Carlos Carvalhal "I wasn't sacked. We had problems"

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

“Demise of our football club”!!!!

Give your head an almighty wobble son, fv.ckin demise!!!   Jesus wept, you want demise, look at Cov or Tranmere or Blackpool or Blackburn.

Proper drama queen you are!

:ghoulguy:

seriously hope this post doesn't come back to hammer you 

things could go south extremely quickly with this ffp business 

ask the fans of the clubs you mentioned 

24 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

He made a go of it, which is more than can be said in two decades.

I do give out some points for effort and playoff campaigns.

I'll always take having a competitive team over guaranteed mid table obscurity, personally.

invisible points don't achieve anything

For example under wilko in the 80s the football wasn't pretty, but he made us a bloody good side that was hard to beat, they are my fondest memories watching wednesday & of course big ron, both them managers actually achieved something, winning a cup & a promotion each

we had a great season under carlos in 15/16 but we bottled the final.. look at it this way imagine all saying how well dave jones did towards the end of the 11/12 season despite us bottling the wycombe game, but we played some great footabll (more attractive than megson's style) & had a great run form Feb - May... no wouldn't happen so why would this?

After bottling the final we recruited terribly, didn't strengthen in the areas we needed to, then once we got into the play-offs rather than have a real go at an out of form Huddersfield side we had this crazy negative approach which cost us... 

For me Carlos is mainly to blame for where we are now & that's a big bloody mess, like I said previously, we're worse off than when he came in.

4 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Told by who? 

someone I know who is related to someone who works for wednesday, same person who tells me the teams way before it's announced & I always put in OMT, normally spot on.

a lot of unhappy players atm & it's believed Jos was very disappointed he couldn't strengthen, but that goes without saying 

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

seriously hope this post doesn't come back to hammer you 

things could go south extremely quickly with this ffp business 

ask the fans of the clubs you mentioned 

A bit reactionary.  Settle down.  Forest and QPR got hit with FFP hard and look at them.  Midtable.

1 minute ago, gypsyowl said:

someone I know who is related to someone who works for wednesday, same person who tells me the teams way before it's announced & I always put in OMT, normally spot on.

a lot of unhappy players atm & it's believed Jos was very disappointed he couldn't strengthen, but that goes without saying 

If he gets crossed or lied to he will walk he's done that before  what I dont know is it the fact that DC cant or wont strengthen that's the crux of it   if we have to cut our cloth then so be it 

7 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

I for one believe you mate, said in an earlier post today, i think we are in for a few years of problems

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

He put himself in that position if the stories about training are true. He degraded the players' fitness and contributed to the injuries.

He is responsible for bringing in squad players rather than players that are better than the play off final team.

He said after he left that his first choice team was the play off final team thereby admitting he had failed/had no intention of strengthening the team.

I was unsure if we should sack him up to about 6 weeks before he went but if everything we have heard since is true I am happy that he is not here any more. Towards the end he sounded like Dave Jones, nonsensical, arrogant, deluded, refusing to accept any responsibility and almost as if he wanted to be sacked. In retrospect I don't think I am too far wide of the mark with that (allegedly)!!

Well first, the training...not too many probs in his first season or second season. (Certainly not comparable with this season) I think it's a bit unfair blaming injuries on him, we don't even know if he was made to play semi-fit players.

He said shortly before he left, he would be looking to strengthen the squad in the transfer window (one of the reasons many thought he was going to see the season out, no matter what)

It is not known if he was solely responsible for bringing in squad players, DC has many times stated he has the final say, most deffo a grey area that, either DC or 'his advisors' will bring in players and CC just being one of the advisors.

Maybe he was arrogant and refused to accept any responsibility but if he was not solely responsible then maybe he had every right to be bolshie.

He would be foolish to slag off his boss or how the club was run.

I didn't like the style of football and think he should have gone after the Hudds game, cos that was a major cockup.

I don't believe he was sacked, he jacked.

Anyhow he's going to spill the beans at the end of the season lol

Guest The Horse
15 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

What are the players unhappy about?
If they didn't like Carlos / his methods / training / tactics / recruitment then he's gone. Nothing to grumble about there.
I presume they're still getting paid and Jos seems to be very professional.
What's their beef?

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The word 'hate' online doesn't mean they actually do really absolutely hate someone

It means 'dislike' or 'not my favourite'

giphy.gif

Y' know, I had absolutely no idea that words "online" had an entirely different meaning when compared to 'regular speech'

Blimey

The scope for misinterpretation is limitless!   :blink:

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

But just what we're those problems?

