• Hutch
    • Fox
    • Pudil
    • Thorniley
    • Bannan
    • Wallace
    • Boyd
    • Loovens

I put Reach, not because he is the most talented player, simply because he has stepped up to the plate and has proved his critics to be wrong. Of course Fessi is our most talented player, and I would love to see him return to the squad, but Reach is far more valuable to the club.

I always think that when you are looking for an answer to such a question you should look at it from an opponents point of view and ask yourself a few questions.

1) if i was an opponents player who would i least like to play against/be my man. Answer FF

2) as an opposing manager which player would i be most worried about hurting us/make specific plans against/ even man mark or double up on. Answer FF

3) which player would i most likely sign to improve my team and weaken my opponents. Answer FF

4) which player of ours would get into most opposition teams.  Answer FF

Add to that an ability to create something out of nothing even when not playing well and being our top scorer for two seasons when fit. 

Answer FF

Edited by full fathom five

Isn't it funny that last season we had fans asking why had we wasted the money on Reach now he's being voted as one of our top players, I think it goes to show some fans should be more patient before saying a player is no good.

Still hoping this will be the case with Rhodes for the player and clubs sake. lol

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Reach. People saying 'borough had our pants down are wide if the mark in my opinion. Always looked like there was a player there even in the early days. There'll be premiership clubs sniffing around before too long.

Only allowed myself 5 seconds of internal deliberation, otherwise I could have debated with myself for hours.

Went for Hooper. He is the best all round player for me (narrowly pipping Keiren Lee in that respect). Not sure what went on at Norwich but from the outside it does seem that they overlooked his abilities.

If the question was "who is our best player this season" then it has to be Reach.

If it was "who is our most entertaining/skilful player" then FF. But there is more to being a (team) player than that.

Edited by Owl At Risk

Define 'best'?

When everyone's fully fit and firing on all cylinders, then Forestieri is the most talented imo.

Westwood has single handedly kept us in some games during the last few years when outfield players were having an off day.

Bannan can be very influential and always seems to give 110%.

Then again, Kieran Lee would always be the first on my team sheet due to his ability AND consistency.

Best player I think needs tempering by consistency and attitude. There is no question that Forestieri is our most talented player and he is also tough. On his day he is incredible.

However Kieran Lee is not only talented, he is integral to the team, gets better each season and scores vital goals. He can also be the best player on the pitch with a dodgy hip after 3 months out. He is consistent, adaptible and sorely missed. Our best player for me.