Carlos Carvalhal "I wasn't sacked. We had problems"

26 minutes ago, JAYFC1991 said:

So much hatred towards Carlos, yet I have none

I don't hate him at all.

I do think his tactics initially helped us massively in the first season he was here.

Then lack of alternative team tactics and alleged failures in training and promoting fitness levels ruined our team.

It was definitely time for him to go.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No need to get all angrymad

lol

I meant the injury list

OK, the injury list...what's that to do with CC other than the fact that it robbed him of several key players and is a major factor of our plunge down the table this season. It"s also the main reason that JL will probably struggle for good results the remainder of this season. If you wan't to criticise CC then blame him for that abysmal opening game of the season against Preston when it was obvious to a blind man that they were unfit, unprepared and unmotivated. But players have to take a huge portion of blame for that and for the other season changing performance against the pigs. How f***king bad was their collective attitude for that one?

He came here and did his best...ultimately his best wasn't good enough, but he is a decent man and does not deserve to be villified by some of the morons on here.

4 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

OK, the injury list...what's that to do with CC other than the fact that it robbed him of several key players

Firstly - let's drop the name calling and getting personal (morons? really? come on... let's have a mature debate and not a schoolyard one)

Secondly - re: injuries - I'm taking it you've not read the bits coming out of the first team players themselves recently about what training was like under Carlos?

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Firstly - let's drop the name calling and getting personal (morons? really? come on... let's have a mature debate and not a schoolyard one)

Secondly - re: injuries - I'm taking it you've not read the bits coming out of the first team players themselves recently about what training was like under Carlos?

I saw something from Boyd.

Personally think different players and Coaches etc will all have their own views on how training should go. 

I also remember Bullen stating, quite passionately, that the stuff about fitness being an issue was "a load of cràp".

We've got a few injury prone players on the books, some of them been here and regularly injured for years. Now on top of that we've got 4 or 5 that are not classed as injury prone.

I think, when you are carrying players that you know are gonna miss big parts of the Season, most Seasons, you're always at risk that a few more injuries on top will lead to this situation.

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No I've not...where are these "bits" published or have they been broadcast? Surely you're not going to tell me that FF, Lees, Hooper, Hutchinson and the rest have been injured as a direct result of his training methods?

4 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

No I've not...where are these "bits" published or have they been broadcast? Surely you're not going to tell me that FF, Lees, Hooper, Hutchinson and the rest have been injured as a direct result of his training methods?

If you've not seen it I can highly recommend reading up on it

Recent player interviews (Reach was one of them) discussing what training was like under Carlos and how it's changed for the better under Jos etc

They've been in the local press, on the radio in interviews, and even on the official website I think

It was posted on here a few times each time too

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, ramone said:

What do you expect him to say... 'Never in a million did i see myself managing Cardiff, how did I end up here!?!'

Alexis Sanchez said it was his boyhood dream to play for Udinese, Barca, Arsenal and now Man Utd... They're all at it. 

Well aware he's not the only one who's full of it, and that he has the right to say what he chooses, just like I have the right to call bull when I smell it.

'I've always wanted to manage in the Prem, and I'm looking forward to my time with Swansea' would've been a lot more credible imo.

Now I can't shake the image of a young Carlos being asked 'Nou Camp?Bernabeu? Old Trafford?' and him responding 'nah f.uck it, take me to the Liberty.'

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

But just what we're those problems?

• Scattergun transfer policy which mean we never signed a striker capable of doing 100m in less than two minutes? 
  • FFP?
  • Or pesky fans questioning why they were paying top dollar for second division football with the attacking intent of a 1960s Italian Catenaccio?
  • Referees? 
  • The whole of the squad being cripples?
  • Doyen
  • Not enough shirts to go around

What problems Damn it! What problems!

A receding hairline. 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Starting to wish he was, if Saturday was anything to go by

Saturday was a freak. Two goals gifted, a man wrongly sent off, a goal in added time. 3-0 down at half time. Won the second half in spite of it.

Nothing to do with who was manager.

If the same thing happens against Barnsley then I will admit that we may have a real problem. At the moment we have injury problems and a lack of confidence which if not corrected may lead to a real relegation scrap but we have seen signs that Jos had them much more organised in the previous games. They were shell-shocked after the first goal went in never mind Wildsmith's mistake for the second and the ridiculous sending off. Very few teams can retain composure after that and some expect our injury ravaged team to bounce back and win 4-3.

Until Saturday at least I will put Birmingham down to freak occurrences.

54 minutes ago, MaliceInBlunderland said:

Well aware he's not the only one who's full of it, and that he has the right to say what he chooses, just like I have the right to call bull when I smell it.

'I've always wanted to manage in the Prem, and I'm looking forward to my time with Swansea' would've been a lot more credible imo.

Now I can't shake the image of a young Carlos being asked 'Nou Camp?Bernabeu? Old Trafford?' and him responding 'nah f.uck it, take me to the Liberty.'

Or Vetch Field even.

I sincerely hope he doesn't get any boos or abuse. It would look very petty and disrespectful, I wanted him to go after Norwich but it doesn't mean we need to be disrespectful on his return. Just a mild round of applause from people who want to in the Lower south stand is all that is needed. Then everyone watch the game and move on, then i hope we never have to have Carlos back until we have all moved on a bit more. If he left to go to Swansea, so what?? most wanted him to go anyway, if he engineered the way out to get a move then who does that bother or hurt when we didn't want him anyway. My main concern will be watching Wednesday hopefully make a Quarter final in the FA Cup for the first time in ages, Come on Wednesday.