Stobbs

24 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

He's put a lot of running in and I don't want to be harsh, but he couldn't even make struggling League 2 Port Vale's bench earlier in the season.

If the reason Clare is on the bench is because of contract issues then I'd be really pissed off with Chansiri

Did it ever cross your mind the reason Portvale are struggling is the manager aint got a clue ? 

1 minute ago, Busyowl said:

Can't afford to be nervous. This is championship football, not good enough!

Whats everyone else's excuse? all had an off day today. These young kids need encouragement. We've not got anything to lose by giving them a chance, some will shine and some will fall. I have a good feeling about him.

we complain when we don't play the youngsters and then when we do we complain that they make mistakes as all young players will do .... young players and mistakes go together and if we want them in the team we'd better get used to it happening .  

1 hour ago, LSOwls said:

This is why we have never had a young player come through.

Because our fanbase is toxic

Players have come through... look at Wood or Spurr.

You can’t blame the fans that we let Vardy go. 

Which young players do you think the fans have prevented coming through?

Have any of the people slagging him off actually seen him play at under 23. I have quite a lot. He played out of his best position tonight but still ran his heart out, made himself available and didn't hide even when he misplaced a pass. He will be good enough with more experience and confidence. Also playing in his preferred position. You people who already made your mind up should get a job at the academy as you obviously know more about developing youth players than the professionals.Give the guy a chance for god sake.

35 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Absolutely unbelievable stuff on here. Those slagging the kidoff should be thoroughly ashamed. Pathetic.

Totally agree. You cannot assess Stubbs on tonight’s performance as the formation made for a difficult night for whoever played in that position (whichever that position was )

I thought most of the players were nervy including the more senior ones so no point slagging the kid off. I trust the Op went to be able to write what he/she did ?

Just now, oldishowl said:

I saw what some of our fans were made of as far as our young players were concerned at Hillsborough against Brum.

Wildsmith has been great for us. Dropped a clanger in the first half and he was then booed by our fans on the kop .

Great stuff

Good point. I was embarrassed by Wildsmiths treatment. Did they Boo when he pulled the pen saves off. He was the player of the month for gods sake 

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Nowhere near good enough and not at the standard of other youth players. 

Misplaced about ten passes tonight in key areas and should’ve been off by now, poor.

No having that.

One of the few players who tried to move the ball forward and run at their defence.

Not greatly succesful but at least he tried more than most.