Carlos Carvalhal "I wasn't sacked. We had problems"

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Out of interest, is Rhodes a Doyen client?

Only Joao out of the first team squad but a couple of the kids including GH...they are though scapegoats for ever...so lets keep them close to us as we never know when we'll need them

11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Only Joao out of the first team squad but a couple of the kids including GH...they are though scapegoats for ever...so lets keep them close to us as we never know when we'll need them

I knew Joao was, but didn't know about GH. I was told by impeccable authority some 20months ago that GH would not be signing for Wed.

If this post is to be deleted, perhaps someone could explain the reason.

Edited by Buxtongent
punctuation

7 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I knew Joao was, but didn't know about GH. I was told by impeccable authority some 20months ago that GH would not be signing for Wed.

If this post is to be deleted, perhaps someone could explain the reason.

I'd heard that Joao had also binned them but don't know if that was true

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

But just what we're those problems?

• Scattergun transfer policy which mean we never signed a striker capable of doing 100m in less than two minutes? 
  • FFP?
  • Or pesky fans questioning why they were paying top dollar for second division football with the attacking intent of a 1960s Italian Catenaccio?
  • Referees? 
  • The whole of the squad being cripples?
  • Doyen
  • Not enough shirts to go around

What problems Damn it! What problems!

He's too classy to say, I expect the real reasons will circulate 10 years from now in a Portuguese newspaper after Carlos with a full head of hair gets a second tier side into the Premier Liga. 

Seriously though,root cause has to be the lucrative PL offers he received during his time here that maybe distracted him so our performances slipped and with a injury crisis to key players why stay and slog it out when he could make more money with none of these problems on the biggest stage of them all?

57 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I can't understand this vilification of Doyen . As far as I can ascertain, Doyen is simply a sports advisory company (A posh name for a Football Agent ) and has on its books a certain Neymar, who's not a half bad footballer.. They also 'advised' DC on his introduction to Football. It's a world wide company, and probably attracts some of the top names in football., so:-

What has it done at Hillsborough ?

How many, and more importantly, which of our players does it represent?

As a football agent, why is it the only one that constantly gets hammered on here?  

I am in no way trying to justify Doyen, simply trying to understand its vilification over and above other football agents, and trying to understand what its influence (obviously on here considered bad) over the Wednesday set up If someone can explain FACTUALLY what exactly itsinfluence has ben, I would appreciate it. I am quite prepared to heap blame on someone, but I prefer to do it from a position of knowledge, and not hearsay.

Please , someone, fill me in on this.

Isn't George Hirst under doyen??? 

Loved Wednesday wanted to play for Wednesday, no doubt right up until his doyen agent got way too greedy and has now ruined his chance of ever playing for the team he's played all levels Barring first team for??. The highest profile dealing I can think of with us, we know agents need to make money, their basically salesmen getting the maximum amount of revenue in for thier company. It never bodes well for the club for me having them involved. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

51 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Yeah, like most young Portuguese lads dream of growing up to manage/play for Swansea FFS.

Of course I can't disprove it, but I'm willing to bet that the bullshitometer is lying in a million pieces on the floor.

What do you expect him to say... 'Never in a million did i see myself managing Cardiff, how did I end up here!?!'

Alexis Sanchez said it was his boyhood dream to play for Udinese, Barca, Arsenal and now Man Utd... They're all at it. 

2 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Loved Wednesday wanted to play for Wednesday, no doubt right up until his doyen agent got way too greedy and has now ruined his chance of ever playing for the team he's played all levels Barring first team for??. The highest profile dealing I can think of with us, we know agents need to make money, their basically salesmen getting the maximum amount of revenue in for thier company. It never bodes well for the club for me having them involved. 

There are other influences in a young lad's life, no least of all paternal.

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Loved Wednesday wanted to play for Wednesday, no doubt right up until his doyen agent got way too greedy and has now ruined his chance of ever playing for the team he's played all levels Barring first team for??. The highest profile dealing I can think of with us, we know agents need to make money, their basically salesmen getting the maximum amount of revenue in for thier company. Dosent never bodes well for the club for me having them involved. 

In five years time Doyen will have had all our players on the books and still be the convenient scapegoats for everything wrong at the club. Truth is ONE first team player Joao and two or three youngsters and were doing what all agents do getting the best deal for their clients.

1 minute ago, Buxtongent said:

There are other influences in a young lad's life, no least of all paternal.

Just thinking of many lads with a bright future ahead of them have let agents turn thier heads due to greed and instigated moves to bigger clubs and more money that invariably don't work out and ruined thier career as they weren't ready for the move at the time. 

Cant understand the problems.  Gave us one excellent season.. one good season and half a poor season blighted by injuries.

Are all the problems because of Carlos.. no..

The bloke has had nothing but good things to say about us..   Lets show some class when he returns.. not adverse to a little polite clap in appreciation before the match.. 

And look to the future now.. its only just begun..

• Like 1