Carlos Carvalhal "I wasn't sacked. We had problems"

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Didn't say whether he was allowed to pick anyone from the start though

If you want to buy new clothes you shouldn't be limited to a few items from a single shop window

I'd suggest that if the money was available for Jordan Rhodes last January it was also available to him previously which makes me think the choice was not as limited as you seem to think.

Unless you know something of course.

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

I'd suggest that if the money was available for Jordan Rhodes last January it was also available to him previously which makes me think the choice was not as limited as you seem to think.

Unless you know something of course.

The general consensus is that Jordan Rhodes wouldn't have been Carlos' choice at all and some have suggested he had no real say in it whatsoever. Some even suggested that Rhodes was identified by trending on Twitter etc (the chairman has alluded to it himself)

I don't for one second believe the chairman said "right you've got 10 million quid to spend" and Carlos went "Sound - get me Jordan Rhodes" to then spend months leaving him out of the team and training his usual game out of him.

Owlstalk Shop

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal.jpg

"I wasn't sacked"

"I talked with the chairman because we had some problems and we agreed it was best for both parties for us to both move on"

(Carlos moved to Premiership side Swansea just four days later - a team he went on to say he'd always dreamt of managing since he was a young boy in Portugal)

So his boyhood team wasnt sporting lisbon or benfica in portugal or even liverpool or man utd in england ...it was swansea city?

Carlos was 5 in 1970 ...lets say he started supporting them at 5..swansea spent the following six years in division 4 and 4 years in div 3 till 79/80.

Has carlos evans got a dad in wales or something because im lost on this one ?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

well I know 100% that Rhodes was fuming he didn't leave on deadline day, exactly why he was left out completely last game

I don't know what the main issue is, but look at it this way... 

Fletcher, where the hell is he? 

Fessi, allowed on full pay to go back to Argentina to get fit, wtf, get him back here watching games & let our medical team (do not insert joke) deal with him, why's he stopped posting on instagram since carlos left? Has he gone to same place as Fletcher? he should be in Sheffield.

Hutch, I said on here before that he had a mass fall out with the club, all to do with him playing with a broken bone at bolton, he was meant to be almost fit to play v pigs a month ago, where's he gone? 

Bannan, Westwood, conveniently have suffered setbacks

Lees & JVA, what are their injuries? Been meaning to come back for weeks, no sign & if they were close to come backs they'd be playing, we'd rush them back as we need them to play.

Hooper? Another one gone to Steven Fletcher land.

I think Lee is the only one where it's crystal clear that he's lout long term due to his hip - bless him.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying all these injuries are just bad luck, seems very convenient, there's 100% discontent among the squad, it's obvious & also what I've been told, why? I don't know

I get called a drama queen to say I'm worried about our future but how I see it is we're walking into a Portsmouth or Coventry but that's just my prediction, hope I am wrong, but denial was probably rife among fans of Portsmouth after they won the FA Cup & Blackpool fans once they won promotion etc etc

worrying times ahead

You'll have to put your Columbo head on and find out what the discontent amongst the squad is about, i must admit i do find it quite bizarre about the injury situation, with no apparent news being given out about injuries or players coming back

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Didn't say whether he was allowed to pick anyone from the start though

If you want to buy new clothes you shouldn't be limited to a few items from a single shop window

That may be true but it still doesn't excuse the money wasted on other players who by Carlo's own admission did not improve the play off final team. Aside from that one instance (JR) do you really believe that DC foistered expensive players onto CC when he did not want them?

Edited by the mighty wednesday

Just now, the mighty wednesday said:

That may be true but it still doesn't excuse the money wasted on other players who by Carlo's own admission did not improve the play off final team. Aside from that one instance (JR) do you really believe that DC foisted expensive players onto CC when he did not want them?

Who knows?

If you were to ask me to bet on it I'd say that Carlos was given a small  list of players to choose from rather than a budget to spend on who he wants

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Who knows?

If you were to ask me to bet on it I'd say that Carlos was given a small  list of players to choose from rather than a budget to spend on who he wants

Who controlled this small list ?

What would be the mileage in DC limiting this list. Are you saying that you think Doyen or similar did this?

If DC allowed this he goes beyond "not knowing much about football" to total business naivety

Edited by the mighty wednesday

25 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

well I know 100% that Rhodes was fuming he didn't leave on deadline day, exactly why he was left out completely last game

I don't know what the main issue is, but look at it this way... 

Fletcher, where the hell is he? 

Fessi, allowed on full pay to go back to Argentina to get fit, wtf, get him back here watching games & let our medical team (do not insert joke) deal with him, why's he stopped posting on instagram since carlos left? Has he gone to same place as Fletcher? he should be in Sheffield.

