No more of the Nuhiu nonsense

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

No, it's how I reply when someone just turns up to a debate  and offers nothing more than this..

Ok it just must be arrogance then on your part because once again you have jumped in and got things completely wrong, my 'passing the blame' quote was directed at you saying the refs a clown, we played 3/4 of game with 10 men and last 20 with nine but hey I know you will comeback with something defending yourself rather than saying you got it wrong.

3 minutes ago, Hutch's biscuit knee said:

Ok it just must be arrogance then on your part because once again you have jumped in and got things completely wrong, my 'passing the blame' quote was directed at you saying the refs a clown, we played 3/4 of game with 10 men and last 20 with nine but hey I know you will comeback with something defending yourself rather than saying you got it wrong.

I can't defend... until you tell me what I have got wrong.

a) the ref didn't lose us the game

Agree. He didn't score the goals. His two highly contentious decisions did however see us down to 9 men, which whilst not directly impacting the quality of our play but certainly removed any sliver of a chance we might have had at getting back into it.

b) who's fault was it we ended up with 9 men?

Matias, Pudil, the referee,  the linesman and two Birmingham players.

Not, as far as I know, Atdhe Nuhiu.

passing the buck is the easiest thing to do instead we need accountability within.

Agree with you 100%.

We can only look at all the factors combined .

Our injuries,  coaching,  Team formation, tactics, players psychological strength team instruction,  application of players physically and mentally,  their ability to carry out the instructions they have been given. 

The opposition, how they played, the performance of the referees, and officials, the performance of the manager in his selection and tactics. 

The misunderstanding/miscommunication between goalkeeper and defender for their first goal.

The unexplainable pass by Butterfield for the second and then Wildsmith inexplicably letting a simple and  routine save. 

Matias sending off , I can't see anything. But many on the North and the the linesman on that side thought they did..he's put himself in a position.

Third goal poor defensive organisation.

Yet here we are in a thread dedicated to Nuhiu....

He's not brilliant Ive never claimed otherwise.....but after a month without a goal Jos has put him in the team to help our attack. And he was involved directly in our team scoring it's first league goal. 

There were many, many things wrong yesterday.

I don't think Nuhiu was the worst of those problems.

7 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Nobody is equating the defeat to Nuhiu.

I thought you were smarter than that.

But as a matter of fact he was awful yesterday and the ball didn't stick, it kept coming back at us.

Isn't that what he's allegedly good at?

So he had a bad game like the rest. So what?

12 hours ago, alanharper said:

Or to put it another way, he's a striker that's managed 2 league goals in 2 years. 

In terms of minutes he's played the equivalent of a little over 8 full league games during that time (according to whoscored.com), so for someone who's not known as a goalscorer in the first place, it's not really a surprise is it?

12 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

After all the fans who are not morons and understand football were clamouring for the big man to start , again we get a totally inept performance.  Despite being told we are a better team when he plays.

Here are the FACTS.

Nuhius last 10 starts in the Championship.

Won 0 (yes that is zero )

Drew 2

Lost 8

I wish I understood football.

You wanna stop worrying about Nuhiu starting games when buttercup and fox are on the pitch... there just two areas of greater concern! 

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Hooper Fessi and Fletcher are injured. 

That leaves Daave , Joao and Rhodes. 

Rhodes confidence is shot , so what other options does Jos have ? 

Yep we have at least three games now where it’s any two from Nuhiu, Rhodes and Joao to start, or maybe Jos will go Uber tight after yesterday and play one up top.

Whatever the reason Rhodes was out yesterday, he is definitely in for the next 3 games.

Christ we are an injury or red away from having two available strikers.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Christ we are an injury or red away from having two available strikers.

A quite incredible situation. Twelve months ago we almost had a full team of them.

And to think that some fool was advocating on here a couple of weeks ago that we didn't need more than four in total in the squad.

19 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Nuhiu has had about 5 good championship games when he’s started. He has had some great second half performances when he’s come on in the second half attacking in the kop. But, we should not keep a player to be an impact player. He’s a nice guy and we all love him but we need to release him in the summer.

hear,hear

19 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

After all the fans who are not morons and understand football were clamouring for the big man to start , again we get a totally inept performance.  Despite being told we are a better team when he plays.

Here are the FACTS.

Nuhius last 10 starts in the Championship.

Won 0 (yes that is zero )

Drew 2

Lost 8

I wish I understood football.

Lets grab a snapshot of his games to make a point! 

Would love to actually know Nuhui’s overall stats, to give the lad a chance.