Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 0 Derby County - OMDT

Wednesday - V - Derby 

No automatic alt text available.

With all the excitement I almost forgot we've got a match tomorrow. There's been such drama hasn't there!?

Or has there? Has it just been us on here and our counterparts on Facebook and the lunatic fringe on twitter. 

What with all the conspiracy stuff flying around. Some of it true. Some of it porkies. Some of it from ITK and some of it made up by blunts for a giggle.

What is true and what isn't?

How do you know who to believe and who not too?

We just don't know!

No one can ever name their sources.

There's been threads removed and all sorts.

The good thing is though that Neil assures us that the site is safe and that the club aren't really bothered about sticking their noses in and looking what a bunch of saddos who spend their lives following the team think about things.

And that's good.

Because I really thought I might  never have an opportunity to use my new picture.

. No automatic alt text available.

But back to the main event.

The football. I mean, that is why we're all here isn't it?

To see 11 random blokes that we don't really know kicking a ball around a field whilst we sit in freezing temperatures for reasons that non football fans can never quite understand.  

It's been a week of negativity. We can say it's concerns. But by the very nature of concern...its a negative association.

So I'm here to focus on the positives.

Right. Lets crack on with the match facts...

The Match Facts

• ·         The Rams have only conceded two Championship goals in 2018, fewer than any other side.

Oh FFS

• ·         The Owls have won just one of their past 19 matches against Derby in all competitions (D8 L10), winning 2-1 at Hillsborough in last season's      Championship fixture.

Gordon Bennett!

• ·         Derby have not lost back-to-back away league trips to Sheffield Wednesday since December 1987.

Nurse! NURSE!

·      

•    Wednesday are yet to win in the league under new manager Jos Luhukay in a league match, drawing four of his five matches (L1).

Eeuuurgggh

·        

• ·         Atdhe Nuhiu has had a hand in six goals in his past four starts in all competitions (four goals, two assists).

Yay! 

• ·         The last time Derby had conceded as few as 24 goals after 31 league matches of a season was in 1985-86 (also 24) - the Rams won promotion from the third tier that term.

Meh!

Ok. So maybethe odds are stacked against us. Maybe it does look like we're staring down the barrel of a loaded gun.

But football is a funny F*cking thing isn't it.  Sometimes things happen out of nothing and you walk away shaking your head.

• We were going to get hammered against the blunts. We didn't
  • We were going to get hammered against Cardiff. We didnt.
  • We were going to get hammered by Hillsborough. We didn't
  • We were going to beat Birmingham. We got hammered.

And that's it you see. We can all panic and worry. But we can't do anything about it. We can't predict. We can try. But we'll be wrong half the time.  That's half the reason we go to games. The unpredictability.  It's why the bookies are minted.

And I haven't forgot you sods that have bet on us to lose.

Besides which. Despite them being apparently ace. The form guide only have them in eight place! You see. It's not cut and dried. They're drawing too many same as us. Well. Not exactly the same as us.  But you know what I mean. 

Anyway.... Derby could end up looking like this....

.I mean really. Is there anything to fear there?

Ok they have a big powerful back four. Even the right back looks like a light heavyweight. And they have two huge units in the middle. 

Then the attacking middle three of Anya, Vydra, and Lawrence. Full of running and verve and energy. Pace and trickery right across the line.

And up top a good old fashioned bigarsed striker who likes to bash folks about with his hips and face the goal. 

Yes. We've nothing to fear here chaps....

Long as if Glen is picked he doesn't go wading in on Vydra seconds in . We can do without that sort of start to proceedings.

I think Glen will start too, depending how bad his illness has been. And Pudil. I know that Glen might well be one the wane. And I know the kids have come in and done well. But experience. I think you need experience when you're in a muck and nettles fight for points at the bottom end of the table. 

I fancy Joao tomorrow to score. Based on nothing more than superstition.

And an assist from Morgan Fox! Because. Well. ....football

Come on Wednesday!!

Oh.

One more thing.

Do you say "Duurby" or "Darby"?

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

I think we need to sack Snooty I'm afraid.. He's overseeing our worst run of results for a very long time. We need to take a leaf out of the book of Jos and promote the youth.

Don't you know he's only 21 FFS..... lol

43 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wednesday - V - Derby 

With all the excitement I almost forgot we've got a match tomorrow. There's been such drama hasn't there!?

Or has there? Has it just been us on here and our counterparts on Facebook and the lunatic fringe on twitter. 

