Carlos Carvalhal "I wasn't sacked. We had problems"

2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Cant stand the bloke?

Did he burgle your house and sh.it on your kids or summat? 

no he's one of the main people I blame for the demise of our football club & made every excuse going to deflect the blame

if he accepted some I wouldn't have said 'I can't stand them'

but as I stand now, yeah, can't stand him

Edited by gypsyowl

4 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

I can't understand this vilification of Doyen . As far as I can ascertain, Doyen is simply a sports advisory company (A posh name for a Football Agent ) and has on its books a certain Neymar, who's not a half bad footballer.. They also 'advised' DC on his introduction to Football. It's a world wide company, and probably attracts some of the top names in football., so:-

What has it done at Hillsborough ?

How many, and more importantly, which of our players does it represent?

As a football agent, why is it the only one that constantly gets hammered on here?  

I am in no way trying to justify Doyen, simply trying to understand its vilification over and above other football agents, and trying to understand what its influence (obviously on here considered bad) over the Wednesday set up If someone can explain FACTUALLY what exactly itsinfluence has ben, I would appreciate it. I am quite prepared to heap blame on someone, but I prefer to do it from a position of knowledge, and not hearsay.

Please , someone, fill me in on this.

Bet you don't sat that when their client young Hirsty leaves, for free probably.

Check Footyleaks website for a full and frank dosier on Doyen, plus a copy of their contracy with us.

Tell me another club whose contracted agents also represent their players and ex Head Coach.

if I was a kid at school I could write a 10 page spread about the problems at swfc ,and carlos ,doyen and chansiri caused the lot of them ,but the football stuff,signings,training etc are all down to carlos .I'm sure an experienced manager like bruce would have said to chansiri if he was our manager that don't give 4 year deals out to pros on there last contract/pay day takes away all there motivation for earning a new deal ,that's a big reason we are in such a mess now and going forwards. 

9 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

“Demise of our football club”!!!!

Give your head an almighty wobble son, fv.ckin demise!!!   Jesus wept, you want demise, look at Cov or Tranmere or Blackpool or Blackburn.

Proper drama queen you are!

:ghoulguy:

can you predict our future? no we cant be compared to blackpool,tranmere etc .but  Portsmouth probably a better club to compare to to demise . the way things are on and off the pitch and without premier league parachute payments all is it needs is chansiri to pull out his investment and we are gone , 25 million wage bill with very few of them on our books sellable, if we had to sell in summer ,forestieri 15 million would be 5 million lees 10 million would be 3 million etc cause clubs would know we would be desperate . if we can stop up this season then hopefully we might turn the corner,and chansiri might have learned from his mistakes , it will be 2-3 years minimum before we can have another push at top 6 ,we cant add nobody to our wage bill ,and clearly we are a bottom half team at best.  the crocks wont be coming back 

6 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

if I was a kid at school I could write a 10 page spread about the problems at swfc ,and carlos ,doyen and chansiri caused the lot of them ,but the football stuff,signings,training etc are all down to carlos .I'm sure an experienced manager like bruce would have said to chansiri if he was our manager that don't give 4 year deals out to pros on there last contract/pay day takes away all there motivation for earning a new deal ,that's a big reason we are in such a mess now and going forwards. 

I'm guessing the 4 year deals is what made us an attractive proposition. 

Also you have to assume that DC and CC believedo that we would have been promoted by this season .

Making the gamble worth it.

FFS.

3 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

I'm guessing the 4 year deals is what made us an attractive proposition. 

Also you have to assume that DC and CC believedo that we would have been promoted by this season .

Making the gamble worth it.

FFS.

thing is I questioned them deals when they were announced not 3 months later , I was 1 of the few what said it was a huge gamble/mistake to sign Rhodes for 8-10 million paying him upto 50 k a week due to what he did at middlesborough which was next to nothing . chansiri wanted premier league too quickly ,we should have been signing players in there early 20s with just an odd more experienced players  , 

Hopefully we can show a bit of respect when he does come back and rise above the nasty side of things that are developing.