Hutch, I said on here before that he had a mass fall out with the club, all to do with him playing with a broken bone at bolton, he was meant to be almost fit to play v pigs a month ago, where's he gone? 

Bannan, Westwood, conveniently have suffered setbacks

Lees & JVA, what are their injuries? Been meaning to come back for weeks, no sign & if they were close to come backs they'd be playing, we'd rush them back as we need them to play.

Hooper? Another one gone to Steven Fletcher land.

I think Lee is the only one where it's crystal clear that he's lout long term due to his hip - bless him.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying all these injuries are just bad luck, seems very convenient, there's 100% discontent among the squad, it's obvious & also what I've been told, why? I don't know

I get called a drama queen to say I'm worried about our future but how I see it is we're walking into a Portsmouth or Coventry but that's just my prediction, hope I am wrong, but denial was probably rife among fans of Portsmouth after they won the FA Cup & Blackpool fans once they won promotion etc etc

worrying times ahead

A lot of players do not want to play for the club.

7 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I can't understand this vilification of Doyen . As far as I can ascertain, Doyen is simply a sports advisory company (A posh name for a Football Agent ) and has on its books a certain Neymar, who's not a half bad footballer.. They also 'advised' DC on his introduction to Football. It's a world wide company, and probably attracts some of the top names in football., so:-

What has it done at Hillsborough ?

How many, and more importantly, which of our players does it represent?

As a football agent, why is it the only one that constantly gets hammered on here?  

I am in no way trying to justify Doyen, simply trying to understand its vilification over and above other football agents, and trying to understand what its influence (obviously on here considered bad) over the Wednesday set up If someone can explain FACTUALLY what exactly itsinfluence has ben, I would appreciate it. I am quite prepared to heap blame on someone, but I prefer to do it from a position of knowledge, and not hearsay.

Please , someone, fill me in on this.

Come on BG.

There's got to be a scapegoat and if there's one that ticks all the boxes in one go rather than have to go to the trouble of identifying new individual ones each week think how much easier and how much time & effort that will save. 

The ultimate hate figures, bit like the Evil Empire on Star Wars. Darren Deadman starring as Dirty Darth Vader!!  Film was supposed to finish at 9.40, went on till 9.47. Basta*d!!

F****n Hell i'm starting to hate em!!!

:biggrin:

Did the small list have 200 centre halfs on.

My view on recruitment without any knowledge would be that Carlos worked alongside his mates in Doyen to find possible signings and then he submitted a small list to the Chairman, in priority order, so that if the first one wasn’t doable financially he moved onto the next. All selected by Carlos.

The last bit is what the Chairman said in one of his missives, The bit about Doyen I have assumed.

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

We waint go down and FFP resets at the end of the season.

Nowt to worry about, trust me!

How does ffp reset? It's based on rolling three year periods. Clubs do not go back to zero at the end of every three year period. :rolleyes:

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

You're allowed a certain spend within a three year period, we're close to that now, we can spend again, obviously that's entirely at the discretion of DC as to how much but we can spend.

Yeah, 39 million during each three year period but that doesn't magically become zero at the end of this season. 

20 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Yeah, 39 million during each three year period but that doesn't magically become zero at the end of this season. 

that's exactly why I'm saying it will take a minimum of 2-3 years for us to be pushing for a top 6 side again , until yer fletchers abdis and Rhodes leave our club we wont have anything for new wages . 

8 hours ago, ramone said:

Carlos will always be welcome at Hillsborough in my eyes

8 hours ago, ramone said:

Carlos will always be welcome at Hillsborough in my eyes

Same here. His first season here will live long in the memory, playing brilliant football, the place was buzzing and everyone was together as one.

Fair enough it ran its course as most managers do. But the abuse I have read directed towards him or about him on here and twitter is laughable and ridiculous. Not to mention the complete cluelessness and things he gets the blame for. Carlos put up with a hell of a lot when he was here, a hell of a lot. Maybe one day he will tell he full story about his time here, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

3 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

Same here. His first season here will live long in the memory, playing brilliant football, the place was buzzing and everyone was together as one.

Fair enough it ran its course as most managers do. But the abuse I have read directed towards him or about him on here and twitter is laughable and ridiculous. Not to mention the complete cluelessness and things he gets the blame for. Carlos put up with a hell of a lot when he was here, a hell of a lot. Maybe one day he will tell he full story about his time here, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

What a load of rubbish

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

actually i think we did

who's responsible for the state of fitness training and management of injuries as it's slowly coming out what a mess it was