• Scattergun transfer policy which mean we never signed a striker capable of doing 100m in less than two minutes? 
  • FFP?
  • Or pesky fans questioning why they were paying top dollar for second division football with the attacking intent of a 1960s Italian Catenaccio?
  • Referees? 
  • The whole of the squad being cripples?
  • Doyen
  • Not enough shirts to go around

What problems Damn it! What problems!

I know what's up with a lot of you. You've got that feeling you get when you finish with a lass then see her in town having fun. How dare he leave and be successful, he was meant to crash and burn at Swansea. Look at him winning 8-1 like we never mattered then politely wishing us the best. The hussy oh Carlos remember the play offs. They'll never love you like we loved you, we lived you before the hair transplant....... 

4 minutes ago, Widders said:

I know what's up with a lot of you. You've got that feeling you get when you finish with a lass then see her in town having fun. How dare he leave and be successful, he was meant to crash and burn at Swansea. Look at him winning 8-1 like we never mattered then politely wishing us the best. The hussy oh Carlos remember the play offs. They'll never love you like we loved you, we lived you before the hair transplant....... 

Eh? Nothing further from the truth.  I'm just interested to what the problems he refers to are. 

After all. ..we're still here with them aren't we?

And he did say he'd tell us at the end of the season.

No skin of my nose he's moved to the Premier. It's a dog eat dog business. Everyman for himself. 

Besides. I'm balls deep in Jos now.

So to speak.

19 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Well first, the training...not too many probs in his first season or second season. (Certainly not comparable with this season) I think it's a bit unfair blaming injuries on him, we don't even know if he was made to play semi-fit players.

He said shortly before he left, he would be looking to strengthen the squad in the transfer window (one of the reasons many thought he was going to see the season out, no matter what)

It is not known if he was solely responsible for bringing in squad players, DC has many times stated he has the final say, most deffo a grey area that, either DC or 'his advisors' will bring in players and CC just being one of the advisors.

Maybe he was arrogant and refused to accept any responsibility but if he was not solely responsible then maybe he had every right to be bolshie.

He would be foolish to slag off his boss or how the club was run.

I didn't like the style of football and think he should have gone after the Hudds game, cos that was a major cockup.

I don't believe he was sacked, he jacked.

Anyhow he's going to spill the beans at the end of the season lol

But it is known. DC says he has the final say but ALL owners have the final say in as much as if they are going to write the cheque for x amount.

Carlos said many times he has the final say on whether to sign a player or not.

13 minutes ago, Geosword said:

What are the players unhappy about?
If they didn't like Carlos / his methods / training / tactics / recruitment then he's gone. Nothing to grumble about there.
I presume they're still getting paid and Jos seems to be very professional.
What's their beef?

well I know 100% that Rhodes was fuming he didn't leave on deadline day, exactly why he was left out completely last game

I don't know what the main issue is, but look at it this way... 

Fletcher, where the hell is he? 

Fessi, allowed on full pay to go back to Argentina to get fit, wtf, get him back here watching games & let our medical team (do not insert joke) deal with him, why's he stopped posting on instagram since carlos left? Has he gone to same place as Fletcher? he should be in Sheffield.

Hutch, I said on here before that he had a mass fall out with the club, all to do with him playing with a broken bone at bolton, he was meant to be almost fit to play v pigs a month ago, where's he gone? 

Bannan, Westwood, conveniently have suffered setbacks

Lees & JVA, what are their injuries? Been meaning to come back for weeks, no sign & if they were close to come backs they'd be playing, we'd rush them back as we need them to play.

Hooper? Another one gone to Steven Fletcher land.

I think Lee is the only one where it's crystal clear that he's lout long term due to his hip - bless him.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying all these injuries are just bad luck, seems very convenient, there's 100% discontent among the squad, it's obvious & also what I've been told, why? I don't know

I get called a drama queen to say I'm worried about our future but how I see it is we're walking into a Portsmouth or Coventry but that's just my prediction, hope I am wrong, but denial was probably rife among fans of Portsmouth after they won the FA Cup & Blackpool fans once they won promotion etc etc

worrying times ahead

• Thanks 1

Just now, the mighty wednesday said:

But it is known. DC says he has the final say but ALL owners have the final say in as much as if they are going to write the cheque for x amount.

Carlos said many times he has the final say on whether to sign a player or not.

Didn't say whether he was allowed to pick anyone from the start though

If you want to buy new clothes you shouldn't be limited to a few items from a single shop window

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Eh? Nothing further from the truth.  I'm just interested to what the problems he refers to are. 

After all. ..we're still here with them aren't we?

And he did say he'd tell us at the end of the season.

No skin of my nose he's moved to the Premier. It's a dog eat dog business. Everyman for himself. 

Besides. I'm balls deep in Jos now.

So to speak.

Sure he's not a rebound until you find true love?