Carlos Carvalhal "I wasn't sacked. We had problems"

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

I can't understand this vilification of Doyen . As far as I can ascertain, Doyen is simply a sports advisory company (A posh name for a Football Agent ) and has on its books a certain Neymar, who's not a half bad footballer.. They also 'advised' DC on his introduction to Football. It's a world wide company, and probably attracts some of the top names in football., so:-

What has it done at Hillsborough ?

How many, and more importantly, which of our players does it represent?

As a football agent, why is it the only one that constantly gets hammered on here?  

I am in no way trying to justify Doyen, simply trying to understand its vilification over and above other football agents, and trying to understand what its influence (obviously on here considered bad) over the Wednesday set up If someone can explain FACTUALLY what exactly itsinfluence has ben, I would appreciate it. I am quite prepared to heap blame on someone, but I prefer to do it from a position of knowledge, and not hearsay.

Please , someone, fill me in on this.

Doyen Global acts as representative to players and managers and manages image rights.

Doyen Sports Investment is a hedge fund that made its money from third party ownership of players.

Doyen Global and Doyen Sports are part of the Doyen Group, a loose conglomerate of companies with interests in real estate, minerals and energy and sport.

Ownership of the network of on and offshore companies is all in the hands of the same small group of individuals.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal.jpg

"I wasn't sacked"

"I talked with the chairman because we had some problems and we agreed it was best for both parties for us to both move on"

(Carlos moved to Premiership side Swansea just four days later - a team he went on to say he'd always dreamt of managing since he was a young boy in Portugal)

Yes, I can imagine young kids in the UK wetting themselves with excitement at the thought of managing Moreirense.

:goalie:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Don't hate him at all but was glad when I heard he went.

Last few months were like a good relationship with a women that had gone sour but nobody was brave enough to admit it.

Not saying any right minded fans do hate him. But that's what posters on here have been putting. Personally I don't hate anyone...life's too short and especially someone who you don't know...that's just moronic

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

Not saying any right minded fans do hate him. But that's what posters on here have been putting. Personally I don't hate anyone...life's too short and especially someone who you don't know...that's just moronic

The word 'hate' online doesn't mean they actually do really absolutely hate someone

It means 'dislike' or 'not my favourite'

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

(Carlos moved to Premiership side Swansea just four days later - a team he went on to say he'd always dreamt of managing since he was a young boy in Portugal)

I'm calling cobblers on this.

In fact I've just completely imagined a survey of one million Portuguese youngsters, and can confirm only four of them had even heard of Swansea.

That's the entire place, not the shybo football team.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Just don't get this animosity towards CC. He took us to a play of final and was within a spozy equaliser from Huddersfield to taking us to a second one. Then the wheels fell off this season mainly because of an unbelievable injury list. He's never dissed the club, the city or the fans and always been polite and friendly dealing with the clubs business. The main criticism of him seems to be that some of the players are not Messi or Ronaldo and we didn't play like Brazil after the first season. Nobody  even knows for sure if he had any influence on the recruitment or the prices we paid for them and I'm sure he would have continued with the cavalier football if his remit had been flexible enough to allow it instead of having to go pragmatic to get results second season.

Before anyone starts I'm not a happy clapper of head in the sand merchant...I realised he should have gone after the last season because most managers have a shelf life and it was obvious he wasn't capable, or willing, of doing things differently....but the scorn and vitriol displayed on this site is unbelievable. It's as if some people have got the hump with him because he didn't actually win promotion...but there again they're probably the same people got the hump with Jones because he did. Go figure!

1 minute ago, Hougoumont said:

Just don't get this animosity towards CC. He took us to a play of final and was within a spozy equaliser from Huddersfield to taking us to a second one. Then the wheels fell off this season mainly because of an unbelievable injury list. He's never dissed the club, the city or the fans and always been polite and friendly dealing with the clubs business. The main criticism of him seems to be that some of the players are not Messi or Ronaldo and we didn't play like Brazil after the first season. Nobody  even knows for sure if he had any influence on the recruitment or the prices we paid for them and I'm sure he would have continued with the cavalier football if his remit had been flexible enough to allow it instead of having to go pragmatic to get results second season.

Before anyone starts I'm not a happy clapper of head in the sand merchant...I realised he should have gone after the last season because most managers have a shelf life and it was obvious he wasn't capable, or willing, of doing things differently....but the scorn and vitriol displayed on this site is unbelievable. It's as if some people have got the hump with him because he didn't actually win promotion...but there again they're probably the same people got the hump with Jones because he did. Go figure!

You've not seen the current state of our team then?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The word 'hate' online doesn't mean they actually do really absolutely hate someone

It means 'dislike' or 'not my favourite'

So I'm supposed to invigilate each posters English language skills...ok.  Anyway about these raft of first team players  with Doyen ?

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

But just what we're those problems?

• Scattergun transfer policy which mean we never signed a striker capable of doing 100m in less than two minutes? 
  • FFP?
  • Or pesky fans questioning why they were paying top dollar for second division football with the attacking intent of a 1960s Italian Catenaccio?
  • Referees? 
  • The whole of the squad being cripples?
  • Doyen
  • Not enough shirts to go around

What problems Damn it! What problems!

well exactly  the uncomfortable truth is he knew he'd lost 'his' team to injury ( who's culpable if not bad luck?) He couldn't and didn't have a clue what to do with what was left standing 

he's a charismatic chap we all fell for it at first  - but in his managerial history he flitted from job to job he's never had to deal with this situation 

Swansea is a team of talented players obviously needing inspiration that's what CC does  let's see where it ends up  when the charisma wears off 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You've not seen the current state of our team then?

What the F is that supposed to mean...course I've seen the team...I've seen the team for the past 56 years, some good, some bad, some indifferent. Have you not seen the current state of our injury list? It's as stupid a question as yours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hougoumont said:

What the F is that supposed to mean...course I've seen the team...I've seen the team for the past 56 years, some good, some bad, some indifferent. Have you not seen the current state of our injury list? It's as stupid a question as yours.

No need to get all angrymad

lol

I meant the injury list

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Doyen Global acts as representative to players and managers and manages image rights.

Doyen Sports Investment is a hedge fund that made its money from third party ownership of players.

Doyen Global and Doyen Sports are part of the Doyen Group, a loose conglomerate of companies with interests in real estate, minerals and energy and sport.

Ownership of the network of on and offshore companies is all in the hands of the same small group of individuals.

waits for a   ' yeah but what's wrong with that ? '