No more of the Nuhiu nonsense

Nuhiu is ok if we have strikers that can score. He's good to bring on as a sub but to rely on him to score the goals, well its never going to happen is it, not enough anyway.

Nuhiu is a useful player to have, i dont think starting him is what id do though  but as an impact sub he is really useful.

He cost hardly anything as well.

The irony on here is that i bet most of the people wanting rid hardly ever see him play because they dont go.

Seriously are people blaming 1 guy for the teams results for a month. Nuhiu scored most goals that period. If you looking for a scapegoat then I think there is better candidates. Nuhiu always puts 100% effort in which is more than can be said for some of the others. When teams go through periods like wednesday have this season forwards always look bad. They get few chances and get pulled into areas of play they are just not suited. Fans need to be getting behind players as new manager has only 1 player so far that is his signing. Moral is low and we need to stay in this division for JL to work his own magic to get us promoted next season. Manager making best of what he got which is not much ATM. Blaming 1 player for the results is just wrong.

5 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Nuhiu is a useful player to have, i dont think starting him is what id do though  but as an impact sub he is really useful.

The irony on here is that i bet most of the people wanting rid hardly ever see him play because they dont go.

I go home and away and I want rid. if we can send Winnall away,far superior striker away we deserve the tosh we are witnessing

On 2/4/2018 at 11:21, Bouncing Owl said:

Nuhiu has had about 5 good championship games when he’s started. He has had some great second half performances when he’s come on in the second half attacking in the kop. But, we should not keep a player to be an impact player. He’s a nice guy and we all love him but we need to release him in the summer.

Did we not say that 2 seasons ago, then last season.

Ineptitude in the boardroom.

5 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

If we were ambitious, when we said we're ambitious, he would not be here.

I like him, I root for him, my 15 year old loves him.

If I had to choose a player to score our winning goal against local opposition, or in a big cup match, I'd choose Big Atty.

But in the job description of striker, somewhere it will say score goals. Perhaps they forgot to say regularly.

Its not his fault, it's the club's for retaining him. It's symptomatic of our decline that he is getting so much game time.

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Did we not say that 2 seasons ago, then last season.

Ineptitude in the boardroom.

We did!

We can’t afford to mess about this summer. All out of contract players should be released. We need to freshen this squad up and also bring the average age of it down. It’s time to be ruthless. If we can, we need to get rid of a few more but that will be difficult.

9 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Not sure why DJMortimer as negged on this...they are black and white stats!! I didn’t just make them up. 

Someone has used the vote down function. How dare they? Stop posting everybody. Track down the fiend. I demand answers.

A little bit insecure if I may say so.

EVERYBODY knows that Nuhiu is not a prolific goalscorer. I can't imagine even one poster believes he's going to be the bloke who fires us to promotion. But he does have value in the squad and has exhibited this many times. Belittling his recent output is hardly fair as in the last two seasons he has played the equivalent of a little more than 8 full league games. And he has been outperforming much more illustrious and costly players in that regard yet continues to attract a highly disproportionate amount of criticism. Rhodes in particular has had every possible excuse offered on his behalf, yet Nuhiu is still scoring at a higher rate than him, despite his well known limitations.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We did!

We can’t afford to mess about this summer. All out of contract players should be released. We need to freshen this squad up and also bring the average age of it down. It’s time to be ruthless. If we can, we need to get rid of a few more but that will be difficult.

I've lost faith in the recruitment at Hillsboro, it will be nigh on impossible to sell the likes of Rhodes & Fletcher with the contracts they're on. I fear Hutch is crocked for good this time, I doubt he'd retire, so more lost wages.  Clear out required, perhaps the new CEO has been brought in with this in mind but I'm not hopeful that we will get replacements that will be good enough to take us up. 

WTF:    So much to look forward to !

54 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Someone has used the vote down function. How dare they? Stop posting everybody. Track down the fiend. I demand answers.

A little bit insecure if I may say so.