What with all the conspiracy stuff flying around. Some of it true. Some of it porkies. Some of it from ITK and some of it made up by blunts for a giggle.

What is true and what isn't?

How do you know who to believe and who not too?

We just don't know!

No one can ever name their sources.

There's been threads removed and all sorts.

The good thing is though that Neil assures us that the site is safe and that the club aren't really bothered about sticking their noses in and looking what a bunch of saddos who spend their lives following the team think about things.

And that's good.

Because I really thought I might  never have an opportunity to use my new picture.

. No automatic alt text available.

But back to the main event.

The football. I mean, that is why we're all here isn't it?

To see 11 random blokes that we don't really know kicking a ball around a field whilst we sit in freezing temperatures for reasons that non football fans can never quite understand.  

It's been a week of negativity. We can say it's concerns. But by the very nature of concern...its a negative association.

So I'm here to focus on the positives.

Right. Lets crack on with the match facts...

The Match Facts

• ·         The Rams have only conceded two Championship goals in 2018, fewer than any other side.

Oh FFS

• ·         The Owls have won just one of their past 19 matches against Derby in all competitions (D8 L10), winning 2-1 at Hillsborough in last season's      Championship fixture.

Gordon Bennett!

• ·         Derby have not lost back-to-back away league trips to Sheffield Wednesday since December 1987.

Nurse! NURSE!

·      

•    Wednesday are yet to win in the league under new manager Jos Luhukay in a league match, drawing four of his five matches (L1).

Eeuuurgggh

·        

• ·         Atdhe Nuhiu has had a hand in six goals in his past four starts in all competitions (four goals, two assists).

Yay! 

• ·         The last time Derby had conceded as few as 24 goals after 31 league matches of a season was in 1985-86 (also 24) - the Rams won promotion from the third tier that term.

Meh!

Ok. So maybethe odds are stacked against us. Maybe it does look like we're staring down the barrel of a loaded gun.

But football is a funny F*cking thing isn't it.  Sometimes things happen out of nothing and you walk away shaking your head.

• We were going to get hammered against the blunts. We didn't
  • We were going to get hammered against Cardiff. We didnt.
  • We were going to get hammered by Hillsborough. We didn't
  • We were going to beat Birmingham. We got hammered.

And that's it you see. We can all panic and worry. But we can't do anything about it. We can't predict. We can try. But we'll be wrong half the time.  That's half the reason we go to games. The unpredictability.  It's why the bookies are minted.

And I haven't forgot you sods that have bet on us to lose.

Besides which. Despite them being apparently ace. The form guide only have them in eight place! You see. It's not cut and dried. They're drawing too many same as us. Well. Not exactly the same as us.  But you know what I mean. 

Anyway.... Derby could end up looking like this....

.I mean really. Is there anything to fear there?

Ok they have a big powerful back four. Even the right back looks like a light heavyweight. And they have two huge units in the middle. 

Then the attacking middle three of Anya, Vydra, and Lawrence. Full of running and verve and energy. Pace and trickery right across the line.

And up top a good old fashioned bigarsed striker who likes to bash folks about with his hips and face the goal. 

Yes. We've nothing to fear here chaps....

Long as if Glen is picked he doesn't go wading in on Vydra seconds in . We can do without that sort of start to proceedings.

I think Glen will start too, depending how bad his illness has been. And Pudil. I know that Glen might well be one the wane. And I know the kids have come in and done well. But experience. I think you need experience when you're in a muck and nettles fight for points at the bottom end of the table. 

I fancy Joao tomorrow to score. Based on nothing more than superstition.

And an assist from Morgan Fox! Because. Well. ....football

Come on Wednesday!!

Oh.

One more thing.

Do you say "Duurby" or "Darby"?

Отличная вещь, ваша светлость.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I think we need to sack Snooty I'm afraid.. He's overseeing our worst run of results for a very long time. We need to take a leaf out of the book of Jos and promote the youth.

Not even close my friend. The blame can be fairly and squarely laid at the door of The Owlsman, who quite clearly has been suffering from constipation since August, hence the lack of motion (see what I did there), in his LHTD, which as regular followers will know, is the only 100% accurate predictive medium worth following lol

Excellent OMDT again Snoots , we need a little humour these days and you provide it . The stats say a Darby,  (that’s how I pronounce it ) win and I can’t argue , may scrape a draw if we get lucky but  1-2 for me , you never know though , funny ole game  .UTO 

Edited by dewsburyowl58