if hes experimenting leave it till we're safe! But questions need to be asked as to why this was the case.

I was baffled at the set up against swansea but it led me to think jos had one eye on millwall away, a more important match many would think, so whats his thinking in both those games?

2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Wildsmith is obviously under instructions from the manager.  He was doing it v Derby irrespective of how close the opposition player was. This was despite the fact that every time he booted it Joao and later Dave invariably won it. 

I had my eyes shut half the bloody time. 

Players were wee wee but the selection was poorer. 

Yeah I agree that they were likely under instruction to play out from the back (rightly or wrongly). 

But the players should be good enough to be able to do it correctly. They sh*t themselves every time big dopey Morrison came anywhere near. Don't just sell your team mate out with a daft pass across the face of goal or whatever, hoof it up field if need be to clear the danger. 

He's a tinker man like Ranieri.

I'm more a fan of putting the best players out.

We worried too much about what Millwall could do and didn't concentrate on what we are good at.

I like Jos, I've not lost faith. He's still learning and trying new stuff but for me I would have played as near to the side that beat Derby as possible.

It's a game we could have won. Forget ifs and buts against villa.

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Nothing was as wrong as some posters are making out

It was one game

We tried something. It didn't work. Jos has been great so far. Let him do his job.

Neil in the sheffield version of Tariq Aziz the Iraqi foreign minister during the gulf war..."NOTHING IS WRONG, IRAQ WILL DEFEAT THE US!

Screenshot_20180221-120641.jpg

Jos has the choice between a weak side and a slightly less weak side. He's managing fitness and condition of players that we do have available. We're going to see inconstant results and performances....and clearly we're seeing inconsistent individual performances as well. 

We'll probably go and beat Villa on Saturday with our slightly less weak side....we'll probably see some beast performances again. Everyone will be happy, then we'll lose to Bristol or only draw to Ipswich at home and everyone will be in meltdown again. 

Far too early to throw Jos Lukaky under a bus but a thumbs down from me last night.

No forwards against Barcelona would be bizarre but this was Millwall we are talking about.

Players not being fit enough and 'managing workloads' really is another example of modern football disappearing up its own backside.

A good performance and 3 points against Villa on Saturday and will give the manager the benefit of the doubt.

Guest LittleG
55 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I get that he is trying to protect the fit players that we have and that next week we have 3 big games..........................but are we seriously saying that Nuhiu and Joao could not have managed 45 mins each last night ?

Couldn't agree more, surely our two available strikers could have managed 1 half each! As many others have said leave the experimental team selections and formations until we are safe; at this moment we are far from it. Just to say I've been happy with Jos but think he got it wrong last night.

18 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Please explain to me why the hell you came to that conclusion?

Try and explain why Id be happy under Irvine etc ?

But let me point out to you that in those times we all knee we were skint and poo so we all knew the score.

Last night we simply didnt play our strongest side, and if hes experimenting leave it till we're safe! But questions need to be asked as to why this was the case.

I was baffled at the set up against swansea but it led me to think jos had one eye on millwall away, a more important match many would think, so whats his thinking in both those games?

All eyes on Villa game.

lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

In your opinion which is/was the game to get points and rest players for Swansea, mine play a strong side against Millwall a weaker side against Villa, and a strong side against Swansea.

picking up niggles could in any match.

Jos is hung either way, he has few options and some tough games coming up

Lets hope our injury backlist starts to clear soon

1 minute ago, happy bunny said:

Jos is hung either way, he has few options and some tough games coming up

Lets hope our injury backlist starts to clear soon

Agree.

Edited by daleblue

16 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

That was pathetic, dropping key players that have been deserving of a start.

We are still fighting relagation its not an end of season experiment.

Away end packed midweek at Millwall, you have got to feel for you loyal lot that has paid good money to see that line up.

Fuming .

The same players who are only expected to pay 10/15 games a season are trying to keep us in the division playing week in and week out. Jos as already stated he is trying to manage them and I think personally they are doing a grand job. We still have a few good points above third from bottom. How many other clubs in this division with the same amount of first teamer injured  would be doing as well as we are. I would bet not many if any at all. Give the guy a chance and judge him when he as all the players fit at his disposal.

16 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Yeah keep taking the happy pills mate...nothing was wrong tonight .

What makes you think we are all happy with the situation. He as inherited a side decimated with sodding injuries all to key players and he is getting flak off folk for not playing the likes of Joao and Big Dave. These folk have short memories because they are same people who were berating the managers for playing these in the first place,. By the way Ive never slagged Big Dave or Joao off. I think the squad to a degree and the current manager are doing a good job in keeping our ars*es dry from relegation. So no, we are not happy f**king clappers, we are supporters who acknowledge what a bag of sh*t the manager as inherited.

59 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

What makes you think we are all happy with the situation. He as inherited a side decimated with sodding injuries all to key players and he is getting flak off folk for not playing the likes of Joao and Big Dave. These folk have short memories because they are same people who were berating the managers for playing these in the first place,. By the way Ive never slagged Big Dave or Joao off. I think the squad to a degree and the current manager are doing a good job in keeping our ars*es dry from relegation. So no, we are not happy f**king clappers, we are supporters who acknowledge what a bag of sh*t the manager as inherited.

Where have I said everyone is happy ?