EVERYBODY knows that Nuhiu is not a prolific goalscorer. I can't imagine even one poster believes he's going to be the bloke who fires us to promotion. But he does have value in the squad and has exhibited this many times. Belittling his recent output is hardly fair as in the last two seasons he has played the equivalent of a little more than 8 full league games. And he has been outperforming much more illustrious and costly players in that regard yet continues to attract a highly disproportionate amount of criticism. Rhodes in particular has had every possible excuse offered on his behalf, yet Nuhiu is still scoring at a higher rate than him, despite his well known limitations.

Belittle??? I think your looking for something that hasn’t been said or isn’t there if I may say so. 

I posted factual stats...nothing that can be taken away and proves he’s a waste of space!! The little red button makes people lile you like you feel so powerful...warrior. 

Nuhiu proved his worth on Saturday with his display, as he had done almost every time he’s started! Get over it...he’s terrible.

29 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The little red button makes people lile you like you feel so powerful...warrior. 

Image result for vic and bob handbags gif

Or alternatively, it is just a means to quickly express agreement or disagreement without necessarily entering into a more lengthy exchange? 

I honestly never realised that those buttons were akin to a modern day Salem Witch Trial and I can only apologise wholeheartedly if my thoughtless act results in your torture and death. If it crosses my mind to down vote anyone again I will of course consult with the thought police beforehand to check that such action is ruled appropriate.

EDIT : Oh and you pressed the red button on my original reply. Got to laugh. Did it make you feel powerful; warrior? :laugh:

Edited by DJMortimer

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Image result for vic and bob handbags gif

Or alternatively, it is just a means to quickly express agreement or disagreement without necessarily entering into a more lengthy exchange? 

I honestly never realised that those buttons were akin to a modern day Salem Witch Trial and I can only apologise wholeheartedly if my thoughtless act results in your torture and death. If it crosses my mind to down vote anyone again I will of course consult with the thought police beforehand to check that such action is ruled appropriate.

Just don’t see what you’d get out of disagreeing with stats that are there for all to see?? Like I said...I didn’t make them up! They are stats based on direct actions of the players input (the player your trying to defend)...moronically might I add. 

The big man is who he is.

he cost us next to nothing and probably gets paid in a month what some of our ‘stars’ are paid in a week.  You can’t have 25 top class players in a championship squad. You need your first teamers, plus some useful squad players who won’t get too ratty about being bench players and offer something a bit different. 

Is he our best player? Not by a long way. But right now his performances are possibly what separates us from going down and staying up. I think he will rattle a few in and save us this season.

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Just don’t see what you’d get out of disagreeing with stats that are there for all to see?? Like I said...I didn’t make them up! They are stats based on direct actions of the players input (the player your trying to defend)...moronically might I add. 

There are statistics, and there is context. The real key is in the latter.

When International forwards like Dennis Bergkamp, Sylvain Wiltord, Jose Antonio Reyes, Nwankwo Kanu and Jeremie Aliadiere combined for a grand total of 10 league goals in a season alongside Thierry Henry's 30, it would be easy to sound off about how hopeless they were and that they were failing to fulfill their responsibilities as strikers. But as that was what they did in 2003-4 when Arsenal won the title without a single defeat, it would be difficult to make that case seem very compelling. There's way more to being a forward player than just the empty-headed reading of numbers on a page.

Here are some more statistics for you to illustrate what I mean from 2017/8...

SHOTS ON TARGET %

Matias     75

Hooper    61

Winnall    60

Nuhiu      53

Rhodes   47

Joao        46

Fletcher   28

MINUTES PER ASSIST

Matias      63

Nuhiu       204

Hooper     673

Fletcher   1,145

Rhodes    1,378

Winnall     (0 assists)

Joao         (0 assists)

MINUTES PER GOAL

Winnall    136

Nuhiu      153

Hooper    184

Matias      190

Rhodes    230

Joao        245

Fletcher   382

From the numbers alone, it would be hard to make a case for singling him out for criticism.

Source : BBC

• Thanks 1