I think he made mistakes and was very blinkered which coupled with injuries had caught up on him. But he could’ve probably gone to Swansea sooner. 

It was the right thing to move him on, but he did deliver two playoff seasons in a row. It would be a shame for him to come back whilst everyone is hurting and the response to be regrettable 

43 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Give your head an almighty wobble son, fv.ckin demise!!!   Jesus wept, you want demise, look at Cov or Tranmere or Blackpool or Blackburn.

Couldn't care less about them other teams, so no thanks

You are in denial mate if you don't think we're in trouble, this is just the start. Jos wanted money to spend in Jan, Chansiri wouldn't give it him, I bet we are manager-less come May. Carlos stitched him up with a reyt mess to try & sort out.

Ageing players on huge contracts, (Carlos had main say on recruitment?) we can't shift them so cannot strengthen

Things may not be quite a 'demise' now but all the signs are there, hope I'm wrong like but from what I'm being told we need to brace ourselves for a few years of poo  

59 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

no he's one of the main people I blame for the demise of our football club & made every excuse going to deflect the blame

if he accepted some I wouldn't have said 'I can't stand them'

but as I stand now, yeah, can't stand him

You blame the only manager in twenty years to do anything useful with the job and have us playing for promotion for the "demise" of the football club back to being a potential mid table outfit?

1 minute ago, Indoor Owl said:

You blame the only manager in twenty years to do anything useful with the job and have us playing for promotion for the "demise" of the football club back to being a potential mid table outfit?

what did he achieve though?

Last time I checked we're worse off than what we were when we finished the 2015 season with Suart Gray

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

what did he achieve though?

Last time I checked we're worse off than what we were when we finished the 2015 season with Suart Gray

He made a go of it, which is more than can be said in two decades.

I do give out some points for effort and playoff campaigns.

I'll always take having a competitive team over guaranteed mid table obscurity, personally.

1 hour ago, Finlux_Cup said:

We're not done yet, at the rate we're going we're more likely to be a Coventry or a Blackburn than a Bournemouth or a Burnley.......imo.

fingers crossed

15 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Jos wanted money to spend in Jan, Chansiri wouldn't give it him,

Well, just maybe CC said to the Chairman, I need some dosh in January to try and sort this shyte out...and the chairman said get foooked there ain't any more money, so Carlos said reyt then...I'm jacking cos I'm the one that gets all the grief and we are in big dodah without new players.

I would think the chairman said the exact same to the new manager before he started.

BTW I was in the CC out gang yonks before it became the popular decision, so I'm not trying to make excuses for him...but I now have a niggling doubt that he may have had problems that he had no control over, namely who he could play and who he could buy. Maybe he just got to the stage and thought fooook that, I'm off

33 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

He made a go of it, which is more than can be said in two decades.

I do give out some points for effort and playoff campaigns.

I'll always take having a competitive team over guaranteed mid table obscurity, personally.

I give FF more credit for those seasons than I do CC.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Well, just maybe CC said to the Chairman, I need some dosh in January to try and sort this shyte out...and the chairman said get foooked there ain't any more money, so Carlos said reyt then...I'm jacking cos I'm the one that gets all the grief and we are in big dodah without new players.

I would think the chairman said the exact same to the new manager before he started.

BTW I was in the CC out gang yonks before it became the popular decision, so I'm not trying to make excuses for him...but I now have a niggling doubt that he may have had problems that he had no control over, namely who he could play and who he could buy. Maybe he just got to the stage and thought fooook that, I'm off

He put himself in that position if the stories about training are true. He degraded the players' fitness and contributed to the injuries.

He is responsible for bringing in squad players rather than players that are better than the play off final team.

He said after he left that his first choice team was the play off final team thereby admitting he had failed/had no intention of strengthening the team.

I was unsure if we should sack him up to about 6 weeks before he went but if everything we have heard since is true I am happy that he is not here any more. Towards the end he sounded like Dave Jones, nonsensical, arrogant, deluded, refusing to accept any responsibility and almost as if he wanted to be sacked. In retrospect I don't think I am too far wide of the mark with that (allegedly)!!